Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Devnul

Remove possibility to PIN monsters.

It's MMO people! You can cooperate for crying out loud! You can easily kill RD with 2 ppl, one decent ranger and one tank. I am nearly 120/120, yet I can hold a red dragon long enough for a ranger to kill it, one flee if I'm unlucky enough. So, remove the pin and use the human pinning instead, just like in every other MMO out there, there are tanks, healers, spellcasters, rangers and whatever-thing-they-doers COOPERATING when taking down boss monsters. Unless of course you consider dragons a farm mob, which seems a bit ridiculous...

It's MMO people! You can cooperate for crying out loud! You can easily kill RD with 2 ppl, one decent ranger and one tank. I am nearly 120/120, yet I can hold a red dragon long enough for a ranger to kill it, one flee if I'm unlucky enough. So, remove the pin and use the human pinning instead, just like in every other MMO out there, there are tanks, healers, spellcasters, rangers and whatever-thing-they-doers COOPERATING when taking down boss monsters. Unless of course you consider dragons a farm mob, which seems a bit ridiculous...

Srsly, IMO You shouldnt be able to kill a dragon with less than 4 people anyway, let alone a sigle ranger using a "Epic feature"(PIN).

Srsly, IMO You shouldnt be able to kill a dragon with less than 4 people anyway, let alone a sigle ranger using a "Epic feature"(PIN).

Couldn't agree more. make the dragons powerful again please! :) Now, they are just overgrown lizards, farmed 24/7 :P

if pin will be removed it wont be worth to kill rd's for rangers anymore, since the top 30 a/d guys will farm it and keep the rd scale price the same

OMG Dubro! For You it will be the best to solo Castelan and get NEX removal each time, correct? :omg:

PS. I know I said I will not comment this thread anymore, but I just couldn’t stop myself … such awesome arguments …

This must me carefolly decided.

On one side put snared will give work on engineers and ppls will want to invest in that(thats good) but in other side are the expense of the rangers, 8-10 snares (for not much skilled ppls even more) will cost too much to kill a dragon witch will make ppls to leave this skill becouse every other skill has profit and there won't be for this one.

Yes u'll say there are invasions/instances/invances.

1.Invasions = 60-80% u will be bagjumped

2.Invance = ok it is usefull here but still don't think it cost to invest so much gc in training arrows and time for just 300-500k a/d exp per two days (or something)

3.Instances = everyone will farm much more and the prices of instance drops will be "laught". I watch the prices on those items and they are pretty cheap. For example an CoL cost as much as two rdholams. Thats crazy... and thats now, imagine what will be after pinning are removed. This pinning(bug) or w/e u call it makes small (but important) balance for the range skill.

I think the best is to leave it how it is now. This skill is enoght expensive and there must be profit of it.

oh forgot, Do u really want just 30 players (top 30 a/d, probably less ppl) to control the price of the scales ? and how rangers will go instances and make profit of it when instance drops are too cheap and in the same time they pay crazy gc for rd scales/tokens to go in ? + the dragon armors are enoght expensive now... and then ?

One more thing, Rangeing was skill maded to remove gc from the game and deliver more fun to ppls. Radu made great thing with that skill "two rabbits with one shot". The more ppls leave rangeing will result more incomeing gc in game witch will affect too badly. After 2-3 years all players will have millions of gc and won't know what to do with it.

I even think there must be one more skill added like range to remove more gc from the game and deliver more fun ofc.

The Balance is everything, don't ruin it!

Edited by DarkPresent

I can't get how pinning drives fun to the game... When you have to make some effort to kill boss monster - this is FUN to me.

I can't get how pinning drives fun to the game... When you have to make some effort to kill boss monster - this is FUN to me.

Try clearing dragons from invasions - with several of them around you - pinnig and killing is a real challenge!

Its been a mystery for me why pinning is still there ever since i first heard about it. Its a bug, right? It makes strong monsters easy to kill even by new players, right? Were the dragons intended to be killed by a solo player? Why is it still there?

Would like to see an opinion from our dear developer. :)

Try clearing dragons from invasions - with several of them around you - pinnig and killing is a real challenge!

Teamwork? Tanks, support, archers, engineers (when snares are improved...), all can contribute, right? Multiplayer ftw! :)

hmm, im for removing the pin- 'feature' as it is atm too..

but for an other reason:

if i pin a mob as it is now, the 'ranging-bug' can get me and i stay freezed when i forgott to bring combat-essies or summoning ings.

and yes, it was in the past 'omg i killed a dragon'...now its 'i killed a dragon, poor drop :('

but how to kill big mobs on single maps in future ?

teamwork is nice, but on single maps you can only gather a team of healer around one big fighter i think.

even on multi maps, teamwork is a nice but unrealistic dream...there will allways be one who takes the easy way to 'earn' a drop, well, or the fear for one to come along is allways back in the head...

snares could help, a real chalange for ppl with slow ping as i have...now i can range mobs even with bad connection (poor me, mobile connection i have), but yes, better snares...

place it, ttr, shoot...i think a snare with about 10-20 seconds freeze time would be nice...

but again, its soo disappointing if you get a mob down to low hp and a bad one steals it away...i bet a few ppl will try it 1-2 times and then just leave it :whistle:

i was ranging dragons, giants on ground too, without pin, just takes time and its big fun, if no one comes along to steal the drop....

for the RD farming, how to bring in some more thrill, and add some 'guards' in the cave ?

maybe some 'baby' dragons ?

you can easy 'farm' the RD without pin btw...lure it to the place with the cart, ttr..shoot...ttr...shoot.. :bow_arrow:

ofc you need some ranging level for this ;)

ok, only my thoughts :fire:

I have solution for you all, here is my idea.

Give alternative to RD for money income to rangers with the same amount of the fun by spawns and other. How? IMHO create 1st magic bow (none at the moment). Any idea for item, but maybe ‘.. of undead’ will sound nice. Enhancement = magic damage to undead (skeletons or … PW) same as normal damage.

PW is a monster which can give you a nice profit and also there are a lot of spawns. During the night you can shoot it with NV and ‘camo cloak’ for easy kills. Good ranger will take down PW with one shoot of PK arrow. And drops you all know.

Please comment, thank you.

Edited by Devnul

It amazes me how many ways ppl can think of to make ranging even more of a money sink. between "it's op" to PD and now armor and mobs with PD to make the one dragon thats pinnable and not in a pk map even more expensive. Which getting a mob into a snare is NOT as easy as you think. As for a new bow.. give it up because that will make ranging even more "op". Why bother even having ranging? I dont farm the rd and tbh its hard to even get the rd spawn. ppl come in serp it and leave only to pop back in at the 8 min to serp it again. And a few ppl even come in trying to get rangers killed to either get lucky for a drop or just to take the spawn. No one really bothers the black or the ice because they break the fighters gear, the ice well ofc the pk map deters rangers. So why make the one dragon we can safely pin unpinnable? IMHO leave it alone.

'i exploited it, i made my profit, now let's try get it nerfed for others'.

I'm against removing pinning. Remember the OP is someone that actually spent months farming the Red Dragon, and was supplying part of the top A/Ders with them for a damn good profit for quite some time.

Seen as pinning was already made impossible on the Mare Bulangiu ages ago, I highly doubt that pinning is considered a 'bug'. It's not broken, it does not need fixing.

Seems there have been multiple threads recommending something be changed because the original poster had first hand knowledge of how abusable something is.

Of course pinning is an unintended side effect. Just because something isn't removed doesn't make it not a bug. It's still ridiculous. I remember players pinning cockatrice in Willowvine when those first came out with noob alts. Bleh.

That said, unfortunately given the way things have evolved, removing pinning makes for other problems that most likely can't be fixed, some of which have been addressed. As with most issues, a one-step simple solution isn't possible and usually why nothing has been done.

Seems there have been multiple threads recommending something be changed because the original poster had first hand knowledge of how abusable something is.

Thank you Aislinn. It is really unpleasant to read that I suggested this so new rangers won’t have opportunity to make GC the way I did.

No, this is not the reason. But I think there is no sense to explain myself, each person can have their own opinion.

Thank you all for comments, I really appreciate them.

PS. IMHO the idea of replacing 1 high level monster (which should not be so easy to kill) with several (more spawns, better access) that can give profit for ranger (mentioned PWs for example) is worth consideration.

I'm against removing pinning. Remember the OP is someone that actually spent months farming the Red Dragon, and was supplying part of the top A/Ders with them for a damn good profit for quite some time.

Yup, I, too, agree with it.

Only people having no freaking idea what they are talking about should be allowed to post suggestions of fixes.

Edited by Vanyel