Eternal Lands Official Forums
The_Piper

Change the most stupid formula in game

A leather torso is buyable from an NPC for 100gc.

To make one, you need:

8 leather

3 iron bar

14 thread

Leather from the General Store costs 10 gc each, cheaper from Kelcha, 4,67gc each.

Thread costs 2 gc from the General Store, or make it yourself for free, if you have the time to do so, so lets calculate with 14*2 = 28 gc.

Iron bars from bots cost like 50gc each, the NPC charges 50gc. So the 3 needed iron bars cost themselves more than the whole leather torso from the NPC!

You can make the bars yourself, of course, but you can sell the 3 needed iron bars to bots for 50gc each, that makes 150 gc profit, while the leather torso from the NPC only costs 100gc.

So, the cheapest way to make a leather torso yourself is:

Buy leather from Kelcha, 8*4,67= 37.63 gc

Make Iron Bars yourself, including ingreds = 0 gc (but profit loss = 150gc)

Make thread yourself = 0 gc.

Total cost:

37,63 gc, a lot of time and a profit loss of 150gc to make an item, which can be bought from NPC for 100 gc

When you buy all the ingreds, its:

Buy leather from Kelcha, 8*4.67= 37.63 gc

Buy Iron Bars = 3*50gc = 150 gc

Buy thread from General Store = 14*2 = 28 gc

Total cost = 215.63 gc for an item worth 100 gc

Suggestion:

Change the formula to

8 Leather = 8*4,67= 37.63 gc from Kelcha

1 iron bar from bots/NPC = 50gc

6 thread made yourself = 0 gc, bought = 6*2= 12 gc

3 fire essences made yourself = 0 gc or bought for 3 gc each = 9 gc.

Total cost:

Made by yourself, iron bar bought = 87,63

All ingreds bought = 37.63 + 50 + 12 + 9 = 108.63

So make the FE's and thread on your own and you can make profit by making leather torsos.

Which is then another item in the market, which keeps players busy, and thats at least good for the economy :)

Piper

I dont think a NPC should sell any item ingame that has a formula for manufacturing.

In EL that would mean armors soon cost millions of gc... :P

I dont think a NPC should sell any item ingame that has a formula for manufacturing.

In EL that would mean armors soon cost millions of gc... :P

I think some people would try and spike prices, but in time. It would create a true supply and demand based price system.

Some will try and get the highest price possible, and some will try and undercut people's prices so they can sell more. Bots will play a more important role too.

Also, if you don't want to pay to buy something, you can always train and make it yourself.. i think people would adjust to whatever prices were created because many people would rather pay for something than train to make it themselves.

On the contrary, I think NPCs should sell as much as possible. That would set the top prices for all sold items.

The problem is much broader than this. Radu would have to effectively update and adjust all NPC prices every six months/year to the actual economical situation in the game to make it work... There are plenty of items, which are much cheaper bought than made, maybe it's on purpose as a money sink, maybe it's just an old times relic, who knows...

The reason NOT to change the NPC prices on many items is the effect on the economy for those things that the NPC's are willing to buy and are monster drops as well. Currently the NPC buy price is controlled by the NPC sell price.