Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Devnul

Leonard - the child of the night!

Hello y’all

Lately I came up with an idea that I want to share with you. This is about our old friend Leonard(alpha) :icon13:

We all know him and love him (or hate, depends on how do we meet). He hunts weak and prays on defenseless, really bad mother**** is he. How about making him more charismatic hmmmmm? :confused:

What I was thinking is to change only Leo’s looks/appearance (alpha tag can be removed too, since we will no longer take him for leopard). This will also take a very small workload (at least at beginning, maybe later Roja will find this idea even more interesting).

To the point!

He sleeps at day and hunts at night.

He lurks in shadows and attacks weak on sight.

He knows the magic and is strong as a bull.

What about making him a Vampire?

That would be cool!

Easy thing! Making him look like playable character (Use dark Elf skin?) with dark cloths and hood for the beginning. Later if you all like it and game developers too, there can be made special graphic for him. :evilgrin:

So what do you all think?

Thanks for comments,

Regards,

I agree with changing his looks, but I think he should still be a leopard. Maybe give him similar differences to normal leopards that fluffy rabbits have with normal ones.

Leonard the vampire just doesn't have the same ring to it :P

Edited by hobobob38

Just make him leopard skin with bruises and bloody stains on the head, that'll do. That could be as well done for the fluffies, which are indistinguishable from ordinary white rabbits...

I have grown to love lenny as a leopard, but I do support the idea of making him look different than the other leopards.

And since there are already other things in place like he drops "lenny fur" and its used for speed hax, changing his character would have a rippling effect...

That's similar to asking for Donald Duck to become a Yak.

It's a cool character, we should keep him the big headed alpha cat he is, with minor changes at max.

Perhaps just a small % increase in size is enough?

Make him closer to a sabretooth tiger in size, perhaps as big as a Giant Cheetah (Acinonyx pardinensis). Considering how fast he moves away after dissing you it would be appropriate. Could be nice if appearance changed as Lenny got stronger.

I do like the idea as well - the general "change his looks" part of it.

I'd like to combine the two charactes suggested so far (leopard and vampire) in the following way:

- He needs some longer teeth (vamire aspect) on his otherwise leopard-like physique.

- Some greyish hue to his fur or the spots on his fur - and yes, maybe some blood stains or something...

After the latest ideas in this thread, I guess one could sum up his appearence as "battle bruised sabretooth tiger of the night".

Side note to WiFi's C1 creature: That one already exists - it's called gargoyle and lives in White Stone.

Nice idea. I don't know if this can be done without changing the basic structure, but if so, I hope it can be implemented without a client update.

Making him grow with strength (like the ants) would add to his character :)

I don't want to see 'Lenny the Somethingelse', he is and looks like a leopard, thats 90% of the fun. You roam c2 and see him everywhere (but not really).

Thank you all for the replies and ideas. My idea for vampire was connected with his night living nature. :evilgrin:

I see that this is not the proper route, but almost all of you would like to see him in bit different skin.

I am also looking forward to see Leo a bit ‘visually upgraded’ and from recent work of Roja I am pretty sure, she can create something awesome. I will keep my fingers crossed! :icon13:

Nice idea. I don't know if this can be done without changing the basic structure, but if so, I hope it can be implemented without a client update.

Making him grow with strength (like the ants) would add to his character :)

I don't want to see 'Lenny the Somethingelse', he is and looks like a leopard, thats 90% of the fun. You roam c2 and see him everywhere (but not really).

I have no idea if it's possible, but maybe since he is a single AI. A size increase may be doable just like increasing a player's size from the EL Shop.

I realize a power related size scale would be harder though.

Also, I like the idea of keeping him as a leopard and not changing his name, but adding battle scars and blood would be a cool look.

I like the size increase idea.

I don't like the removal of the alpha tag, but if his name was red tagged, I think it might be ok. Why a red name? Because it is a fear factor. We could alternatively replace "alpha" with "hunter".