Eternal Lands Official Forums
saxum

Have a Part II of wine quest for mead and ale

You can buy wine in bulk but not ale or mead.

Idea for quest:

Vesine: Thank you for being such a good customer. I am trying to start a new strain of wine but I can not find any grapes. The damn rabbits ate them and now the seeds are probably everywhere. Please bring me X grapes along with wheat, some small dragon scales, some honey comb, X mortars and some deer and feran horns to grind and I'll give you a discount on buying cases of ale and mead.

:

seems odd for part 2 of a fairly long and involved quest to be simply 'bring me a mess of stuffs'

Edited by Nova

Did not mean that would be all that would be involved but not sure which NPCs should be involved nor all of the steps required but absolutely quest should be completed before released unlike the second part of the Bob quest. I uspect there would be NPCs to visit and gather information from on both continents.

I like this idea very much. It develops an existing theme in a way that's logical, challenging and interesting. No way you'd otherwise get me interested in having anything to do with dragons unless there was a fairly big mixing incentive at the end.

Even so, i'd rather be inclined to buy the dragon scale and avoid that peril lol.

Small dragon scales are something you buy from Henrik. Not the same as the scale you get as a drop from fighting a dragon.

Personally, I can't see why you would use one in this, or a feran horn unless the feran horn is used as a container. And yeah, I'd rather not see yet another "bring me a load of stuff and get a reward" type "quest".

As I said I said the NPC would grind the horns and be part of process. I thought about requiring mortars and vials as well.

It is also why I included wheat and honey comb, both things used in making ale/mead.

I included small dragon scales just because they are not being used at moment.

I do not suspect a lot of players would do quest but those who mix big batches of wildness (which I do), accuracy/evasion, physique (which I do), true sight, etc would find the quest worthwile.