Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Windows update test

1. Make a backup copy of your EL folder.

2. Download this file: http://www.eternal-lands.com/test_update_2.exe

3. Close all the EL clients.

4. Install it in your EL folder.

5. Restart.

Let me know if there are any problems. On the test server you can test some new stuff, such as the training arrows and bolts looking different. Later on we will test some of the new clothes and armors.

It is working extremely well for me - it looks prettier and smoother even on poor man and the warping roads and boards at certain camera angles in certain places has stopped. It not only looks smoother, but I think it's running smoother on my system as well.

Works Great for me so far. :)

#EDIT

One observation. In instance mode. My mana bar is not shown above my head. I was under the impression this was part of instance mode. All other features of instance mode work fine. (monster banners, other player banners. ect.) So, was this intentional, or is it an issue?

#EDIT 2

I have not tried it in an actual instance. This is just my initial tests walking around.

#EDIT 3

I figured it out. You have to click "Disable health bar menu" or something like that in the HUD features before you can click and add the mana bar.

Edited by Affliction

I have been using this update for over eight hours with two characters. Everything has gone smoothly and I have experienced no problems. Great work.

One thing - I guess that in "instance mode" you should be able to view at least monster's health bar/numbers, otherwise, nice feature, but this cripples it IMHO

EDIT: ether numbers are barely visible at night, would be nice to have lighter hue of blue maybe? rgb(0,191,255)?

Edited by Khalai

One thing - I guess that in "instance mode" you should be able to view at least monster's health bar/numbers, otherwise, nice feature, but this cripples it IMHO

EDIT: ether numbers are barely visible at night, would be nice to have lighter hue of blue maybe? rgb(0,191,255)?

You can select what is shown in instance mode for other players and creatures from the options window, under the HUD tab. I agree a lighter shade of blue would be more visible. Perhaps not too late to include that...

You can select what is shown in instance mode for other players and creatures from the options window, under the HUD tab. I agree a lighter shade of blue would be more visible. Perhaps not too late to include that...

Oh, thanks a lot, missed that option. Lighter hue of blue would be much appreciated, or maybe the ability to select from different hues of colours? But that maybe a bit far fetched perhaps...

Oh, thanks a lot, missed that option. Lighter hue of blue would be much appreciated, or maybe the ability to select from different hues of colours? But that maybe a bit far fetched perhaps...

Arf, I didn't see your post before posting exactly the same suggestion here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56372&view=findpost&p=561086

So +1 :icon13:

Arf, I didn't see your post before posting exactly the same suggestion here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56372&view=findpost&p=561086

So +1 :icon13:

I like your suggestion of colours, but I'd prefer to start from 0,127,255 at full and end 191,127,255 empty (so very light blue with a hint of purple), but that's just only details. Right now, the numbers are badly visible, especially at night...

Update working fine for me (installed after last server patch and testing on main, Win 7 64bit, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650):

- textures & icons for arrows/bolts display just fine (old items will default to PK ammo in item lists, even though in case of trainers being saved trainers will be put into inventors when being dragged from item list - delete from list and add again will fix icon)

- new emotes just fine

- Instance mode tested selectively - working fine

(other stuff not tested, yet)

- new emotes just fine

hmm, noticed things like curtsy or salute only work w/o bone / weapon equipped - i.o.w. empty handed.

Not sure if this is intended - makes sense, anyway.

Just thought I'd mention it.