Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mrs_DrtySouth

Ban

Hello everyone. Godfather said his forums account hasn't been validated yet and he cannot post but he wanted me to post this to Radu. It's a copy/paste from our forums.

Ok Thanks Mrs.

Tell Him...

I'm sorry about the mix up we had. I have recently returned from a 2 month break due too college/uni and did not realise that the rules had changed on what was allowed in invances. Last time i looked, there was nothing major that attracted my attention too the new invance rules. I said 300 arrows because i honestly thought i had clicked 300, now i realise it was only 200, and it was training arrows, i never knew i could not bring them. This was human error only, i was not trying too upset you or anything, ive never outlawed or been banned before. I did try too apologise but you never heard me out. I'm sorry about that mistake i made, only wish i had read the forums now and viewed closely on the 200 training arrows, instead of stating there was 300. I did think i had brought 300, as i have done in previous invances, this was only my 2 or third invance i've attended. I just want the chance for you too hear me out.

Username is scrooge. Could you post it on my behalf please?

He claimed MULTIPLE times that he read the rules. He specifically said 300 PK arrows. He used a specific number. I really don't see how can someone mistake "300 PK arrows" for 200 training arrows.

If he wouldn't have lied about it, I would have let it go with just a warning.

another of the guildies posted this to add in his defense.

We had a discussion on 6 and i had said it's easy to grab the wrong arrows because they are identical if your not reading what they are. We have been after him for a long time to change their color. I wouldnt let it get you down.

With all due respect, Godfather was in a hurry to make it in time into the invance. After i went to restock there were 2 icies near the fort by him and i asked if he knew how to pin. He was inexperienced at ranging and i even called for rangers to help him once he managed to have one pinned but they were busy with bulas. I just figured it was his low range level doing little damage and missing a lot. He had tried to help and had asked me how ppl were leaving and coming back. He didnt know you could restock. by this time there were only 4 mobs left. If you don't pay attention you can easily grab the wrong arrows since they do look the same. The number of arrows i have no answer for but to me he just seemed to not know exactly how the invance worked. Hope this sheds a little light on the situation.

Edited by Caliphear

Training arrows do significantly lower damage. I did check his logs and he did use PK arrows before, so I don't understand how he didn't see the difference. And the number too.

But the most important thing is, he claimed that he read the rules. The rules specify that you must help/be useful. He claimed he killed 4/5 monsters. With 200 training arrows, and ~25 ranging, I don't see how that can be the case in the 120+ invance.

Once again, quoted from our forums by Godfather

I think the 4 mobs I killed hawks, white tigers, ph's?

Post this please

The most important thing is being useful, I totally agree with you there Radu. By pinning down a dragon for a good few minutes and IG'ing the position of the ice drag too a fellow guild, do you not class is as some use? Also when players were killing the nasps, another ice drag and a couple of other mobs, I was ranging them, mostly hitting a 10hp damage. Maybe that's not considered useful, if not then I won't go too another invance, unless I'm there too fight in best gear. As being the only ranger on the wall, I honestly don't know what else I could have done. That reminds me, people knew I was not the strongest ranger, so why did they all run off? Or better still, why did no one say I should not be on the wall, because it's breaking the rules? I thought what I was doing was ok, because no one had say anything. I'm not blaming other players for my ignorance to the el forums, or most specifically the invance rule, I agree that maybe a 1 month ban from an invance or some sort of In game punishment is fair enough. Infact A lifetime ban from going to an invance, i would not complain with that. I only go to invances because i get encouraged from friends saying its fun, and it's good exp too kill those sorts of monsters. but a 1 month ban for a simple slip up bearing in mind im a guy who has never caused trouble? Ask anyone on channel 6 if they have ever made a mistake and i bet you there's not a single person there who can claim that they have never made a mistake. Well I could, untill now. Don't you think thats a bit unfair? I'm not trying too have a go, but simply ask that this case is reviewed and show that what I did was a mistake, not intentional!

When usl asked me if I had read the rules, when he posted the link too me, that's when I had a brief read of them, that was my first time reading rules on the invance. This was during the invance itself, but seeing as there was only a few mobs left, I didn't know what too do next. I thought maybe he would ask me too leave or something but he did not, so for about 5 minutes I was following players kill the mobs (I know that this does not help them kill anything, bit at this moment I was out of arrows and never knew I could restock). At that time Radu pulled me out, so I thought ok then no problem, I never complained because I knew I was in the wrong. And then all of a sudden, he asked me "was I fucking kidding him"? At that point I never knew what was going on. He then asked what rules said, at that time I replied I had 300 arrows, that was where I made the mistake of thinking I had 300 when i had only had 200. The reply was then "fuck you, 1 month ban" and I was booted straight. When i said i was carrying 300 arrows, i never said it out of arrogance, lies or pure stupidity, I said it because i genuinely believed it was 300. I dont lie, never have and never will. I am not a liar, i've always spoke too you with respect and honesty, and that will NEVER change. If you had let me explain, i was gonna ask if you could check my logs for me, because i knew i was un-sure. I never intended too hurt you Radu or Anything like that, you know on countless times when I've spoke too you in the past we've been fine. My first time ever being banned, infact i have never broke a single rule on el, apart from the time I got muted for like 10 mins for accidentally selling gc's on market, never knew that was allowed at that time either aha, but then I apologised and was unmuted after about 1 minute aha. So yes I said I had read the rules, that was AFTER usl posted the link too me via pm. That was the reason i said yes in response too your question 'have you read the rules'.

Bearing in mind the local time here was around 2:00 - 3:00 am in the morning, i was tired and losing concentration at that point. I was mis-reading things, perhaps the cause of me thinking i had 300 arrows and the belief that they were PK. Quite frankly i did not check, because i had too make the invance in time before it started, i just grabbed my gear and ran too the hall. Most players said hello to me when i arrived and welcomed me, so i grabbed a spot on the wall too see if i could catch a few critters. I thought it was a nice atmosphere, no rule breakers, no troublemakers, just people there too have a good time working together as a unit. Never did i intend too be a pain to you Radu or upset anyone.

Why would I lie about an incident as minor as this? There are people who have done much much worse things than me and only be given a 1 month ban. This has affected no one but me. I've been banned for 1 month for accidently not taking 300 pk arrows to an invance. I did NOT gear up for an invance, with the intention to get banned. I've not multied, spammed or been dis-respectful too anyone, i simply made an error of judgement, by clicking 200 training arrows instead of 300 pk arrows.

If I did upset you last night Radu, i am sorry. i can't state that enough. I can assure you now that I did not log on with any plans of ruining your night. I hope that the above statement gives you a little more understanding of the sitiuation i was in last night. Maybe it's a little extreme too say im friends with alot of moderators in game, but ive had chats with Aislinn, maxine, usl, wizzy and maybe some more and it's been a pleasure talking too em. We've had a laugh and a joke, always smiling too each other. Infact i spoke too wizzy not long back, we had a great lengthy conversation, I hope that these guys can tell you im a decent person too speak too and not a lier. My guilds L.A. and <TE>, all you need to do is speak too them, and they will tell you what sort of guy I am. I would never lie and do anything too cause trouble. Infact ask many players ingame, spoke too almost everybody before, never upset anyone. Don't think I have anyone on my ignore list, and vice versa.

I've came and sat with you on quite a few occasion in IP too help out the newbie players in starting the games. I did that out of my own time to try and help you and make your life easier. Does that not show what sort of guy I am? I am not an outlaw, a lier or troublemaker. We've had a laugh and a joke in the past. All i've ever done, is try and be helpful. That's also why i came along too the invance, to help the players and work as a team. Clearly I made a mistake in thinking I could be of some use.

All I am asking is that you can forgive me, and realise that I am not a bad person, nor would I ever go out of my way too break any rules, this being my first incident. My first incident, a minor one, and I have been banned for a month. It is embarrasing and upsetting, because maybe people will look at me through a different light now that i have been banned. You've probably heard a million sob stories in the past, but the difference too this one is i am genuine, this is my first Incident in EL, speaking of which a very minor one too say the least. Last night I got sworn at, accused of being a lier and treated like i was the scum of EL by certain players. If that's fair, well then i'd hate too see what un-fair is.

Another post from godfather

Could I also add

I hold my hand up too the fact I was wrong, and you were right. I did not recieve any experience from that invance, and I did not deserve any after my mistake. I promise I never lied intentionally to try and trick you, I said what i did because i had convinced myself at the time that I was in the right ; Arrogance? Yes. As soon as I realised my mistake, I put my hands up straight away. Why would I lie if I knew you had access to my logs and all my stuff so that you could check for yourself? As i said before, I was going too ask you if you could check my logs, but i was booted before i could throw the question in.

Did I purposely lie about it? No

But Was I in the wrong? Yes

This whole scenario has been due too human error, %100 on my part. I have no shame in saying that i will hold my hands up too my mistakes. I'm admitting it, and throughout this entire incident I have been telling the truth. Whether or not you decide to impose the following punishment upon me i dont mind, but I will NOT be attending another invance, period. This ban has shown me the severity of ignorance towards the el forums, of which i plan too change from now. I understand your fustration, I have been told off and will take it on the chin. I just hope that this does not change the way people see me as a player and a person. Radu I hope that we can put this whole incident behind us, and move forward with me learning something. After all, as the famous saying goes, how can we learn without making mistakes?

Last edited by Scrooge on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ok, I unbanned you.

Do NOT go to the invance again unless you bring good gear and help. Pinning a dragon or reporting locations is not helping enough, you must kill monsters (or guard the gate and have the gear to kill the monsters that might enter).