Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

i think im banned

Hello, I have a character named Ruby. I haven't played in quite awhile. When i type in my log in information nothing happens and a forum topic said this means I'm banned, but I'm not sure why. Is there any way I can get my character back?

Thank you,

James

There can be many other reasons why you cannot log in, but as you can see here Ruby is indeed locked. Maybe best to figure out why you were locked and then explain here why you think you should get your char back.

Oh I see. Well the only thing I could think of is that my brother also plays and I have an older character which is not in use anymore. All 3 of which are on the same IP. Can someone confirm that this is the issue? That should leave bonecollector, Ruby and my brother who's name I believe is balthasar3. Although the other 2 characters can log in just fine. So maybe this isnt the problem?

Edited by bonecollector

I really cant think of what I could have done. Its been quite awhile since I've played, but i really believe I always followed the rules. Would you be able to tell me what the cause for the ban was? I didnt stop playing because I was banned, last I knew everything was fine. So I think this happened while my character was inactive?

Edited by bonecollector

It is illegal for two characters from the same IP to fight, trade or in any other way help each other way (e.g. save a deathbag). This includes acting as a middleman between two chars (A trades to you, you trade to alt-A), which will get the middleman locked as well. Your char was involved in a case where chars were locked for multi. Maybe figure out which other chars are locked as well.

Oh I understand. Well I wont lie to you, we did used to help each other, we haven't played together for several months now. I apologize, I did not know this was illegal. However, my brother and my old character both log in just fine. There would have been no one else on the same IP that I would have interacted with. We no longer live together so trading from the same IP wont be a problem, and I will delete my other inactive character immediately. Is there anyway I can be unlocked?

So you want Ruby instead of bonecollector or greffith or any other character you used, borrowed, or owned?

You are not allowed alts, or to share characters no matter which one you keep.

Yes I would like to keep only Ruby. I have two characters, bonecollector and Ruby. I will delete bonecollector because I don't use that character anymore. I was unaware that I cannot have two characters. But I apologize for doing that, and now that I know, I have no problem deleting bonecollector. I don't plan on having an alt or sharing any character.