Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kiwi06

Unresolved issue

I really want to play EL. I had this issue last year and gave up on trying because I couldn't fix it.

I've seen that some other people have this same issue, but haven't seen how to fix it.

When I start EL (everything is fine, no crashes) I type in my log in info and click log in but nothing happens. NOTHING, no errors or anything.

If I don't push anything at the beginning I can see that it never actually connects and after a while I get the "Disconnected" message.

I've pinged EL and other places and I get responses.

Why can't I connect? Is my IP blocked or something?

Please help! ^^'

I would try running a telnet connection to port 2000 on the el server - thats may be what is being blocked. Also try port 2001 - thats the test server.

If unssure of how to use telnet - check other posts in this section- as many have the exact instructions

Edited by Raz

Hey Kiwi06 wondered why i hadn't seen you in awhile :)Since i somewhat know where you are, are you attempting to log in from the dorm or over the university internet? If so that might be what's blocking you. It might be good to look into Learners proxy service. Not 100% sure that is the issue but it could be. Fast way to try might be to install EL on a laptop try from there then go somewhere else with wifi or a friends house and try logging in from there and see if you have the same issue. If you can't find a friendly wifi connection let me know via forum pm i can have you come up to the bookstore where i work and add you to the wifi to see if it works as i know i can get on EL there.

Hope that helps :)

Yeah I'm trying to log in from Missouri State University. I think it is the university blocking it, but they won't help me. I don't have any kind of income so I can't get Learner's proxy service. EL worked fine at my house, but does not work at the university. If it is them blocking me then I really have no way to fix it because they aren't cooperating. Is there no other way to fix this?

Thanks for the tips,

Kiwi

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.