Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ikaris

Ultimate Game Card

Heya folks,

I pretty much stopped playing a few years back with the arrival of a two little winged monkeys, but I still love what EL used to be. Sadly my guildies and buddies seem to have run off to other horizons as well.

I do drop in on occasion for a few hours or days but EL seems to be dying the death of a thousand cuts ... or fade-aways anyway.

One issue I always found was the archaic payment system. Lots of folks would like to contribute/buy ingredients or uber gear. Sadly they have parents who don't believe in paying for online content. Some of us are married and weird charges on our credit cards to Paypal or personal cheques will be ... a problem with our spouses. The cash in the mail idea is cute but in the current economy ... postal orchan have sticky fingers.

A lot of other games use the "Ultimate Game Card" thingie which you can buy with CASH in Canada and US ...

The company probably takes a healthy bite along with the retailer ... but getting 50% of the take is better than 0% of nothing.

Just a thought.

Ikaris

Buy a prepaid Visa card. They sell them in most grocery stores.

You can spend your money, and Eternal Lands gets 100% of what you spend. win-win situation.

Edited by PrawnSkunk

how about having the cards available to buy on the shop :P sounds like a usless idea however, it is the idea that it is not for the person buying it, but to give to or sell to others.

It can help also promote Eternal lands, if I recieved a card worth rl money I would play just to sped the card, and if I enjoy it I will keep playing.

Some of us are married and weird charges on our credit cards to Paypal or personal cheques will be ... a problem with our spouses.

I think that if you're married and have to hide the fact that you spend money on a hobby you enjoy then you have bigger problems I'm afraid. :(

Some of us are married and weird charges on our credit cards to Paypal or personal cheques will be ... a problem with our spouses.

I think that if you're married and have to hide the fact that you spend money on a hobby you enjoy then you have bigger problems I'm afraid. :(

Agreed!