Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

Changes to the manufacturing recipe window

I'm made some changes to Fedora's recipe window feature. Some of these changes have been in the dev client for a while, others for a week or so. The new features will be in the upcoming release but there is stil time for feedback and changes if necessary.

1. Hopefully, accidently overwriting existing recipes will nolonger be an problem. Now, the current mix items do not use a visiable recipe line even though it is saved. The only way to save a new recipe is to use the "+" button.
  2. When the recipe window is open, scrolling up and down the list and single-clicking on recipes does not change the current mix items
  3. Only a double click in a recipe row will load it into the mix slots. However, scrolling the mouse wheel over empty mix slots still causes the mix row to change.
  4. Recipe lines can now have a name. When you mix an item, if there is a stored recipe that matches the items, the name of that item is stored with the recipe. When the recipe window is displayed, the current recipe name is always shown. Other names are shown if you hover the mouse over the recipe row.
  5. You can now configure the number of recipe rows using an setting in the "Hud" tab of the options. From 4 to 100 recipes can be stored.
  6. The recipe window is now resizable and scrollable.
  7. You can search for named recipies by howering the mouse of the window and typing. Enter advances to the next matching.

There are a few minor tweaks left to do but those are the major changes.

I'm made some changes to Fedora's recipe window feature. Some of these changes have been in the dev client for a while, others for a week or so. The new features will be in the upcoming release but there is stil time for feedback and changes if necessary.

1. Hopefully, accidently overwriting existing recipes will nolonger be an problem. Now, the current mix items do not use a visiable recipe line even though it is saved. The only way to save a new recipe is to use the "+" button.
  2. When the recipe window is open, scrolling up and down the list and single-clicking on recipes does not change the current mix items
  3. Only a double click in a recipe row will load it into the mix slots. However, scrolling the mouse wheel over empty mix slots still causes the mix row to change.
  4. Recipe lines can now have a name. When you mix an item, if there is a stored recipe that matches the items, the name of that item is stored with the recipe. When the recipe window is displayed, the current recipe name is always shown. Other names are shown if you hover the mouse over the recipe row.
  5. You can now configure the number of recipe rows using an setting in the "Hud" tab of the options. From 4 to 100 recipes can be stored.
  6. The recipe window is now resizable and scrollable.
  7. You can search for named recipies by howering the mouse of the window and typing. Enter advances to the next matching.

There are a few minor tweaks left to do but those are the major changes.

One of the best features in the game, and now looks even better.

Looking forward to test it!

Great job!!

Looks promising :)

A small suggestion. Eventually with up to 100 stored recipies it will become hard to find the right one, so it would be great with an toggle to sort or preferably only show those lines that you have ings for in inv atm.

At the moment if I go and make base rings, I switch between making bars and rings.

Would be nice to only have those two to choose from at that moment.

Until 'Magical Interference' is eliminated the tool will be intrinsically flawed unfortunately. If you are going to increase number of recipes than I'd suggest categories be created (Alchemy, potion, etc) _UNLESS_ this would result in MORE .'Magical Interference'.

Until 'Magical Interference' is eliminated the tool will be intrinsically flawed unfortunately. If you are going to increase number of recipes than I'd suggest categories be created (Alchemy, potion, etc) _UNLESS_ this would result in MORE .'Magical Interference'.

I think you are talking about item list , i have only noticed that there .. Bluap's changes are for manufacture window recipes ...

Until Magical Interference is eliminated the tool will be intrinsically flawed unfortunately.

Intrinsically flawed is a rather large exageration for something that has only a 1 in 64 chance of happening per fetch from your inventory. And, yes, as pointed out that's the item lists.

A small suggestion. Eventually with up to 100 stored recipies it will become hard to find the right one, so it would be great with an toggle to sort or preferably only show those lines that you have ings for in inv atm.

I'm hoping the "find" function helps with that. I have sort and other options on my to-do list but had not considered showing only the recipes you can currently make. Good idea.

A simple naming convention can help with sorting:

pot of feasting

pot SR

eng small mine

alch steel bar

Now when sorted alphabetically all items from the same skill will be together.

Magical interference is a feature (on purpose) not a bug, just like "you stopped harvesting".

Until Magical Interference is eliminated the tool will be intrinsically flawed unfortunately.

Intrinsically flawed is a rather large exageration for something that has only a 1 in 64 chance of happening per fetch from your inventory. And, yes, as pointed out that's the item lists.

And when it happens it sometimes moves manufacturing window selection when you reopen so it is related.

And intrinsically is correct word for definition meaning 'belonging to a thing by its very nature (i.e. built-in)'.

Hi Bluap,

another change if possible: When i resize the recipe Window, close the Game and reopen, the size is again the standard.

Would be possible to save the size i have given to it?

Tyvm and Gratz again for the nice feature

AitorTillas

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post in, if not sorry and please move this to correct thread.

With the latest version, the recipe search has become extremely annoying. Any time you try to type a normal message, the drop down recipe opens. This never happened before the latest version. Is there any way the recipe search could be tied to a specific key (eg, ^ or &)?

It only starts search if you have your mouse over the manu window. What you find extremely annoying others might think is great! In any case, you can disable key presses in the window by right clicking the title bar and selecting the disable option.

In any case, you can disable key presses in the window by right clicking the title bar and selecting the disable option.

Oh this works great! Thanks!!!