Eternal Lands Official Forums
sMooMs

Eternal Guild Challenge

At first I want to say that this isnt a instance/invance rip-off. I came up with this idea because of an other game.

Guilds in this game do not have real purpose so far, this suggestion will make it more intersting.

I can just make a topic talking about it in 5000 words and then you would all think what the **** is he on about.

So I put it all in pictures with a little explenation next to it :)

Here it is:

http://i41.tinypic.com/rh1op1.jpg

Ofcourse it doesnt all have to be like this, this is just the main idea. You could always work around it and change some things/numbers.

I like your idea. It gives guild some purpose in this game (other than a gethering of people sharing play-style, things they are interested in, and the like).

I'm not sure if it is possible to check number of rangers/melee fighters, yet, I don't think it's crucial.

nice idea to give guilds something to do together. i like how you want to include new lvl players by adding weak mobs in as well. it might be worth it to think about making it so the high lvl fighters can't even attack the lower lvl mobs so that you pretty much have to bring in new players as well as pro players.

nice idea to give guilds something to do together. i like how you want to include new lvl players by adding weak mobs in as well. it might be worth it to think about making it so the high lvl fighters can't even attack the lower lvl mobs so that you pretty much have to bring in new players as well as pro players.

I like the idea, but in reference to the Nova. Not all guilds have active "weak" players.

all the more reason to make a nice well rounded guild who is always recruiting and helping new players. :)

"Nice" according to your point of view, right? I wonder where do you want to get new players from. There's just limited amount of them coming to the game each day. Your add-on to the original idea would just end with people creating alts for the sake of taking part in the guild instance. Awesome.

Personally, I hate the idea of forcing this or that game style on anybody or a guild. If you want to have "nice well rounded guild" make it for yourself and enjoy it.

it'd still be nice to see you really NEED a newer player for something in the game tho. so much of the 'good stuff' happens at the top levels. wonder how many new players we'd see a day if things like that were addressed.

it'd still be nice to see you really NEED a newer player for something in the game tho. so much of the 'good stuff' happens at the top levels. wonder how many new players we'd see a day if things like that were addressed.

Here I agree with you. That would be nice. The easiest solution would probably be setting some a/d or CL caps like in regular instances.

Another issue is controlling people jumping between guilds for the sake or joining guild instances.

I really like this idea!

This would give guilds another way to have fun with each other and add some spice to the whole guild thing for those that aint in one yet.

The limit needed to enter it should be the same as it is to enter a guild but I don't think there should be a restriction set that you Have to have someone low leveled with you in there, not all guilds are interested in inviting "newbies" and the easiest way to go around that would be to just make an alt and let it enter the guild as soon as it has the levels to do so.

As for the reward for compleating it - IMO that depends on what it costs to enter it.

If you have to pay loads to enter it there should be an award for clearing it.

If it was free to enter there shouldn't be a high reward if any for clearing it.

Perhaps make it cheap with a small reward and a rankinglist to it where you can see wich guild did it fastest and so on?

I like this alot and would do it for fun any time.

Another issue is controlling people jumping between guilds for the sake or joining guild instances.

Maybe a cool down period so you can't do another for ## game hours/days. like regular instances now.

Maybe a cool down period so you can't do another for ## game hours/days. like regular instances now.

That would work, but I would want to see one more addition, i.e. once you enter the instance with one guild you won't be able to enter it with another for 1 in-game month.

First of all I want to say it's a fantastic presentation and you know your fellow playerbase! ;)

Good idea. I like the idea that lower levels (weaker characters) would be needed because this should include more people ingame, not just the "strongest" guilds or the pr0est players. Otherwise you end up with the same pk mess: one or two "top" guilds all the pr0 players join and nobody else stands a chance. Very quickly this would become boring. Also I think this would prevent a lot of that potential guild hopping.

I know my guild has quite a range of leveled people in it so this would be a fun way to get everybody able to do something together since we all can't do invances or instances together.

How to prevent the alts...meh. Alts are the bane of a lot of things around here.

Cool down suggestions good too.

Good idea. I like the idea that lower levels (weaker characters) would be needed because this should include more people ingame, not just the "strongest" guilds or the pr0est players.

How so? In my eyes its just 5 strongest people in the guild doing this challenge over and over and low level people will have no place in this because high levels kill everything way faster and finish the challenge in time. Unless you will make monsters very weak or time very long, in which case it will be very boring.

Anyway there are a few outcomes i see:

a. Reward/drop is good - players would leave guilds to form their own 5-people guilds to do the challenge and get the reward. which would make this just another instance with extra 'buff' for a week.

b. Reward/drop is poor - People would join strong guilds for the free buff, no one would join new or smaller guilds, that would make them do the challenge or couldn't do it at all.

c. Reward/drop is poor and monsters are very weak - Would be ubber boring and strong people of a guild would be forced to do this weekly for the sake of guild's buff. Which is bad.

Edited by Helklo

Good idea. I like the idea that lower levels (weaker characters) would be needed because this should include more people ingame, not just the "strongest" guilds or the pr0est players.

How so? In my eyes its just 5 strongest people in the guild doing this challenge over and over and low level people will have no place in this because high levels kill everything way faster and finish the challenge in time. Unless you will make monsters very weak or time very long, in which case it will be very boring.

Anyway there are a few outcomes i see:

a. Reward/drop is good - players would leave guilds to form their own 5-people guilds to do the challenge and get the reward. which would make this just another instance with extra 'buff' for a week.

b. Reward/drop is poor - People would join strong guilds for the free buff, no one would join new or smaller guilds, that would make them do the challenge or couldn't do it at all.

c. Reward/drop is poor and monsters are very weak - Would be ubber boring and strong people of a guild would be forced to do this weekly for the sake of guild's buff. Which is bad.

Did you read the other people's posts?

I like your idea - Sounds Great! :)

Ofcause, almost every suggestion has ways on which to be improved on but overall, i echo every comment on this page.

For example, yes - it does give guilds more of a purpose and yes - it does give guilds something to have a go at. :)

Did you read the other people's posts?

Indeed I did, but since you failed to quote anything or mention someone's nick I made an assumption you are replying to the original post.

My second part of the post is still legit tho.

Wonderful idea! :)

What I like the most is the idea of having an event with people of different levels.

If I can propose something to force/encourage the diversity of levels, I would say the following:

- there should be different kinds of creature that would attack or ignore (or even flee) you according to your level

- if you attack a creature that is too weak for you (that doesn't attack you), you have a chance (like 50%) that it duplicates itself

Thus, only the good players with the good level will be the most efficient. And the strong players will have to protect the weaker players from the stronger mobs... ;)

Love it always looking to support features that boost up the community in guilds. Some of my thoughts:

1. Perhaps have it divided up into 3 stages or so first stage for >50, second 50-100, third 100+ then guild has members in each of those areas complete their part and then the total time of all three stages are added for total guild time. Each stage could have monsters tailored to it so everyone has fun and still has a chance at beating some kind of boss monster. This way members of different lvls can also get together and do their stage and not have to wait on higher or lower lvl players to log on. dunno if it's perfect but then you have participation on different lvls.

2. Death/member log out penalty? If a member dies then time is added to the overall counter for the guild. Like instance perhaps if they have rosto they re-spawn at the beginning but time penalty still applies. Log out penalty would be for those that log out of battle and don't log back in for 2+ min or that are not logged in when guild raid party beats boss?

3. No special drops....just my opinion lol

anyways hope it gets considered in any kind of form lol

Love it always looking to support features that boost up the community in guilds. Some of my thoughts:

1. Perhaps have it divided up into 3 stages or so first stage for >50, second 50-100, third 100+ then guild has members in each of those areas complete their part and then the total time of all three stages are added for total guild time. Each stage could have monsters tailored to it so everyone has fun and still has a chance at beating some kind of boss monster. This way members of different lvls can also get together and do their stage and not have to wait on higher or lower lvl players to log on. dunno if it's perfect but then you have participation on different lvls.

Or perhaps add an A/D cap in the area you are in so everyone that enters will have the "same" A/D if they aint below the cap ofc.

2. Death/member log out penalty? If a member dies then time is added to the overall counter for the guild. Like instance perhaps if they have rosto they re-spawn at the beginning but time penalty still applies. Log out penalty would be for those that log out of battle and don't log back in for 2+ min or that are not logged in when guild raid party beats boss?

This would be a bad idea, there are people out there that have unstable conection and might grue alot and might not be able to come back and play on in time, why would a penalty be needed anyways?

If it comes with a scoretable withdraw points for deaths would be enough, perhaps even have a "finish it withing x/xx minutes" bonus or something similar.

3. No special drops....just my opinion lol

anyways hope it gets considered in any kind of form lol

Agreed.

Although. If there is a special item you have to give an NPC to enter the area with perhaps that could be a "special" drop but other then that there is no need for it.

Wonderful idea! :)

What I like the most is the idea of having an event with people of different levels.

If I can propose something to force/encourage the diversity of levels, I would say the following:

- there should be different kinds of creature that would attack or ignore (or even flee) you according to your level

- if you attack a creature that is too weak for you (that doesn't attack you), you have a chance (like 50%) that it duplicates itself

Thus, only the good players with the good level will be the most efficient. And the strong players will have to protect the weaker players from the stronger mobs... ;)

I like your idea, but what about people who just kill the weaker monsters with ranging or magic?

I like your idea, but what about people who just kill the weaker monsters with ranging or magic?

Yes, good point.

A first solution could be to give to weaker monsters more health than usual. Thus, if you range them or cast spells on them, you'll not be able to kill them in one shot and they'll finish by attacking you. Or you can attack them at the good distance to avoid them to attack you but you'll lose time so it's better to have a team mate with the good level to melee/tank them... ;)

A second solution could be to give them defense points and magic immunity but I find the first one more sexy because it doesn't limit the gameplay.

I like this idea a great deal.

What if the event auto-allocates A/D caps and every player ABOVE that A/D cap is prevented from attacking, casting hostile spells or ranging? Will this be possible to encode, and are any undesirable side effects of such a provision?

Just a random thought. Instead of forcing guilds to drag newcomers into this istance give points for each kill. Number of points would be calculated based on monster/player CL and time of completing the instance. Not sure if kills with magic can be calculated in a similar way, but I think it should be doable. This modification would encourage people to take balanced teams built with pr0s (to shorten the time in the instance) and fairly newcomers (to get more points).