Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
starscreamer

'X' of teh summoner

i had an idea for a new special armour, but not sure if or where it would fit, as most of the higher lvl junk already has a rare attached to it, maybe a new medallion.

it would work the same way as a many of the special weapons/armours, but would have a small chance to summon a random creature, obviously a higher chance to summon the smaller weaker creatures ie, rabbits to bigger game as in dragons and the like. so instead of 'starscreamer got healed a little buy his/her amour' it would be 'starscreamer summoned a (insert creature here) with a little help of his or her armour.

any thoughts?

Not a bad idea if restricted from silliness (only up to chims or so). Not sure how useful it would be though, and therefore how used.

Edited by Zaer

I petition for an armour that has a small chance to shoot PK arrows at every nearby unfriendly entity without the minimum range restriction. Obviously, low AP shots should have a higher chance of occuring. And another that randomly removes sustained spell effects...

No? Thought as much.

I petition for an armour that has a small chance to shoot PK arrows at every nearby unfriendly entity without the minimum range restriction. Obviously, low AP shots should have a higher chance of occuring. And another that randomly removes sustained spell effects...

No? Thought as much.

We've already got a weapon that removes 150 mana in 1 hit. While the idea posted is ridiculous, it's not like the current situation with uber weapons/armors is much better :(

On the second thought, I love this idea. This surely would revive PKing. All these bunnies, dragons and chimerans happily hopping around. I would love to quote every single anime with schoolgirls - "KYAH!~KAWAI!!!"

Edited by Vanyel

Heh just imagine how it would look like in an invasion or invance ... C*R*A*Z*Y :)

i and many other people are currently already using summoning stones, in both invasions and invances. i dont see how this item would be any different.

I petition for an armour that has a small chance to shoot PK arrows at every nearby unfriendly entity without the minimum range restriction. Obviously, low AP shots should have a higher chance of occuring. And another that randomly removes sustained spell effects...No? Thought as much.
We've already got a weapon that removes 150 mana in 1 hit. While the idea posted is ridiculous, it's not like the current situation with uber weapons/armors is much better :(

ridiculous?

i have taken the liberty an checked back through this forum for other amazing ideas that were quickly shotdown and or labeled 'ridiculous' http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25288

the result from this particular amazing idea was the RDHoLaM, which is very popular for both harvesters and PKers, some players never taking them off! check back for yourself, there are many more examples too numerous to mention here.

also most if indeed all are very expensive items that only high level or extremly lucky players will own, it is not as if alot of players are walking around in greaves of uber def brandishing a cutlass of the mage!

starscreamer summoned a black dragon with a little help of his or her armour? Good joke.

ok, if you read the encyclopedia, very carefuly you will notice that the black dragon isn't actualy on the list of summonable mobs :o ... jokes on you!

so with a little re-think the 'item' would cast random summon stones from the list below at a rate of 2% of every hit taken (to be tweaked), along the same frequency as a scythe cuasing 150 damage, which isn't that often

bear-21%

orc%16%

spider-14%

WT-13%

PW-11%

fluff-9%

ssless-7%

yeti-5%

acw-3%

giant-1% (please note all these frequencies are just a suggestion)

with an 'item' casting random summoning stones, whilst locked in a fight, it would be a very usefull item indeed, more than likely to become a must have for any player.

Heh just imagine how it would look like in an invasion or invance ... C*R*A*Z*Y :)

i and many other people are currently already using summoning stones, in both invasions and invances. i dont see how this item would be any different.

Well you wrote

it would work the same way as a many of the special weapons/armours, but would have a small chance to summon a random creature

Now, if you go into instances/invances you probably see the orange spam from magic armors/weapons ... do you STILL think it would not be different from using stones ?

it would work the same way as a many of the special weapons/armours, but would have a small chance to summon a random creature, obviously a higher chance to summon the smaller weaker creatures ie, rabbits to bigger game as in dragons and the like. so instead of 'starscreamer got healed a little buy his/her amour' it would be 'starscreamer summoned a (insert creature here) with a little help of his or her armour.

starscreamer summoned a black dragon with a little help of his or her armour? Good joke.

ok, if you read the encyclopedia, very carefuly you will notice that the black dragon isn't actualy on the list of summonable mobs :o ... jokes on you!

Should've read your own suggestion before pressing "Post", shouldn't you? Seriously, it doesn't matter whether it is dragons or giants or even rabbits. You probably missed the orange spam during invasions "XY has been healed with a little help of his/her armour". Even if it is just 2%, with 8 monsters attacking and hitting a wearer of such armour, the poor bloke dies due to self-made lag. I kinda like this twist.