Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Schmurk

100-120 invance

Hello everybody!

I'm making this post in order to try to understand why so less people participate to the 100-120 invance.

Yesterday we started it with only 10-12 people (don't know exactly) and we finished it with only 7. So of course, we ran out of time and there were still 37 mobs left at the end. We almost did it though...

So why are we so few people to participate? Are we so few in the range? I don't think so...

I asked mercator the list of the online people in the range with the "/mercator instance 100-120" command and he returned me a list of ~30 players!

So if you don't come in the invance for any reason, please tell us. I think I'm not the only one that want to know those reasons...

Thanks in advance!

Schmurk

HI Schmurk,

i come ALLWAYS that i see an invance. The problem is that we have on of this range every a lot of days, i supouse because we are not organized as a Team.

Yesterday i was AFK with my gf home, and the day b4 i was in instance when the message came.

Ill try to go the next times

Cya

AitorTillas

Hello Schmurk,

oh yeah that is good question... :wub:

From my side, I would love to run to any 100-120 invance available but I am very limited of RL and can play without interruption only between 8-11pm European time. As last two invances were starting before midnight, well, cannot serve here...

I don't think it's few people in range, seems it's few people interested in range. The 100+ invance has somekind of bad reputation I think. Too hard (naspas, giants, cockas), too long, often not successfull everytime? But the answer is bringing us to beginning: few people. Lowers in range are too afraid of to go and not die and they can not hurt the monsters much, the uppers I really no idea why: all cannot be busy in instances? Maybe also many people miss strategic experience which are required for this invance because it's one of the hardest...

There were times when we were there 7 from the beginning lol (of course we were not able to finished it but was fun anyway!), but at least the invance was run quite often. Now (excluding last two evenings) there is one in 2-3 weeks and I always see quite a lot of people there happy there is one at last... :medieval:

At least speaking for Europeans, we were trying to get a team quite often but our invance was often pushed to the end because it was in queue with others. That could discouraged many, many leveled out for 120+ which almost every day and many could not care about them anymore... and find something better than constantly waiting if there would be one. No idea what's with others, I heard several times that when it was starting around midnight or 1-2 hours later, there were like 4 people there... and then amount of 100+ invances dropped radically. Not wondering radu was not even bothering to run them at all.

So you named it perfectly: not enough people problem. Our only solution is find a nice group with 10-15 people, keen to be on the invance channel and ask on @6 for one when radu online. I saw it many times, MANY people come to channel only after invance message or are not on channel at all... When we have enough active people, radu will run it anytime.

Thanks for posting! :icon13: Let's hope others will notice the topic as well and it will bring us into discussion...

I "just " came in the range for the 100-120 and not really sure if I would be a big help in there but I will try it out and see what happens when I have a chance to do it properly, will try fighting the mobs but think I will be a better help as a ranger but thats something I will see when i get a chance to try it out.

Done a few 80-100 invances and had alot of fun so don't want to stop doing them so you will see me in there when ever RL allows me to :)

In my case, there are several reasons:-

I am too close to the a/d boundary.

Real life is seriously limiting the amount of time I can spend playing. Not that I mind, as it's due to good things like family and work :)

I am broke and lack the motivation to make 1k steel bars just to buy 1 stupidly expensive rosto. I suspect this might be the main reason!

At least speaking for Europeans, we were trying to get a team quite often but our invance was often pushed to the end because it was in queue with others. That could discouraged many, many leveled out for 120+ which almost every day and many could not care about them anymore... and find something better than constantly waiting if there would be one. No idea what's with others, I heard several times that when it was starting around midnight or 1-2 hours later, there were like 4 people there... and then amount of 100+ invances dropped radically. Not wondering radu was not even bothering to run them at all.
I have seen a few invances for every range except mine, which I blamed on my timezone. I think the best way to deal with this would be for those of us in this range to plan ahead and and then put in a request.

EP

@AitorTillas, Vidriel & EaglePrince:

Of course, RL is more important than EL, it's obvious. :)

My question is more directed towards people that are available, could participate but don't.

@Entris:

I understand your feeling if you are on the lower part of the range because I had the same feeling for some time. But I strongly think that everybody can help whatever their level is. It's a team job after all so the more we are, the easier it is.

So I'll bery very glad to see you during the next invance. ;)

The most difficult mobs of the invance are giants and naspas. For giants, as far as there are rangers, we can defeat them quite fast. About naspas, it's only a matter of gear to kill them as fast as possible because unless you're a good tank you take a lot of damage whatever your level is.

And for all the other mobs, they are not really hard as long as you don't take them alone...

And last but not least, if the invance could start 1 or 2 hours earlier, it would be great for sure! :happy:

i am from europe time zone too...

it was simply too late for me.

i wonder why can't invances be run same time, the server should be able

to handle 3 maps and for its allways same mobs, it just need a mod or radu

to start it, rest is automatic iirc...

Edited by wuffzel

The most dangerous for newcommers in 100-120 invance is they are lowest defence and if geared with CoL and common armor (like titanium or steel), they can be monster's target almost all the time.

I am going in invances since they were introduced and I was only 104/103 that time. Tried it several times and love them, so I kept going no matter my level and gear... Worth to go for everyone who likes events like instances and invasions and like challenges :medieval:

Few tips:

- stay near gate, at least till there are monsters number under 300-350

- it's starting with slessars and mountain chims right at front of the gate, with yetis on the right side and more chimmerans (mountain and forest) with hawks on the left

- soon mixed all together with phantoms and tigers, after 5-7 minutes expect first giant AND naspas

- try fight cockatrice, mountain chim and yeti with larger group to see if you are able to hit them well, at least as another person reducing their defense counts as well

- try fight always within a group, when you are too scared to join the mess, try at least catch anything around what can jump on archers or tanks and kill it, especially phantoms and hawks and white tigers

- avoid giants, help with ranging if you are safe with no monsters around or from the wall

- if you are weakest and monsters switching on you, try how it will be with rdholam or better armor if you have it - if it's still bad... well that is bad, try join larger groups for fight where monsters go down fast, to be able stand it till it's dead

- for naspas, you probably know them well from instances: do you have SoP? at 100's you can tank them already well (if it's alone of course), I helped a lot in my beginning with jumping on naspa geared for defense and let others to kill it ... if you are sure you won't be tanking, get radio weapon or scythe and attack fast! don't forget watch for mirrors

- diss/tele anytime when in great danger, you can always come back to the map

I would gladly participate, but i only play during European evenings. And i haven't seen one happening at that hours since a looooong time.

It's true that they aren't easy, but as you get an enourmous amount of exp if you finish it, this is justified on my opinion.

The most dangerous for newcommers in 100-120 invance is they are lowest defence and if geared with CoL and common armor (like titanium or steel), they can be monster's target almost all the time.

I am going in invances since they were introduced and I was only 104/103 that time. Tried it several times and love them, so I kept going no matter my level and gear... Worth to go for everyone who likes events like instances and invasions and like challenges :medieval:

Few tips:

- stay near gate, at least till there are monsters number under 300-350

- it's starting with slessars and mountain chims right at front of the gate, with yetis on the right side and more chimmerans (mountain and forest) with hawks on the left

- soon mixed all together with phantoms and tigers, after 5-7 minutes expect first giant AND naspas

- try fight cockatrice, mountain chim and yeti with larger group to see if you are able to hit them well, at least as another person reducing their defense counts as well

- try fight always within a group, when you are too scared to join the mess, try at least catch anything around what can jump on archers or tanks and kill it, especially phantoms and hawks and white tigers

- avoid giants, help with ranging if you are safe with no monsters around or from the wall

- if you are weakest and monsters switching on you, try how it will be with rdholam or better armor if you have it - if it's still bad... well that is bad, try join larger groups for fight where monsters go down fast, to be able stand it till it's dead

- for naspas, you probably know them well from instances: do you have SoP? at 100's you can tank them already well (if it's alone of course), I helped a lot in my beginning with jumping on naspa geared for defense and let others to kill it ... if you are sure you won't be tanking, get radio weapon or scythe and attack fast! don't forget watch for mirrors

- diss/tele anytime when in great danger, you can always come back to the map

Nice introduction Vidriel!

I think the biggest problem here is that we never organized as a Team. The few times someone tryied to make a team, happend some kind of problem at the end (Radu was not on, we didnt get a team big enought, Invance was in queue and happend to late, .....)

I think is kind of a task for ourselfs. I will start more now ofter to try to find a team. As soon as i get 12 in the channel, will pm radu with the hope 2 or 3 more join the channel when seeing the blue message.

I would suggest to everyone that also has interest in the invances to do the same, and this way we can manage to get trust in all other players in the range, and maybe we mange to get them ofter.

When invances started, i was allready in the 100-120 range, and was the small Fish. Is not easy at start, but it goes easyer with the time. As vidriel sayed, follow groups, make teams, and if you see that u get all mobs on you, take a bow and RANGE!. It helps a lot

Just for the point.... wanna do one this evening (europe Time)? As soon as i get home from work ill start trying to get a team togheter.

Enjoy and see you soon

AitorTillas

Edited by AitorTillas

There are a couple of reasons that might be concidered.

First off - people do not keep the channel open.They have other channels that are priority to them, so they join the channel only after the announcment.

Then, the difficulty - ofcourse the invance is do-able, but some think 'Hey, there are giants and naspas in there! I think I'll skip this one...' and such.

Timing - yeah, I'm European myself, but I tend to stay up just for the invance.That will soon change tho and then I'm afraid I won't be able to do these.

There are quite many of us in this range, so the numbers shouldn't be a problem. Somehow, they've turned to be the biggest problem! >.< I still think the reason of this is the timing or people's laziness.

Just the way I see it. ;)

I was in the invance last night, we were very close to finishing it but I think we lacked organization. Yes the 100-120 invance is hard for those levels. Ive done countless 80-100 invances and we were able to finish with 6-7 people with 50 minutes to spare, no problem. The thing is, in 80-100, the toughest mobs (yeti,mcw) can be soloed easily by anyone in the top of that range (95+) with decent attributes so its never been a problem. In 100-120, i doubt there's many people that can solo a giant without any difficulties. That being said, I think the 100-120 invance is doable with less than 10 people if we are organized.

Here's a plan I suggest based on the invance from last night:

1. Once the invance starts, everyone should stay around the gate, easy enough.

2. Once the influx of monsters slows down (70-80 minute range), a team of 3-4 people (2 strongest fighters, 1 mid level and 1 ranger) should go around the fort to clear the mobs there, everyone else stays at gate. The top ranger should stay on wall. Simant (pro ranger) was doing this last night and it worked out great.

3. Once the back of the fort is cleared, people should go exploring. Form 2 teams and go. The only people that should stay back would be the gate keeper, the pro ranger and one low level player. You might think this is not enough but trust me, if you have a good ranger, you can take on the mobs that come. Last night, I was gate keeper and Simant stayed and ranged. Every time a nasp/cocka/giant came by and attacked me, Simant would teleport inside the fort right behind the gate and range the mob, didnt take much to kill it, he would be done before i ran out of mana easily. The only problem was nasps which take a little to take down by ranging. Thats why the second low level player needs to stay back. Once the gatekeeper runs out of mana, he can diss and the other player engages while the ranger keeps taking the nasp down.

4. Main thing for the later part of the instance (<50 mins) is that once the gatekeeper calls for help, we should not have the whole team come back. Thats what happened last night. All the people were out, close to docks, the gatekeeper called for help and everyone walked back, killed the one mob and then had to walk all the way back to where they were before. Thats just wasting time. I suggest that once the gatekeeper calls for help, 2 players call in channel that they will come back and help, the rest stay and kill the mobs where they are.

Communication and organization is the key for this invance. Im convinced we could have finished it last night with the amount of people we had if we were more organized. Talk to eachother in chan and lets make sure we have a plan before the thing starts. If anyone has any other suggestions, lets add to this and come up with a 100-120 invance plan so we can finish this comfortably every time.

Sorry for the long post

Edited by FeaRM

One last thing. I think this will only be a temporary problem. There's a lot of people in the 80-100 invance and they are gaining levels way faster than the people in the 100-120 invance since their invance gets run every day. I do believer that soon enough, we will have a good influx of players in to 100-120 and make this invance run smoother and solve the lack of players problem. In the meantime though, we need to work with what we have and the more organized we get, the better off we'll be. Cheers

I will gladly join and stay with gatekeeper. :bow_arrow:

Except Monday, Wednesday and Friday (I have training in RL :evilgrin: ) I play from 18:00 till 23:00 GMT+1.

Today makes the 4th day in a row we've had this invance at about this same time each day. We've completed each successfully except the one yesterday and I believe it was only because we had so few numbers.

So my point is, I think we're making progress in this group (and ofc thanks to radu for his willingness to run them for us) keep 'em comin' !

:bow_arrow:

Does anyone realize that radu is in the US timezone and only does invances in the main US time?

Have you ever thought about the fact that you might have some european/asian/australian players here? lol

EDIT: This is one reason why 100-120 seems "so empty". I could continue with the fact that new players or people who just came back have no clue that they have to #jc 100120, etc, but I have to rush IRL right now :P

Edited by TheRealTempest

Does anyone realize that radu is in the US timezone and only does invances in the main US time?

Have you ever thought about the fact that you might have some european/asian/australian players here? lol

EDIT: This is one reason why 100-120 seems "so empty". I could continue with the fact that new players or people who just came back have no clue that they have to #jc 100120, etc, but I have to rush IRL right now :P

Its not just an invance problem, its a game problem that less people are playing in general. Maybe need to figure out what the real problems are. Indeed, despite the fact that radu tries his best to please the majority of the players sadly a lot of players in these time zones simply give up and also lose interest in the game. I know that automated invances have been talked about in the past and are not going to be considered. The other aspect is that not enough of us are on when on the RARE (lucky to see one in a month, more often every six weeks or so and wonders how many a/d levels I have lost) occassion we manage to catch one. After trying to participate in those with a small team, its not fun if you don't play often to lose 1-2 rosto's for which you sell off your sto off bit by bit to pay for, again with the result that you play less and less. I myself only log in lately to try catch an invance/invasion/instance (or to do dailies) and guess what, it doesnt happen very often. The result is I find myself logging in less and less as time goes on, mainly coming in to chat with friends. At least the 100-120 is run after the 120-200 so you stand a little more of a chance of catching an invance than the higher levels do. Some of the mid-high levels (not all) are tired of constant grinding, who need (and lack) some fun in this game. Good luck, hope it gets better for you and as someone else mentioned a lot of players are levelling up to the 100-120.

Edited by Starlite

Hello everybody!

I'm making this post in order to try to understand why so less people participate to the 100-120 invance.

Yesterday we started it with only 10-12 people (don't know exactly) and we finished it with only 7. So of course, we ran out of time and there were still 37 mobs left at the end. We almost did it though...

So why are we so few people to participate? Are we so few in the range? I don't think so...

I asked mercator the list of the online people in the range with the "/mercator instance 100-120" command and he returned me a list of ~30 players!

So if you don't come in the invance for any reason, please tell us. I think I'm not the only one that want to know those reasons...

Thanks in advance!

Who wants to help someone that wears a Brown tag,let along trust that someone to have your back and not stab it instead ? ...pffft. I'll keep Training and Questing before I'd trust my DB to 1/2 of the InVancers out there, It's a cut-throat world and good guys like me are sorely out number'd so I'll keep my Rostos and Train the Creatures and do the Quests and GrInD as usual,ty :) \O/

Schmurk