Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nova

explorer daily?

how about a daily on the same lines as the wormy trees in the former global quest? you would need to look for XX thing in/on XX item in XX map. like 'i'm looking for a certain kind of bug that lives under flower petals in Palon Vertas' or 'i'm looking for worms that can be found in the bark of certain trees in the willowvine forest. depending on what the npc asks for you could even make it specific to one skill so the XP payout makes 'sense'.

I like it :) some people don't seem to ever go to c2 and it would get them out and about!

nice idea ,

well other mmorpg / rpg giving xp for just exploring the map :fire:

so how about such a quest just giving OA xp ?

or even better, a quest that gives you a plus on attribute,

so if you fulfill 10 quests you get reasoning or instinct plus 1 ?

Edited by wuffzel

And if you finish 1000 quests you will get +100 to your reasoning? Wouldn't be wasted, considering your suggestion.

Get real.

@the original idea

I like it, would be a great addition to the gameplay.

A great suggestion indeed Nova, I support the idea and have something perhaps to add to it for the long run, to prevent it becoming a simple daily mapwalk from A to B ( etc ) once the coords and details have been discovered, to add a little, call it …spice.

Perhaps add the extra challenge to the daily of besides finding the locations to also “catch” a random x amount of the required species. Only a few, the same amount maximum as the locations needed to find, one day (for example) 8 locations to find, 3 bugs to catch, next time, same map, 5 locations to find, 5 bugs, etc)

These species can only be found while harvesting that specific plant/ore/tree that you found. Each location has only a limited amount of those species in an EL day available, you get a pop up message while harvesting when/if you find one. ( “you have found one of those critters, only X to go”) Or not… they could have been found already at that particular location for that day. ( EL time )

Just a thought :)

For the long run, it would be great to see it after a certain amount of completions, as an bronze/silver/gold award.

And if you finish 1000 quests you will get +100 to your reasoning? Wouldn't be wasted, considering your suggestion.

Get real.

@the original idea

I like it, would be a great addition to the gameplay.

ofc not...lol...attributes are maxed at 48 ;) well was just an extra idea...

nice idea ,

well other mmorpg / rpg giving xp for just exploring the map :fire:

so how about such a quest just giving OA xp ?

This def wont happen considering the cost of a PP is about 1 mill gc :doze:

Get real.

ofc not...lol...attributes are maxed at 48 ;) well was just an extra idea...

You missed my point. Don't worry, though, I'm not surprised.

Edited by Vanyel

The idea is nice, but I have to agree with Mistral, it would become too easy and boring later on.

Maybe making it a single quest with MANY tasks to "look at" things in different maps all over C1 and C2 (having 100-400 objectives?) would work? Could give +10 permanent HP or some Emu after finishing the whole quest, making it worth doing.

as for it becoming 'too easy' or 'free xp', well thats all in how the dev who tackles the idea handles it. if it is the exact same tree or clump of flowers for the daily in XX map, then yes. But if they get creative and make it so that each time it is a different tree or flower or whatever, then no.

i like the idea but after a while its gonna be fr33 exp

Like we don't have that already :P

This one could be made in alot of ways to make ppl put some effort into it.

Like Nova said - there can be a set amount of "trees that can be activated for the quest, say like 5 diffrent trees on each map, but of those 5 you will have to go to and click 3 of them.

Even if you know where all 5 is located you will never know for sure wich 3 it is you will have to go to so if you are unlucky you will have to go to all 5 if lucky just 3..

Edit: Hopefully made the post clearer..

Edited by Entris

Just make a "target" NPC that frequently "gets lost" (Ivan's twin brother?), i.e., moves around like Joker does, but only once per EL day. The quest-granting NPC picks a map at the beginning of the day that is next to the map on which the target NPC is located, and tells everyone who asks that the target NPC is located near that map. (By next to, I mean that map A is next to map B if you can get there with one normal map change (overland, ship, etc., not using rings, portals room, #beam me, etc.).) To avoid certain difficulties with different maps sharing insides, the target NPC will always be outside. You get the quest prize by talking to the target NPC.

For example, if the quest-granting NPC says the person is near Portland, the target NPC could be in Tahraji, DP, MM, WS, TG, or GP. That's a lot of exploring! (If that's too difficult, then the quest-granting NPC could just specify the map where the target NPC is located, instead of one next to it. If that's too easy, the quest-granting NPC could specify two or three maps, one of which contains the target NPC.)

I like this idea especially if the NPC is walking around the map not popping around like the Joker. One map would be too easy however in my opinion.

I like this idea especially if the NPC is walking around the map not popping around like the Joker. One map would be too easy however in my opinion.

don't forget this is a daily idea, not a one time quest idea. imo dailies shouldn't take too too much time. already the 'manu' daily can take you up to an hour or two depending on the state of items in your storage. to me, it's a bit much.

how about a daily on the same lines as the wormy trees in the former global quest? you would need to look for XX thing in/on XX item in XX map. like 'i'm looking for a certain kind of bug that lives under flower petals in Palon Vertas' or 'i'm looking for worms that can be found in the bark of certain trees in the willowvine forest. depending on what the npc asks for you could even make it specific to one skill so the XP payout makes 'sense'.

I can't see how this really differs that much from the haidir/xacelina theme, ie look for XX thing in XX map. The only real difference in this case seems to be that you don't even have to harv/kill or achieve anything much other than search/find. Exploring is an element in just about all quests, so there seems precious little reason to make it an end in itself, especially not on a daily basis. As such, it seems little more than another means by which players who prefer certain elements of the game can avoid grind and level quickly.

Surely it would be better to fill in some of the more obvious gaps in the daily quest regime, ie potioning, crafting, summoning, ranging, tailoring, magic etc ??? Could these not be structured so as they not only require/encourage/incentivise players to find things on maps, but in far more constructive and interesting ways ???

No offence, but this one seems on the level of a wandering daily dung quest

Edited by themuntdregger

I am just glad we are all different, with different opinions, views and different goals, prerogatives and play style in game, together we all make this virtual world happening and alive.

A daily quest suggestion purely based on exploring without the need to kill/produce is a nice addition to the already existing skill dailies, and I am sure that most of the skills, which are not yet covered, will/might be considered also.

As an explorer: The Global Quests are back on, perhaps it is an opportunity to experience first hand how exciting and fun an explorer daily could be when the chance arise. ;)

I can't see how this really differs that much from the haidir/xacelina theme, ie look for XX thing in XX map. The only real difference in this case seems to be that you don't even have to harv/kill or achieve anything much other than search/find. Exploring is an element in just about all quests, so there seems precious little reason to make it an end in itself, especially not on a daily basis. As such, it seems little more than another means by which players who prefer certain elements of the game can avoid grind and level quickly.

Surely it would be better to fill in some of the more obvious gaps in the daily quest regime, ie potioning, crafting, summoning, ranging, tailoring, magic etc ??? Could these not be structured so as they not only require/encourage/incentivise players to find things on maps, but in far more constructive and interesting ways ???

No offence, but this one seems on the level of a wandering daily dung quest

No offence, *direct insult* lol

That's funny because it would encourage exploring all corners of the chosen map, which is something you have windbagged about in other threads with a positive almost asskissy slant.

The difference between a daily like I suggested and haidair's daily is pretty obvious and the difference between xaquilina's daily is that no one is telling you exactly which clump of flowers to go to.

depending on what the npc asks for you could even make it specific to one skill so the XP payout makes 'sense'.

I see the old global has been reinstated. To do the exploring portion of that quest you need a night visor which limits the activity to players who have earned enough for one. The trees that hold the worms also seem not to be completely random so they were being found easily. Also, it is easy to miss being able to help out with the global daily, a personal explorer daily would give the benefit of being able to enjoy exploring for a reason on your own time.