Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bkc56

Invance ranging exp for rangers

This thread is so big, that I can’t leave it this way! :evilgrin:

1. Instance/Invance/Invasion are battles, in battle you fight, not train.

2. Profit from ranging while on invance, is another subject and off topic in this thread.

3. If you want to train, then go to arena.

4. Only other way to gain ranging exp (IMHO) are quests, the once we have and the once we hopefully will have (ranging daily).

Thank you. :bow_arrow:

PS. Vid :wub: <3

Edited by Devnul

1. Instance/Invance/Invasion are battles, in battle you fight, not train.

So you want to remove the a/d reward from Invances? I'm sure everyone will just love that idea. :rolleyes:

3. If you want to train, then go to arena.

As with the post above you, that totally misses the point of this thread.

But I guess if you want to remove the a/d bonus, then this comment does make sense. Keep a clear separation between battles and training.

But I guess if you want to remove the a/d bonus, then this comment does make sense. Keep a clear separation between battles and training.

I guess almost whole EL will hate me for what I am going to write. But this is just my personal opinion.

Yes, I think that reward for invance should be GC, not exp.

You all can kill me now. :lurker:

Yes, I think that reward for invance should be GC, not exp.

The rangers would probably like that because those arrows are expensive. But I suspect the community will still want the exp.

I still prefer ranging exp for those who range (the exact implementation open to debate).

I like the idea of exp bonus for ranging and it gave me the following idea:

Get 2 options at Ilie:

1. Send me to the invasion as a fighter

2. Send me to the invasion as a ranger

The only difference is the bonus collected at the end. If 1 is chosen, nothing changes. You can still fight and range and get the current reward.

If 2 is chosen, the bonus exp will be ranging exp although you can still fight.

I was thinking about a formula along these lines:

PK arrows/bolt shot and hit * (50%*AP + 50%*Range level)

This will give a level 30, 30 ap ranger this exp-bonus when he shoots 300 arrows in invance:

300 * (15 + 15 ) = 9.000

This will give a level 60, 30 ap ranger this exp-bonus when he shoots 300 arrows in invance:

300 * (30 + 15 ) = 13.500

This will give a level 60, 60 ap ranger this exp-bonus when he shoots 300 arrows in invance:

300 * (30 + 30 ) = 18.000

Besides pk-arrows, fire/ice/magic arrows/bolts could also be used.

The 50% factor is just to show the concept. I'll leave the correct number to the defs.

Although the bonus is calculated for the arrows shot, it doesn't prevent a ranger to join the fighting. Ofcourse there will be no a/d bonus then.

well , i am a pure ranger in invances ..

ok for me invances are mostly fun beside the harvest/mix 'work'

its great to see people to team up for same goal : to finish in time :)

so if there is no reward, why should we finish it in time then ? ;)

the idea to give the xp reward compared to the skill you use sounds nice at first view

but same as with haidir missions, its made that way you recive a/d xp.

and thats ok for me.

if you setup your toon as ranger, you need lots of time you can't use for a/d training,

so every extra a/d xp helps....

to give gc reward sounds nice too, but how ??

players are more sensible on gc then on xp i think...

so then the 'whining' would start about 'oh i did more damage i deserve more gc'

and about the mechanism, how to figure out ?

the fighters / rangers who fight lower mobs do more damage / kill more, would get more

on counter, but the fighters / rangers who take a risk on high mobs get less on counter...

and look at the instances, they are for gc only, and people now don't realy use them

as a challenge, they are farmed...

i compare invances to invasions, but with an extra at end :)

so just come, have fun and enjoy :bow_arrow:

edit : in the 100-120 invance i saw a lack on tactics, rangers should allways assist the melee fighters...

rangers in invance should take care of the high mobs and leave the small mobs to the lower a/d fighters...

as i say, take it as a challenge don't look at the reward at first place, its still a game :whistle:

Edited by wuffzel

Just an idea (I don't know if it is realistic or even easy to implement): why not make it so that the final experience bonus is distributed in a/d and ranging according to what the player gained during the invance?

For example:

• a pure fighter (only melee kills) would gain the same as now (a/d final bonus);
  • a pure ranger (only ranging kills) would get a ranging final bonus (and no a/d bonus);
  • a mixed warrior who did range and melee would get a final bonus in the same proportions. If total ranging and a/d experience that this warrior earned (by actually killing mobs) is 40% in ranging skill & 60% in fighting skills, then the final bonus could be 40% of the pure ranging bonus & 60% of the pure a/d bonus.

Disclaimer: I'm neither a high-level fighter nor a ranger, that's only an outside view on the "problem".

What about summoners? Magic Users?

I used to go in and poison every nasp I could find repeating it when they when they started taking less damage and I'd use 400-500 DE per load as well as AEs to drain mana from chims as well as eliminate PWs, WTs and hawks all which can mess up a fight when combined. On good days I could do 650 damage to nasps before rangers and fighters cleaned up on it. I stopped when team composition changed and my efforts were considered 'not participating' even though previous teammates were saying I did a lot of damage.

I have seen summoners summon creatures using a fair number of resources and get nothing from drops seeing players finish off creatures taking them.

Rangers are not the most slighted players in Invances.

What about summoners? Magic Users?

I used to go in and poison every nasp I could find repeating it when they when they started taking less damage and I'd use 400-500 DE per load as well as AEs to drain mana from chims as well as eliminate PWs, WTs and hawks all which can mess up a fight when combined. On good days I could do 650 damage to nasps before rangers and fighters cleaned up on it. I stopped when team composition changed and my efforts were considered 'not participating' even though previous teammates were saying I did a lot of damage.

I have seen summoners summon creatures using a fair number of resources and get nothing from drops seeing players finish off creatures taking them.

Rangers are not the most slighted players in Invances.

yep, you are right ...

i got some gc donations from players today, and i thank them so much :)

doesn't cover the things i brought in and i never expect it will...

mobs have normal drops so it depends on each player who collects them to share..

some lost a rosto...well.

but most go for the fun im shure and the extra a/d xp ofc

rangers allone couldn't win such and so pure summoners, fighters, magicans, its team work...

and thats why it should be on a/d xp reward at end...cause as saxum posted...

what about the other skills ???

only my thoughts :bow_arrow:

... why not make it so that the final experience bonus is distributed in a/d and ranging according to what the player gained during the invance?

Just as a side note:

As a ranger in invances you get very little xp (typically 3k for me on 300 arrows). For a/d this would take a few minutes fighting a mob in my range (FCs, but they are killed within a few minutes at the start, so actually there are no mobs in my range :P)

There are lots of people helping with different skills, all using resources.

The fighters get extra a/d xp from fighting.

The summoners get summoning xp (unless they use stones).

The mages get magic xp.

The rangers get range xp.

All get a/d xp at the end when successful, it is the teamwork award. For a low level fighter like me, the award is about 250k a + 250k d = 500k oa award. No way that I want to trade that for 15k range award (50 ran/60 ap) and any higher ranging award would be way overpowered.

So in my opinion rangers should NOT get range xp bonus at the end in invances, but a/d like it is now.

It would be nice if more expensive arrows would give more (and not less) xp than trainers. In other skills more expensive resources usually means more xp/item, so that seems reasonable to me. But this would mean a total overhaul of how range xp is determined, which is outside the scope of this thread.

Maxine made a nice summary, I agree with her.

Don't get me wrong but option to go like ranger (dialog option or 2 vs 3 amber thingy) is completely bad. Easy abusable as there is no such mechanism to check what are you doing inside... I will choose going there as ranger, doing my usual and farm (any) ranging reward several times per week/month. Awww, how sweet. Who would not vote for such suggestion!

#edit: sorry typos

Edited by Vidriel