Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanyel

Let's talk invasions

Today's topic. Capped invasion <51 a/d

My observation:

1. Nobody works in team, which makes it extremely difficult.

2. Low caps require single-combat maps.

3. In multicombats nothing stronger than female goblin and not in huge amounts, either.

4. Not enough people:(

Questions:

1. Should the minimum cap be around 60?

or

2. Keep it at 50, but move to a single combat map?

then

3. What creatures are toughest and still doable?

<sidenote>

I'm trying somehow new approach to invasions. I find it really tiresome to run a long invasion over several maps, each capped at different levels. Instead, I would rather run short, around hour-lasting invasions - more frequently, though (e.g. weekly).

My point is to block certain maps for as short as possible. Also, making it simpler to hold and control. This way both parties - invasion-freaks and non-combatants should be more less satisfied. A kind of trade-off.

If it works fine I will stick to it. If it doesn't - pity.

Edited by Vanyel

It was ok. Mobs were not to hard - I'd say even too easy. Only thing I was really impressed was total lack of teamwork. I was surrounded by 5 or 6 mobs few ppl around me and noone moved to help me - even after I asked them to attack. Ppl in this range can easily do male ogre (maybe even something higher) WHEN THEY WORK AS A TEAM so imho sending 3-4 male ogres and 1 cyclop at the end, one at the time, when there is no other stuff to interrupt fighting would be cool and could help low level players understand how tanking/team fighting works.

Hard for me to give adaquate input because I just reset but if its useful here goes.

38/44 a/d

20/16 p/c

Perkless

EDIT: (Also I had pretty bag gear on, I've only been able to get 1 human nexus so far)

I started off fine but died 1st time when i got ganged by a group of 8 female gobs. I didnt like that it was so far away and such a long run to get back to the invasion. 2nd time came in, saw some strong mobs so i summoned a white tiger hoping to clear them out...but not paying attention I got attacked by a bear and died.

The strongest i seemed to be able to fight and still do ok was vs black leapord 1v1 or 1v2(edit: also ferans were strong but doable). Even 8xgiant spiders on me was hard (came very close to dieing, my mana was low and sr on cooldown) but luckily my white tiger saved me and took enough of them off I could finally kill a few and save myself.

My main problems were my reset... having low p/c, also magic level comes to be a factor at low levels because it fails a lot so in an invasion type setting (even with brs and minor healing) you can die fast with 1 failed restore. Plus most of my previous invasions I was rich enough to afford CoL and as a low level you dont have a huge buffer of HP normally.

Sorry I cant give better input because of my reset. Also the people not wanting to participate and coming in naked to gather bags isnt my cup of tea but u cant stop them obviously. I like the multicombat but when it gets to 8v1 as a low level very hard to do. Perhaps a larger map so they are more spread out or just less spawns when it comes to the tough mobs.

Also I think the incentive was quite enough, I am a summoner so I got a bunch of summoning ingredients plus a few 100 gc. No rare drops of any kind except for 1 of my previous death bags and other random noobie armor.

Edited by Dung

Alt: Diana:

a/d 38/38

p/c 8/20

Went on a whim when I heard there were BEAVERS!

Noticed:

-Yes, no one worked in teams, everyone was scattered and it felt alot like people stood back and let others kill things. (I immedeatly attacked a feran and almost died. Several people jsut stood around and watched me almsot die (br's FTW!).

-The little critters were super fun. I loved fighting the brownies and white rabbits!

-Few people have good armor, alot of hp, or restore. So remote heal, heal and br's (which can be expensive if you don't have a friend) pretty much limit you.

-Multi is fun with little critters and ebil with big ones (wolves and foxes being big when 8 are attacking you at once.)

-No one has Gatherer's so there are alot of bags.

-Other people hang back and then come and pick up the bags, and also don't return death bags.

Recomendations:

-Well, a single map would help.

-Or, spawning less mobs at one time. Have more waves of fewer critters.

-Spawn the critters in different areas. Diana dove into the small spiders and was very excited nad happy as beavers and rats and racoons and foxes joined her. But then the wolves came and killed her (she couldn't keep up/do enough damage)

well, i wasn't there but here my thoughts :)

i think with around a/d 50 you just started to fight and get expierience on

when to heal, what does how much damage how to watch mana and so on...

teamwork in an invasion needs more expierience imo, so single maps would be best.

other point is, getting maximum drops or a chance to bagjump a dead player ...

its just teasing to wait till one dies and grab the stuff.

for teamwork no caps invasions would be best, so lower levels can go with higher ones and watch and maybe support, could be a nice guild project too :)

well, just my thoughts :)

edit :

upsy just found out there are more skills then just a/d for to survive ;)

a big question for me , summoning stones...

what if someone starts using them in a capped invasion, for which they could be usefull, does the cap count for summoned creatures too ??

Edited by wuffzel

Personally, I don't see any reason not to use summoning stones. Use anything you can staying within rules, i.e. a/d cap.

Thanks for all your thoughts, they sure will help with planning future events :)

It was soooooo awesome! Very much fun indeed! So diversified and entertaining!

Especially the single strong "battalion leaders" - I loved it!

A great many thanks for this wonderful evening!

Gwaew.

what can I say about todays invasion?

Well it was great ty :)

was a nice mix of random mobs, a few higher mobs which were removed via the use of team work.

All in was great, really enjoyed it, so thanks :)

Invasion in Kusamura Jungle, capped at (a+d)/2<80

I've decided to split monsters between 3 sub-areas of Kusamura. Keeping northern part fairly easy (50-60), eastern in 60s and western in late 70s. Another change I decided to try was giving a spawning alerts, i.e. a few seconds warning before a new wave coming in a certain place.

Did it help? Did not? What do you think? What to change/add?

Edited by Vanyel

Was fun and split was nice idea. But i came late, coz its Day of Sun Tzu and i get to much a/d exp and i'd like to stay some time in 60-80 range. Without Day of Sun Tzu i would have been there from beginning.

Was a lot of fun. Didn't realise the three parts of the map were of different levels though. Started off at the EVTR/KJ flag and headed east. I'm not sure how the other invasions ran but there was a lot of teamwork in this one. A few more (and I mean a few..) harder monsters would have been nice but imo it was still good.

Let's summarise.

My aim was to try a new way of running invasions. I spread it over a few days. Each day a different a/d range. All invasions has been previous announced and properly scheduled. Each lasted for more less 60 minutes and was cleared once the time passed.

Do you like this idea? Or not? Why?

Let's summarise.

My aim was to try a new way of running invasions. I spread it over a few days. Each day a different a/d range. All invasions has been previous announced and properly scheduled. Each lasted for more less 60 minutes and was cleared once the time passed.

Let's summarise.

very good idea :icon13:

Yes, I like it. Though I still need to find a rosto to be allowed by my guild to join ;)

1 hour is a good timeframe. It does not lock the map too long for people needing to do their thing on the map (haidir or harving etc). But it also seems to be a nice length for a battle: you can adjust your inventory on it (1 hours worth of HE's/LE's/etc and if you run out midway next time you can adjust the amount a bit).

I have been thinking about point 4 ('Not enough people :(') in your initial post:

You might get more people to join if you also refer to the next event in the current announcement. Something like "Tomorrow same time will be (a+d/2)<110". Or, if possible, a line with all the next events for every grouping ("next monday ((a+d)/2)<80 next wednesday ((a+d)/2)<110)"). That way people can plan ahead (time wise) for the event.

well, on invasions...

i realy loved the real long global no caps ones, with hidden mobs too,

was a lot of fun hunting and searching :bow_arrow:

well, for the one map invasions, we have allready ;)

they are called invances ;)

timed and with caps...just need to add real invasions mobs with invasions drops :)

well, we had real bad global invasions in the past, maybe just made to collect rostos

or feed special high end melees ??? don't know

but i realy would like to feel the special thrill a no capped global invasion has,

just to add action to game again :fire:

well only my thoughts :)

Personally I used to like the global invasions (several maps) no caps and no time limit. Although at that time I was a lot stronger back then. I liked this one because it gave a chance for me as a low level player to participate, because previously the chances to get some action in a global invasion was little to nil. I would say later on though if I were to get stronger I would again prefer the global invasions. I like the randomness, and as long as people report what they see in channel 6 then I know where I can properly fight.

My input would have to be, Keep these type invasions to give the noobs some action... but for the average invasion keep it global. Keeps you a lot more immersed, the thrill of the hunt is fun. I know teamwork is supposed to be big or whatever, but I like to challenge myself and see what I am capable of solo. Also being able to use certain maps to your advantage... say where u know you can pin a strong mob, and kill it solo (keep muling stuff from storage back to the monster) instead of... which i know is very convenient, to just sit on the wall and spam arrows(bethel), which is still nice if its william tell and u just wanna get ranging xp.

Today's topic. Capped invasion <51 a/d

My observation:

1. Nobody works in team, which makes it extremely difficult.

2. Low caps require single-combat maps.

3. In multicombats nothing stronger than female goblin and not in huge amounts, either.

4. Not enough people:(

Questions:

1. Should the minimum cap be around 60?

or

2. Keep it at 50, but move to a single combat map?

then

3. What creatures are toughest and still doable?

<sidenote>

I'm trying somehow new approach to invasions. I find it really tiresome to run a long invasion over several maps, each capped at different levels. Instead, I would rather run short, around hour-lasting invasions - more frequently, though (e.g. weekly).

My point is to block certain maps for as short as possible. Also, making it simpler to hold and control. This way both parties - invasion-freaks and non-combatants should be more less satisfied. A kind of trade-off.

If it works fine I will stick to it. If it doesn't - pity.

really good invasion well thought out nice work :icon13: