Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Malaki

Malaki banned

hi there me and my friend were banned tonight our char name are Malaki (mine) and shorticus (my friend steves char) we have 2 seperate pc's connected to the same wi-fi and probally showed logged as same IP but shorticus is not an alt of mine or have i ever logged into it myself though steve has logged in at my house several times on my IP. I know the rules say statitory 1 month ban but seeing as i didnt mutli with an alt i was hoping you could take a quick look at the situation:)

ty Malaki

Here an explination as far as i can remember which chars have been made/accessed from my PC since i have lived at this address/

Malaki - my character guy i log on every day

Shorticus - my friend Steve O's char

WarIsWar - my friend Steve C's char

scamandra - my sister char for this one she lives many miles away and as far as im aware the only time it was ever accessed at all was for about 2 days when she was visiting several months ago i have no idea if it has ever been logged in since.

As far as i know this is all the chars apart from 1 which name i dont even know when i convinced my friend Henry to sign up on his laptop last time he was round but i didnt even see his char name.

(my friend zack has also just informed me his char ziggymarlon has been using this IP too which i forgot)

I have never logged onto any of these characters my friends chars wariswar and shorticus log on occasionally from here. You can double check what im saying by checking shorticus's IP loggs you will see most of the time he tries to log is from a different IP address but he has connection issues possibly caused by his firewall at his school which is why until he can figure out what's wrong he has been logging in down here.

If i have missed anything please ask me i am happy to answer any questions but i hope this helps a little.

And one last thing i know it looks bad to have lots of people log in from the same IP and trade but please understand i have played EL for almost 10 years now and as far as i can remember apart from a warning for summoning in the wrong area one time i havent even been in trouble. All the chars i have listed and the ones of those which i have traded with atually joined from this IP as i try to convince all my friends to join up and try :) i want to play with all of them as i love EL so much i just hope this fact doesnt mean we cant play together anymore as we have never abused this. Any trades you may be wondering about please post which ones concern you and i will explain. Most of them were just me giving them gc for items to help them get started and then them returning me some things when they had them to repay me for helping the get started but as i say i know why it looks dodge so i know why you would think what you do but to the best of our knowledge seeing as we do not share chars i dont believe we have broken rule #5 about mutli we each just stick to our own.

Thanks Malaki

Edited by Malaki

also i have just made a char called Hoobastank its not an alt or anything i just wanted to be able to log in so i can try and contact someone to read this post. once this is resolved he will never be used again feel free to delete him or whatever you want

Your friends log on occasionally?

I see massive one sided trades frequently and a LOT of them, from the same location.

How about you send me a picture of all of you each on a computer at your house with EL up and running.

(And neat trick to have been playing for 10 years.)

Your friends log on occasionally?

I see massive one sided trades frequently and a LOT of them, from the same location.

How about you send me a picture of all of you each on a computer at your house with EL up and running.

(And neat trick to have been playing for 10 years.)

Ok i try to answer this but can you drop the suspicious tone i am happy to answer as i said previous i have nothing to hide.

1) i did say nearly 10 years its hard to track of time when that period is more than 1/3 of your life;) it may have been only 9 or sumthing but as far as remember i think when i joined was when you could only chat and not walk:)

2)Can you please define massive 1 side trades for me if i know which times you are on about i will tell you what was going on at the time, yesterday for example your probally see shorticus dropping mums and silver in bags as we were in RoT mixing he together but thats no different to what you would see if you look at my log side by side with the log of a guildie i was mixing with. And as i said for 1 sided trade i gave nearly all my friends char exc cape/books and armour and items when they joined and some trades are them giving me some items back once they had made gc as i stated in the last post. While you are looking at logs please donot start out by think about looking for signs of cheating try to see if it looks like 1 person helping their friends to start an awsome game so we can have fun together i think you must see alot of cheating but not everything is as it looks staright away:)

3) i do not have a phone or a webcam so for me to get a picture willbe hard but i will try and get someone with a phone to come round and take one (should i post it in this thread?) and what characters would need to be in it as my sister lives 100's of miles away and she doesnt use hers anymore anyway (as i said think it was used two days only)

4)i say they log on occasionally is just shows how much i love EL yes i guess they are on every other day or sometimes each day but i play ALOT of EL so to me it seems occasionally;) and yes we do trade alot between each other how else do noobs getting started :) now your just penalising me for being too nice and helping new people:)

I will post photo as soon as i know who you want in it but i only have 2 computers at my home could we just stand next to them on the login screen and take a photo of us 4 (wariswar, malaki, shorticus, ziggymarlon?)

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Malaki

I will post photo as soon as i know who you want in it but i only have 2 computers at my home could we just stand next to them on the login screen and take a photo of us 4 (wariswar, malaki, shorticus, ziggymarlon?)

That's fine, you can email me or forum pm it to me, or a link to wherever you upload it, however you prefer.

Ok i will try and get all 4 of us here tomorrow at some pont (ill get everyone to get a piece of paper with their char name on it), would do it tonight but im gunna go see electric 6 play in about 2 hours :D gunna be awsome:D

Malaki

Here your photos sorry its in 2 it hard to fit 2 pc's in my room + 4 people so we took one of us and one of the PC's they only bit i added was the names as on the paper we wrote you cant make it out well in the light:)

Hope mayb this clears things up:)

Thanks Malaki

P.S sorry its a link but i cant find the source url on facebook photos prob just me being tired but i think you should see both from this one link:)

P.S.S Electric six rocked:D

Okay.

Here's what I'm going to do.

I will unlock malaki, wariswar, shorticus, and ziggymarlon.

But:

I don't want to see any more trades or bag drop trades or anything of the sort. If you are truly playing as 4 separate people (and not sharing or having grabbed some buddies to pose for the picture), all characters should be able to completely function on their own and level and play as well rounded characters.

Not to mention they are more than adequately "helped" by now.

Ok that sound fair, 2 points can i just clarify are we allowed to trade when they are logged in not on my IP ie from when they are at their own homes? And does this mean we cant do joint bag projects either when they are on my IP?

Thanks

I guess occasional and fair and even and reasonable trades are ok.

But what I saw before was just stocking up of characters. No more of that.

Let's hold off on joint bag projects for now and see how it goes. I'd like to see you all function as proven 4 people before I start seeing one or more of these characters looking like a harvest mule again.

hi sorry to have to cause more trouble but my friend henry has just come round and is complaining his char is locked:) his was the one whos name i couldnt remember he says it is DreadStone and please can you unlock him too i have told him what happened knows we wont be trading until he gets higher:)

Sorry for the extra hassel

Malaki