Eternal Lands Official Forums
Faxie

Make new tutorial npc quest just take 1 potion from potionschool

I personally don't think rl $ should be required for playing or factored into deciding what are good/bad decisions for newbies.

And if a newbie is advised to do something by a tutorial, most likely he/she will do it.

Maybe a message that this is hard to undo later and it is not necessary (ie you can make some basic potions without it).

After making basic potions to level 20, I am thrilled I have wasted no pp's on vegetal. I can't stand potion making and would not have known that early on.

My post was holding to the thought of this as an optional tutorial task. So no one 'has' to pay RL $$ for it.

Also, I honestly think that the main motivation behind the OP is not a concern for new players. I feel like the OP just wants to do the quest but doesn't want to do what it takes to get a vegetal nexus. There may be some posts in this thread where they really think it is too much for a newb.. I just doubt the motives of the OP.

So, just to clarify, my comment was in light of it being an optional task, and mostly directed at older players. I don't expect new players to invest money that quickly for something they don't even understand.

Why you would question my motivation is beyond me. My motivation for this is that I truly believe it would make a difference for new players.

I posted this in 'suggestions' as my opinion. As with all opinions there are people that agree and people that disagree and I leave it up to the devs to do or don't do anything about it.

As for my situation: I have 2 chars, 1 has vegetal 6 (DonC) and 1 has vegetal 0 (Faxie). I know the quest is optional and I decided not to continue it with Faxie cause I think spending $6 on a tutorial quest is not worth it for me.

We can only guess at Radu’s intention of the reason why it is needed, perhaps it is not at all about finding and visiting a potion school and doing the task, perhaps it’s a subtle tutorial nudge that spending pickpoints also into nexus are required to progress yourself in a skill in this game.

doesn't the quest already have you get a human nexus? i really can't remember.