Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Faxie

Health and mana in instances

When I am in a team fighting (ie instance), I find it very hard to keep an eye on my health thru the other players healthbars and names. I know that I can see my health in the console below but it is hard to check that when you are trying to watch for local and chat (just have instance channel on)for instructions and watching the fight itself (switching etc).

Therefor I'd like to suggest the following:

1. Make an option in client that allows me to see just my own healthbar and turn the other players healthbars off.

2. And/or make the console health- and manabar relocatable so I can put it in a place where I can see it better when fighting.

What do you all think?

I like option number one alot that would be great.

As for number 2 I would rather see the Mana bar/numbers next to the health bar/numbers (or both if you use that) so you will be able to see (in numbers) 240/240 in green for health and 72/72 in blue for Mana.

It could be either 2 bars health on top and mana just below it or numbers where health comes first and mana to the right of it or 2 bars with numbers either in the middle of them or at the end of them showing the emount left.

Very nice idea DonC, I like option 1 :icon13:

Sometimes it's not about that I cannot see my health but too distracted with watching health of others lol :devlish:

Entris idea about adding mana bar is cool too! +1

Very nice idea DonC, I like option 1 :icon13:

Sometimes it's not about that I cannot see my health but too distracted with watching health of others lol :devlish:

Entris idea about adding mana bar is cool too! +1

That happens to me a lot too, hence the suggestion ;)

I also like the idea of adding the mana bar below healthbar. Thx for that Entris.

I would extend this idea with:

- show my bar only, add the mana bar below health bar

- show the opponent health bar when in fight (or maybe with a timeout period after flee/diss too)

- show the bar on rollover of a monster and hide on rollout

Edited by csiga

That would work indeed, and bigger would even be better (configurable size?)

I hope it can be implemented with the same green to red function that the healthbar under a players name has. I really like that feature.

I like the idea but i would like to see something like (look at screenshot) that most games have at the left top of the game screen

Screenshot-8_5_201012_57_39__-1.jpg

Edited by Mistral

You could have the characters blink when their life bar color changes too.

You could have your life and mana bars blink when it changes color to a lower value color. Oh wait....there is no variation in color for the mana bar...maybe we could add that.

My concern is we need a second row up top to fit it all in. I play in a half window for better FP's. Sometimes I cannot open enough chat channels as they take up to much length in a smaller window. An option for a second row would be cool.

There are so many different Ideas floating around in this thread. I really think we should keep it simple and just what the OP was asking for. I participated in an invance today, and I had the same issue. I found myself having to watch my health bar on the bottom of the screen just to know what my health is. I couldn't watch the fight, and sometimes I would look up and I would just be standing there while people fought around me because I had killed whatever I was fighting

The Health/Mana Bar at the top of the screen, Or the option to turn other players health bars off (keeping yours and the monster you are currently fighting on) would make things a ton easier for us during invances, instances, and invasions.

Too many games have the corner pic with the stats in EL shouldn't be just one in the line of em it's been done too many times.

I would love seeing it done as "Don" suggested (1) with the option to turn off others stats but keep your own and the abillety to relocate the bars to the upper side of the screen (2) something like "Aff" showed in his pic and as I said the abillety to add another bar/number below the name and health bar of the char wich would work well with the first suggestion too.

Very nice ideia...

idea 1 - perfect, nothing to add... that would be awsome

idea 2 - Instead of relocate the mana bar somewhere in your screen, why not just add it below your health in char head? easier to implement i think.

I never felt this is a big problem, i always watch console bar on multifights anyway, it's easy after you make it a routine. And what becomes chat in that situation- Wrong place and time, when i do instas, my teams usually chat very few words, if any when on fights, everybody should know what to do anyway. But i undestand less experienced instancers may need chat more to make clear what to do and which moment.