Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Affliction

Appreciation

So, I recently started back playing EL again, after being gone for about 3 years. And I have just been awefully impressed with all the advances this game has made not only in the past 3 years, but since I first started. The game has developed nicely and is a much better experience now than it used to be (and it wasn't bad when I started). I have played several other games in the years I spent away from EL, and I can say that Radu, Roja, and others who help develop this game really care about making a quality game. Several games are just out to make money period, and they sometimes sacrifice quality for $$$. Some people may say Radu is an ebul brick hoarding overlord, but he intentionally has not done several things that could be bringing in more $$$ for himself. He has not sacrificed the quality of this game.

So, being back and thinking of old EL days where there was no such thing as "mix all", and deer were the mass murderers of IP. When new players just had to figure the game out on their own and hope someone would help them figure it all out (and many people helped me along the way). I guess I am just saying I appreciate all that the developers and mods are doing in this game, and for their dedication. :)

Also, this last month or so that I have been back has been 100% more enjoyable and fun thanks to my awesome CEL guildmates. Honestly the best guild out there.

So, like i said, I just wanted to show some appreciation. (since it is Thanksgiving holidays and all).

-Affliction-

Other games lack the community of EL. I played games like World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings Online, but I always felt like i was playing alone with a bunch of strangers. Coming back to EL and seeing names of people i played with years ago made me feel like home. Having a guild full of people that show interest in each other and a genuine desire to help each other. It is something that lacks in other games.

I play EL since 2005, i quit and back a few times, never played any other mmorpg in my life, and i dont want to, i like EL, its a good game, with a great comunity, even when u have to live with DuBro around u can still have fun :)

I have quit and came back to the game several times. I am still impressed with the community! I have played several other MMO's, but I can not get as motivated to play them as I do EL. The Community is what really makes this game amazing.

I have made/sold chars over the years, and I feel accomplished as an EL player even though I'm not 150's a/d :P I enjoy all of the mechanics and newer features of the game (ranging, invances, instances, GIWS, etc.) Bar none, EL will be the only MMO that can beat itself.