Eternal Lands Official Forums
forum_andy

change guild ranks

Hi,

as far as I know it is only possible to change the guild rank of a player if she/he is online.

It would be nice if the level 19/20 s would be able to change also when the player is not online.

The same is with the #rank command.

A command like #rank <number> which shows all in guild with the <number> rank would also be nice.

Because I'm a really noob programmer I don't know how much work this would be.

edit: grammar errors

Edited by forum_andy

Well I think it is a really good idea and suggestion!

I also think that it could be built on in a number of ways.. Guilds are a major part of EL, at least for me anyway. :D

Therefore new commands and systems within a guild would really please many people. :)

It is easier when a guild is small because everyone knows each other and stuff like rank.. but in guilds like yours Andy (LoRC) and the guild i belong in of HOLY, it would really benefit us to have commands like #rank <number> and so on..

Edited by Jeditotalwar

as far as I know it is only possible to change the guild rank of a player if she/he is online.

It would be nice if the level 19/20 s would be able to change this also when the player is not online.

I also found it would be a lot more convenient if you wouldn't have to wait for a player coming online before you can change their ranks, especially for those being absent for long periods of time.

I believe it has been introduced so you can't change ranks behind their back, but who knows... they might be getting a message when coming online next time tho' but that would be extra work for the programmer.

A command like #rank <number> which shows all in guild with the <number> rank would also be nice.

I agree, this will be helpful.

I have always been annoyed by the inability to change the rank of a person when they are offline. The closest I have ever gotten is to send them a message to talk to my bot who could do it as its greeting to that person or have a rank 19 do it for me.

It would be a great improvement if we didn't have to wait to demote/promote people like we do when they are offline.

Sounds like a nice idea, but.

Changing a rank 19 guy into a rank 20 guys also reflects the ability to destroy the hole guild...

Which comes to the conclusion, honestly no.

rank 19 can do all the things except destroy the guild itself as far as i Know.

So why should it be useful to have a change from 19 to 20?

I pointed several times out in several guilds that some good guild structure needs some high level members which are online frequently.

Edited by roman_gruber

Just thought of another thing which could link on to this..

I think it would be really handy to have more commands like #view_guild_color blue, for example.

However i do understand that these commands that we are suggesting require someone to program that into the system..

Therefore any fresh changes to the guild commands would be very much so apprecied! :)

Edited by Jeditotalwar

Oh, OK, requested already... :P

Edit - it would also be nice having the leave guild command do the same as the remove player and clear the name from guild roster. Major guilds can have well over a hundred ghost players...

Edited by Nessa

Lol, these suggestions were given 2 years ago now and i still believe in them! :)

It would be great if these new commands were implemented....

I could be wrong and i apologise in advance if i am but i think a while back VinoVeritas (guild leader at K&M - the name of the guild i am in) said that he would like to introduce these commands to his bot Mercator... Not sure if this is accurate but it would be great if he did. :)

Being able to change the rank of a player while they are not logged on would be VERY useful. Even if this command was limited to a level 20 it would be very useful.

Any chance of getting this implemented?

------------------------------------

Ingame name JRats

Just to clarify, Mercator can handle guild stuff only for his own Guild (K&M) and has the ability to give certain guildies who do not have the right to do so from Guild rank to do exactly that, Its something made possible when the guildmaster of HOLY stopped playing, and it was needed to keep the guild alive for longer times (after i left it). As Mercator is right now in a guild with a working System of ranking members its not used anymore. I would love to have a system to check for rank of offline players and to change those ranks when possible, but as i understand, the Way where those things are saved, makes it impossible to change ranks of offline players, what i think is possible is to remove not active players from a guild (so it would be only active after a new login)

Another thing I just noticed - when chars change name, the name doesn't change on the members list, it stays there and then the new one is added. The old name can't be "kicked", ofc, cause a char with that name no longer exists, so this is yet another way of collecting ghost members.