Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
StormHawk

Revise the Instance a bit.

I did a search and I didn't see anybody bring this topic up.

I believe that the instance needs to be revised. It is well known that you need to have required levels to participate in certain instances. What i propose is to change it just a tiny bit. Instead of doing the instances by a level base, possibly do it by a "Combat Level" basis. Not all people participate in the instances because they cannot fend themselves due to a reset and your levels don't change but your capabilities in combat does. You may say : "It was your fault to do the reset," but sometimes it's a must, it's a cheaper way out. What ever the reason is, I think it needs to be changed a smudge.

Post your opinion, maybe you think this is a stupid idea, or maybe it will change your way of playing Eternal Lands. Keep it civil.

I'm wondering how i'm going to explain the calculation of the combat level to those who ask me which invance they are supposed to join. The former categorizing (a+d)/2 rounded down was somewhat easy, but now i'm in trouble.

Edited by aredhel

I'm wondering how i'm going to explain the calculation of the combat level to those who ask me which invance they are supposed to join. The former categorizing (a+d)/2 rounded down was somewhat easy, but now i'm in trouble.

I Believe your combat level is calculated on EL-CEL site. It's also based upon Attributes.

I Believe your combat level is calculated on EL-CEL site. It's also based upon Attributes.

EL-CEL site is not official. Combat level is a guess (only Radu knows the true formula).

EL-CEL site is not official. Combat level is a guess (only Radu knows the true formula).

Yeah that is what others have been telling me in PM but i'm guessing it's close. In order for it to work radu would have to release that formula.

So people shouldn't be punished for resetting. Good one!

I truly believe that, yes. We shouldn't have to stop all of our fun just because of a reset.

I don't think this is a great idea because it would be more confusing for a lot of people, a level 1 reset isn't going to be able to jump straight back into an instance anyway and it may lead to folk doing resets just so they can go back through the easier instances.

Most players I know (never reset myself) plan ahead for a reset and stockpile the necessary ingredients or items to level back up as quickly as possible, so this in my opinion is a fairly major change so a minority of players don't have to wait a few weeks (if even that??) to start doing instances again.

Using The combat level may mean that players without a pure combat build (mainly pp's spent on P/C) will end up stuck in the same level of instance for far longer. It could also lead to players manipulating their combat level through the use of attribute removal stones in order to stay at the top of a more favourable instance for longer.

I don't think this is a great idea because it would be more confusing for a lot of people, a level 1 reset isn't going to be able to jump straight back into an instance anyway and it may lead to folk doing resets just so they can go back through the easier instances.

Most players I know (never reset myself) plan ahead for a reset and stockpile the necessary ingredients or items to level back up as quickly as possible, so this in my opinion is a fairly major change so a minority of players don't have to wait a few weeks (if even that??) to start doing instances again.

Using The combat level may mean that players without a pure combat build (mainly pp's spent on P/C) will end up stuck in the same level of instance for far longer. It could also lead to players manipulating their combat level through the use of attribute removal stones in order to stay at the top of a more favourable instance for longer.

Well I can tell you right now players on the pro instance will not reset, it is very difficult to come back from reset because the mobs that you normally would train on gives you a beating. And the mobs that doesn't inflict so much damage will give very low experience points. Even with preparation it's going to take quite some time. But i do see your logic in the removal stones, which might be cool because they will sell more of them.

This was just an idea, thought i'd at least give it a shot. ;~)

Edited by Shishio

So people shouldn't be punished for resetting. Good one!

I agree with your sarcasm. People should probably be punished for resetting. I wonder if being forced into a lower bracket than usual is enough of a punishment.

This would also have the effect of letting people with mixer builds to participate more easily. Unfortunately, you can't make it easier for mixers to give an instance a shot without making it easier on people on a reset.

I agree in principle with the proposition; however, we should keep in mind that implementing this suggestion would require considerable work. Perhaps a #ir command would also be warranted, it should return the instance range a character is in, based on their current combat rating. If the output is presented as: "You're in range for Instance 3" etc. it would largely eliminate the need to make the server combat rating formula public.

Edited by TuDaeFadda

I have a mixers build, I don't feel particularly disadvantaged by the current system for deciding the level of instance I should go. Perhaps other mixers do feel it's too hard and would prefer a change to a system that takes their build into account.

However this may be more complex than just switching to a combat level based system as the following example should indicate. Admittedly the formulas used are not the real ones but approximations made by players, even so as long as they are not totally inaccurate I think it illustrates the point I'm trying to make.

I used the CEL game guides combat calculator to reallocate the pp's that I have to build a pure fighter then noted the combat level required to move from 80-100 instance (my current level) to the 100-120. Next I used my actual build and increased my A/D levels until I reached the same combat level at 115/115 A/D. Personally I don't think based on combat level I should still be able to do the 80-100 for this long.