Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheRealTempest

Tempest, char taken by an old "friend"

Guest TheRealTempest

Hello. I'm posting here as I would really need some high level admin /moderator help with my old character Tempest.

I will explain the situation first of all so it's easier to understand me and look behind my story.

I've quit playing around 1 year ago or more. I've started working in real life and just didn't find the time to play any online games for the time that I had to concentrate on my real life more than on an online game. However. The last 1-2 weeks I've thought about trying this game out again and found it pretty cool to play again (i gotta try those instances soon, lol).

Anyway. My problem now is that it says INVALID PASSWORD for my character, even though I've pretty much had the same password for over years.

Is there any way to get my character back so I could play again? I could tell you the smallest detail of its statistics, its old passwords, and tons more to prove you that i'm not a random faker or character stealer. Additionally, I could get around 30-40 of the "old" people to prove who I am.

I would really appreciate some help from the higher ups (Aislinn, Roja, Entropy) as i'm pretty sure you guys would have the power to help me, if you want to :).

Just a sidenote, not sure if you care: The last year of my playing time was totally free of any rule violations.

I would really like to play again. Thank you.

Guest TheRealTempest

Could you pm me with details on how this might have happened from your regular forum account, please?

I would love to do that! I tried to get back my forum password via the "Send to email function", but apparently the usual email's I've always used are not the ones that I used right here. (bennyvieren1809@hotmail.de / bennyvieren1809@web.de).

If you have any information about which email I might have used, I would appreciate a short hint so I can find out the password and do what you asked for :)

And sorry for wasting your time.

Hmm looks like the email you used was a goof mail designed for only EL.

It also was a web.de email.

This is why people REALLY should use a real email instead of making up a stupid disposable one.

Guest TheRealTempest

Yes you're completely right on the attempted login one. I wasn't trying to log in from this computer / ip at all so you for sure won't find any attempts in your server logs. However, I most likely know the password to the mentioned goof email as i'm always using the same passwords for everything I have (hence why my account is probably gone right now, lmao)

If you need any other details about me / my stuff / my old passwords feel free to ask.

Not sure what I can do to help solving my 'case' as you can most likely see everything I could tell you anyway.

And once again thanks for your time. Guess you could do better stuff if i didn't have an IQ of my room temperature back in the days. (celsius lol)

Guest TheRealTempest

Hahaha for sure I do. How could I forget such a shit name lmao. Do you want me to post or PM it? :)

Guest TheRealTempest

I've acutally logged into a 2 year old email account which I thought would be non existant by now, thanks to you.

However, your forum database is telling me there's no character registered to that email :(

I'll go ahead and mention the char / email name as it can't really damage anyone. As you said I should apply my original characters name to my web email, which would result in AngelFaceJo@web.de.

Unfortunately, I think you meant another name (even though that is the char everyone knew I started with)

Maybe i just misunderstood you and you're actually talking about another name I have ever used. Thanks for the help though.

Guest Guest

You're most likely talking about HackyJo i guess as that's the only other _Jo i can remember right now. Must have been ages ago and I guess Angelface was the most reasonable for me as i've been literally owned by you several times on it for Multitrading lol. Good old times.

I'll see if i can somehow enter the web.de email. Not sure if i manage though as all my passwords for HackyJo@web.de just failed.

Wasn't exactly hackyjo but close and definitely related. I don't want to say it because if you use the same passwords everywhere as you say, obviously at least one person (I'm wondering if it's the same person you've shared with over the years ingame too) would know the pass.

Guest TheRealTempest

Can't blame anyone but my stupidity for using the same password for pretty much everything I have.

Got warned often enough to drop the crap I did back in the days until i finally realized I gotta behave lol.

Do you think there's any possibility for me to recieve my character back or am I a hopeless case as I don't really have 'clear' proof of me being Tempest? (Unless you remember me that good which I doubt with such a huge amount of players)

Anyway, whatever you decide thanks for all the time you've wasted.

Guest Guest

Hey you, I actually tried to talk more intellectual as i'm not really posting here much but I guess you can still hear the tempest in it lol.

I love you for posting this tho dills. thanks.

First off thanks for approving my forum name and thanks to Dilly for confirming who I am lol. I owe you for this.

Anyway, there's not really much to tell as i'm wondering myself but let me explain it as good as possible.

It all started when I was at a friends house and saw my RL friend playing EL. We joked around a little about his stats and after that I went to try out my characters password on his PC, wrong password. I was extremely sure that my password was 'bennygruene110' at that time though as i really used that password for AGES. However as that didn't work i went ahead and tried some of my other passwords (I've changed them now, don't worry) which were 'qwasyx' 'qwasyx12' 'qweasdyxc' 'xazofuro'. Also wrong passwords. I dropped it and thought I'd try to contact an administrator about it, but forgot. Around a week or two later, which is today, I'm sitting here in front of my computer browsing through this forum and the online player list. And what the hell do I see. TempesT online, written EXACTLY how i always spelled it with a boosted p/c and nothing else changed.

I've not tried to create a new character yet as I wasn't sure how you would react if you saw me playing on a total n00b character with the IP-Range that TempesT / AngelFaceJo usually had. Especially after you forbid me to use ANY alts for the rest of my time i'm playing here. (Multitrading issue, you might remember)

This is the whole story. I hope i could help you to understand it a little.

EDIT: If you check the logs or did already, you will most likely find all of the mentioned passwords there.

Edited by TheRealTempest

As far as I know, the TempesT char is controlled by FyR3F0X or something like that, he's turkish but close friend of real tempest as far as I know. And he told me that.

-Kaddy

PS. I would like to post details about the PM's if needed.

Post the PM's for me Kad. That idiot has no right to steal my character unless I personally give it to him.

Would be nice if anyone could check the logs and stuff upon this. I'm sure he did hell of a lot crap with my character. (and others, most likely)

Edited by TheRealTempest

As I see the situation now:

1. Somebody has been playing the Tempest character lately.

2. IP's german.

3. I had been thinking it wasn't "real, original" tempest because this person had no reactions to me in any manner, as would be normal for somebody who has never known or dealt with me. I didn't think much of it as buying/selling/whatever is the norm in this crowd.

4. I now get this thread going, with what is most likely "real, original" Tempest saying his character has been stolen/borrowed/password changed and it is not him, but most likely his real life friend who's house he goes to. In germany, I would have thought.

5. I lock Tempest until situation is resolved.

6. Meanwhile, I dug into logs and found somebody named jaykingz had been on him and did some lovely illegal multi so now I have also locked jaykingz for multi.

7. A new character named Jayjay is created and pm's me several hours later claiming to be tempest and could he have his character unlocked. (No mention of jaykingz but it's the same IP). I told him no, and while he was here, would he mind telling me how he came into posession of the tempest character. He logged off and I haven't seen him again.

8. Now kaddy is posting saying a third person is running Tempest from Turkey? Kaddy pm me please but remember third party knowledge isn't very reliable as you can't take anything anybody tells you as truth and you can't prove anything.

Something is most definitely not right.

Your post is completely true except point 8. Firefox is an old RL friend of mine. He's from turkey but actually living in germany since he's 4-5 years old. Not like he can speak much english though.

I know what happened exactly now. I've talked to a friend of mine (he [firefox] is playing at his house since he has no internet) and I've got the whole story told. However I was not aware that he had access to my character so I hope I can somehow hope for a soft judgement from your side.

And the funny thing is, well let's not call it funny hilarious fits better in this case. Your listed points are a short version of what I've been told lol.

Thanks for all the time you wasted but as it seems, there's nothing I can do here anymore.

EDIT: Grammar fixes + The ip you saw should be from NetCologne btw.

Edited by TheRealTempest

I don't suppose you want to forum pm me with the whole story (long version), using names and not "he, they, she, it" ?

I'm rather unimpressed with mr jayjay and am slightly confused where he fits in, is this the person who lives where fyrefox is visiting to play?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this