Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tokie

Un-Ban Alt Ownership please ?

Many years ago my ignorance to rules caused me trouble,and my mouth compounded it thrice-fold.

There were stipulations on my returning to game. These have been enforced since that time,but one of which I must now ask to be reversed,since I have done everything asked and told of me to do from that time,and continue to abide by,to this day.

Since it has been almost 4 years since everything fell apart by my own doing,and my being allowed to return to Eternal Lands with the new Tokie here...(and since there is now a clear indication that I DO now know the rules of the Game and what it takes to play the right way)... I wish to appeal, (ie. Appeal ; a : an application (as to a recognized authority) for corroboration, vindication, or decision ) and ask for a reversal in your decision,which was made almost 4 years ago,to keep me on one Character,and not allow me to have an Alternative Character.

It is my belief that my actions in game,have spoken louder than any of that trash I spewed-forth,when I was questioned about my actions,after I first started playing Eternal Lands almost 4 years ago.

It is my belief that I know how the game works,that I know the rules,and that I can abide by them...as my actions have shown since that time...so long ago.

With deepest respect,

your loyal subject : Tokie

(and since there is now a clear indication that I DO now know the rules of the Game and what it takes to play the right way)

This part is what's giving me, and always has given me, trouble, even after spending days/weeks/months explaining it to you. I have heard you advise others on this rule and it was a pretty messed up version of rule 5.

How about you start by clearly stating in your own words (do NOT copy and paste any part of the actual rule) what you think rule 5 means and what you can and can not do with alts, especially as a bot owner.

I guess it is not an unreasonable request, if you did behave in all those years. Will have to talk to Aislinn about it.

I thank you all,for your time,in concerning this matter.

(and since there is now a clear indication that I DO now know the rules of the Game and what it takes to play the right way)

This part is what's giving me, and always has given me, trouble, even after spending days/weeks/months explaining it to you. I have heard you advise others on this rule and it was a pretty messed up version of rule 5.

How about you start by clearly stating in your own words (do NOT copy and paste any part of the actual rule) what you think rule 5 means and what you can and can not do with alts, especially as a bot owner.

I might not speak as good as I should,and it is true that I do not have a way with words..so I will be as brief in my simple answer as I can. (1) Dont trade with my Main Character Tokie,my Wifes Character Taini,or knowingly trade with anyone on the same I.P.Address. (2) Dont use any Trade Bot,( #nU Guiild or otherwise ) to trade any item from Tokie or Taini to my Alt. As far as what I can do with an Alt ? Anything I want,as long as I dont violate any of Eternal Lands Rules...especially #5

If this answer is too brief,please advise me, and I will be sure to get right back on the keybard and explain word for word,sentence by sentence,everything I see and read concerning Rule #5 to the best of my ability...but it might take a lot of time for me to formulate the words I need to use and then put it all down here on Forums for you to proof-read and get back to me. I could pull up Rules and Screen shoot the thing,then re-word the entire thing but thats still not going to do any of us any good. Facts being facts are that my actions have spoken louder than any words I can type here to you, or anyone else. Just because I'm not able to incorporate words into something everyone can understand dont mean I havent learned right from wrong. tokie out.

<snip>...As far as what I can do with an Alt ? Anything I want,as long as I dont violate any of Eternal Lands Rules...especially #5

If this answer is too brief,please advise me, ...<snip>

Yes, I want specifics here. This is the problem area. Not too keen on "Anything I want", either. There are a lot of don'ts with an alt and a bot and other characters on your IP, and other characters off of your IP. You are too hung up on "IP" and there is a LOT more to it including logging in from elsewhere or main and alt trading with the same people NOT on your IP. I want you to go into depth about what you want to do with an alt, why you want an alt, and what you are not allowed to do with an alt.

<snip>...As far as what I can do with an Alt ? Anything I want,as long as I dont violate any of Eternal Lands Rules...especially #5

If this answer is too brief,please advise me, ...<snip>

Yes, I want specifics here. This is the problem area. Not too keen on "Anything I want", either. There are a lot of don'ts with an alt and a bot and other characters on your IP, and other characters off of your IP. You are too hung up on "IP" and there is a LOT more to it including logging in from elsewhere or main and alt trading with the same people NOT on your IP. I want you to go into depth about what you want to do with an alt, why you want an alt, and what you are not allowed to do with an alt.

Rule#5 as Tokie "words it" on His own, in order,straight from the Screenies of Rule #5 from eternal Lands :

(1) Dont use illegal or altered map files,Unregistered Bots,dont Macro or Automate or Script.,(whatever the H3LL that is,'cause I aint no 'puter jeaneious) dont explode bugs or Mule. Bots get approved and Purplized to be used,and you gotta' use it the same way concerning rules as your Main Character. Report all bugs to the proper Authority.

Illegal Multi to me is using any other Character or Bot to buy/sell or trade items from my Main to my Alt, or involve any other Character from my I.P. Address,(that I know of personally or otherwise) to transfer any items from my Main to my Alt,or my Wifes Character... * At the time of this writing, Only Tokie,Taini and our Trade Bots are on E L from this address * Dont mule, DB sit,or PvP with my Alt and my Main,(or anyone from my I.P. Address) and you know Im running an Honor Guild, so I aint "Luring" anybody... Im not like that. It's saying that it's un-clear on the issue of Illegal Multi,so issues like this are decided upon on a case by case basis...to quote Rule #5. No "Same Owner I.P. Trading" ( I PM you so you know when I am trading with my Wifes Character...always have,and will continue to do so.) and there is no-reason for me to ask my Wife for anything,concerning my Alt,as I have so-many Friends in Eternal Lands that it makes most people sick when they see a screenie of my over-flowing Buddy List,so abusing I.P. Trading is not an issue here. Middlemen,(this includes Bots and Bags, so I can shorten this to say "in my own words" as you requested) using someone else to log into Tokie or my Alt,(fat chance of THAT ever happening) to "I.P. skip the Address issue", and just because youre a High level Character like Asgnny dont mean you get to do it when others cant. *'gnny PLEASE dont Kill me for using you as a refernece!*

Owning an Alt IS legal as long as they,(Alt and Main) dont come into contact with one another in any way,shape or form.

Profit in any form is not allowed to go from my Main to my Alt, my Wifes Character to my Alt,Bots or Bags to my Alt, any secondary Character,that belongs to me or anyone on my I.P. Address. If I get scammed it's my own fault.

Dont use $ to transfer any item from one Character through another to my Alt. Cash switching via Pay-Pay sold gc for USD non-transferable to my Alt is nnot permitted. Guild Storage is not an issue with us as we keep everything to our own Storages / Inventoy and only interact when in Guild Projects where trading is concerned. You know this too,as I always PM you and ask before making trades with my Wife,(Taini in game) even in Guild Projects..which you also know about and which are done " Moderatly "... But, if we do decide to get a Guild Storage Bot, I will surely take all the steps needed to make it happen just as smoothly as I did all the other Bots.

You say I am hung-up on the I.P. Address issue. I have a right to be concerned with the I.P. issue, as it directly affects me and my Wife,(our Characters) so this time, I only mentioned the I.P. Address issue whenever I came across it in the Rules concerning #5.

Why do I want an Alt ? Because it is legal. What do I want to do with it ? Kill. \O/

If this isnt explanitory enough, let me know and I'll start a whole new conversation with you so I have twice the room to type and put it in my own words for you Hun, no problem at all, just let me know :) tokie out.

1. Your alt can't trade with people tokie trades with, no matter what IP they are on.

2. Tokie's friends can't stock your new alt, even if they are on a different IP.

3. Your alt can't use your bots that Tokie uses. Bots can be associated with only one character, not alts.

4. I hope by killing stuff you don't mean you will make guardbot spam in @6. See spam rule.

5. No middlemen includes people on their own characters helping you get stuff from one character to another. It includes bots. It includes people on your IP. It includes people not on your IP.

6. A guild storage has no bearing on this issue because your alt would not be able to use it. And this is a perfect example of how rule 5 can be broken without 2 characters being on the same IP.

In short, rule 5 can and has been broken by people not just on the same IP. That is why I say to not get hung up on it. Your comments show me you really don't understand the rule at all and this is why you still aren't allowed to have alts.

1. Your alt can't trade with people tokie trades with, no matter what IP they are on.

2. Tokie's friends can't stock your new alt, even if they are on a different IP.

3. Your alt can't use your bots that Tokie uses. Bots can be associated with only one character, not alts.

4. I hope by killing stuff you don't mean you will make guardbot spam in @6. See spam rule.

5. No middlemen includes people on their own characters helping you get stuff from one character to another. It includes bots. It includes people on your IP. It includes people not on your IP.

6. A guild storage has no bearing on this issue because your alt would not be able to use it. And this is a perfect example of how rule 5 can be broken without 2 characters being on the same IP.

In short, rule 5 can and has been broken by people not just on the same IP. That is why I say to not get hung up on it. Your comments show me you really don't understand the rule at all and this is why you still aren't allowed to have alts.

You really took all that $hit,(almost 4 years ago) THAT personally ? ...wow.

Look, if youre still that mad,just forget about it.

Edited by tokie

This would not be personal, this is rule #5

This would not be personal, this is rule #5

No offence Wizzy,but you were still attacking players in KF over Mercury bags when this all went down Bro. This goes waaaay farther back than you realize. I answered Her questions,and did my time. Now,4 years later I've re-wrote,(and understand) the Rule very well. In My Own Words, Sentence by Sentence,I gave Her what She wanted. You dont see it, but there are more People who e-maled me, FaceBooked me and MySpaced me along with Phone calls and a Holla' across the Valley on the C.B. Radio...and everyone says that "they couldnt explain Rule #5 any better than I did,AND that I went above and beyond anything that they could have imagined doing themselves, in any attempt at explaining Rule #5 any better than I did". I'm not going to cut,copy and paste anything like I did before. I'm not going to "Go-Off" like I did 4 years ago,( Sorry Folks, Shows over and the arguement just aint worth it ) I dont need any Alt. right now, I'll finish training Tokie #2 here, get His Blessings,and then start Tokie #3. This was an exercise...

Nothing more than an experiment to see if there were still hard feelings,and there is,because even you cant re-word it any better than I did, and if you can ? Well more power to Ya' Pal :D

May you all have a great and wonderfull day, may teh God Bless you all with many Stones of fortune this day as well.

With my deepest respect and another cup of coffee... tokie out.

If this is just an "an exercise...

Nothing more than an experiment to see if there were still hard feelings"

Then thanks for wasting peoples time

I'd like to make a couple final comments here to address what I think was said.

1. Yes, owning an alt is legal IF you haven't already broken this rule in a big way. Then you are on a no-alt restriction because you have shown you didn't want to play by the rules or make the effort to know what the rules even were.

2. People CAN (reasonably and occasionally) trade with others (not alts but family, friends) on their IP IF they haven't broken the rule previously. Again, Tokie is under restrictions because he already broke the rule with many alts, shared characters, traded, muled, pretty much everything. Once you are under restrictions after having broken this rule (again we're talking in a big way), your rules change.

So having Tokie advise others on the rights and wrongs of this rule is not an acceptable situation because as one can see, he's not correct. He may be sort of correct for himself, although again this IP thing is a problem because of proxies, people who play from work, sharing, Guild Storages, etc etc etc, so using an IP as the definitive constant in this rule is NOT how we do it. There actually isn't even a mention of "same IP" in the rule.

Anybody looking for rule advice or clarification please do a #help_me and ask a mod.

I can't emphasize that enough. Nobody should be weeding through these threads and taking advice from random players. Nobody.