Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruSu

bow making

hi

the book bows and crossbows exists a long time - but they are not makeable. A lot of players tutned to ranging so perhaps some would like to have special bows. What do you think about special bows for special creatures. ? Something like a yeti bow that does a bit more damage on them?

I don't like the idea of making a bow for a certain creature - would make the game too easy to make money, unless you made a special arrow for each new bow, which would take a lot of programming I would think.

Well, we don't have to have DragonSlayer Bow :devlish: I understand it's not only reddie but instances, invasions and arena to think about before anything could be added. But on the other hand, thanks all mentioned ranging is popular skill so why don't add something to motivate them to continue the money burn...

I agree with Brusu, I read the book right at the start with big enthusiasm and was looking forward to bows to make in some future (I think they were mentioned they will be under crafting but I think manu is quite ok too). The extra damage will please everyone :P I can imagine also things like Crossbow of Falcon Speed or Composite Longbow of Armor Piercing... :bow_arrow:

If you don't want super power bows to be makeable, make it for short/long bow and crossbow and those new can be only as lucky rare one from mixing. Make high nexus for them to wield, like human 7 comparing to dragon armors.

nice suggestion Brusu! :icon13:

Great idea! I'd even love it already if only regular bows/xbows were makable, but not even that is the case :cry:

What about some recipies involving Enriched Water Essies to keep the wood used moist and flexible while bending / carving / fletching it? That particula ingredient would also correspond rougly to the value of at least the cheaper bows (short bow / xbow), whereas themore expensive ones could additionaly require an Enriched Magic Essence or a Serpent Stone (or both) for additional quality...

Just my two cents...

Gwaew :bow_arrow:

I don't like the idea of making a bow for a certain creature - would make the game too easy to make money, unless you made a special arrow for each new bow, which would take a lot of programming I would think.

well if anyone is lazy enough this game wont move ... :/

I also like the idea of introducing bows/crossbows as makeable into the game, as we already

can buy them at NPC and the book is readily available. The ings needed for them should go

along with those prices ofc. As divine pointed out, I don't like the idea of introducing

bows/crossbows coming with a bonus when used against a certain creature (keyword is farming

here ofc). Vidriels comment has some valid points too. Why not introducing some more types

of crossbows? Making the crossbow a bit more attractive perhaps.

Personally I'd love to see explosive bolts/arrows being brought into the game. The artwork

for them already exists: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=339

So why not bringing them in, perhaps they could do some sort of AoE damage or something like

that.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by Raistlin

Gnomish Crossbow (of the steam-punk!)

Ing.

4 crossbows

1 binding stone

1 bronze bar

4 diamonds (for extra bling and or could be diamond gears made in crafting skill for fun :D)

Tools needed:gemstone hammer and chisel, carving knife

To use requires:

Arrow Clip (makes 40)

Ing.

1 black dragon scale

1 EWE

40 yew

Tools: carving knife

Gnomish Crossbow loads up to 4 arrows at a time but requires an arrow clip be in inventory to use. Arrow clips have a 1/10(?) chance of breaking while using and if no more are in inventory you cannot fire the crossbow. 4 shots can be fired relatively fast and then the next reload takes longer.

Thoughts? :D

(...)

Arrow Clip (makes 40)

(...)

Awesome and intriguingly interesting idea :-)

Can't wait to see what Entropy has to say about all the programming necessary to do so - but (being a programmer myself) I hope he'd embrace the challenge and enjoy the fun coming with it ;-)

Well, we don't have to have DragonSlayer Bow :devlish: I understand it's not only reddie but instances, invasions and arena to think about before anything could be added. But on the other hand, thanks all mentioned ranging is popular skill so why don't add something to motivate them to continue the money burn...

I agree with Brusu, I read the book right at the start with big enthusiasm and was looking forward to bows to make in some future (I think they were mentioned they will be under crafting but I think manu is quite ok too). The extra damage will please everyone :P I can imagine also things like Crossbow of Falcon Speed or Composite Longbow of Armor Piercing... :bow_arrow:

If you don't want super power bows to be makeable, make it for short/long bow and crossbow and those new can be only as lucky rare one from mixing. Make high nexus for them to wield, like human 7 comparing to dragon armors.

nice suggestion Brusu! :icon13:

+ i will suggest maybe ever 10 range lvl, or 5 lvl if some find it too hard, to make a new xbow/bow as new mobs need to be ranged etc. :hiya:

Like for example DragonSlayer Bow could be the last bow/xbow to be made/craft/manu , and every lvl bow/xbow should have more or different book to read perhaps and ingreds to be made ? :bow_arrow:

I think this will make the game more interesting for rangers and it will give a new thing for craft/manu effect which many start to find it boring somehow. ;)

Don't you think ranging is already dealing ENOUGH damage as it is now and you're talking about 4x shoots.

-Kaddy

Don't you think ranging is already dealing ENOUGH damage as it is now and you're talking about 4x shoots.

-Kaddy

Or more than enough :P

Don't see anything wrong with bow making, but i think the last thing ranging needs is changes to make it more powerful

-Kaddy

Never enough damage ! :P

4x 70hp = 280 hp damage in one shot, sounds great! :P

:ph34r:

-Kaddy

Never enough damage ! :P

4x 70hp = 280 hp damage in one shot, sounds great! :P

:ph34r:

Some people need to go back to reading class:

Gnomish Crossbow loads up to 4 arrows at a time but requires an arrow clip be in inventory to use. Arrow clips have a 1/10(?) chance of breaking while using and if no more are in inventory you cannot fire the crossbow. 4 shots can be fired relatively fast and then the next reload takes longer.

There is a difference between "4 shots relatively fast" and "4 shots at the same time" I would never think at the same time would be good. to me relatively fast for a crossbow would be say short bow speed or so, and after those four shots it would take normal or longer crossbow speed to reload.

Advantage: you can use crossbow bolts (lighter) to fire 4 shots at bow speed with the use of the arrow clip. Possibility of carrying more arrows.

Disadvantages: arrow clip can break and if you run out of arrow clips you cannot fire. After those 4 shots you have same or longer crossbow reload before you can fire 4 more.

I people wanted monsters to have specific weaknesses, they would have implemented cold/fire/magic damage penalties on them a ways ago, I would think. Cold region monsters would probably be hurt more by fire damage and hot region monsters would most likely be hurt more by cold damage. Hot region monsters would have heat resistance and cold region monsters would have cold resistance.

I like the idea of making one of the already implemented bows. I dislike readable books that have no application for the knowledge.....and it happens too much in this game.

Resurrecting this old suggestion.

I think that bow/crossbow making is still a good idea, I am not for making a bow for a specific creature tho. The book has been in game for a long time and the only purpose for buying it as it stands is so you can say you have all the books in game.

I would like to suggest that 2 new bows be added to the game, 1 enhanced crossbow and 1 bow (an enhanced recurve or a better name). These 2 new bows could be only be player makeable only to encourage people to make bows. The enhanced crossbow could have the same stats as the regular but would load faster, the speed of a short bow for example. This could bring some new life to the crossbow as well as all the pk bolts collecting dust in storage. The other bow could have better stats then the recurve but less then the elven. There is a big gap in price between the recurve and the elven and a new player only bow could fill that for those that cant afford the elven but would like something better then the recurve.

heh We would need alot more slots in sto if this happens...

**Chainsawed**

Personally I'd love to see explosive bolts/arrows being brought into the game. The artwork

for them already exists: http://www.eternal-l...llery&image=339

So why not bringing them in, perhaps they could do some sort of AoE damage or something like

that.

**sawed**

I'd rather see more arrows/bolts in the game instead though!

Ing.

4 crossbows

1 binding stone

1 bronze bar

4 diamonds (for extra bling and or could be diamond gears made in crafting skill for fun biggrin.gif)

Tools needed:gemstone hammer and chisel, carving knife

To use requires:

Arrow Clip (makes 40)

Ing.

1 black dragon scale

1 EWE

40 yew

Tools: carving knife

Thoughts? biggrin.gif

+1!!!! EL gnomes need to be steam punk!

Edited by Aquila

Why not horse bows (their a type of crossbow iirc, but I've only heard of them in fiction so w/e)?

As good as a recurve bow in accuracy and a little more damage. Those could be made.

i always wondered. you load a Xbow by locking the arrow and xbow into fire mode..

but before you move, you unlock the arrow and disengage the xbow from fire.

thats kinda dumb to me.