Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lazerus

Do not show mixing notifications in console

I just discovered the "Windows on Top" option and disabled it. Now when I'm in console mode, I don't have any windows obstructing my view of chat. However, I do find it annoying that when I'm mixing, I get the "You successfully created 1..." messages in the console when the windows are hidden.

Can we do 1 of the following:

1) Disable this feature altogether, with no option to enable it. Is is really relevant to have these messages in console? Maybe only show the failure message (You stopped, You failed, etc.).

2) Do not show these messages if the client has the "Windows on Top" option disabled

3) Check to see if the inv/manu windows are open, but hidden. If one of the windows are open, regardless of being hidden, then do not show the messages in console. If the inv/manu are both closed, then show the message in console.

Not sure if #3 is possible. I think it should be, because the client knows which windows to show again when you come out of console mode.

one reason it's nice to have the printout in console is that some ppl take screenies or copy/paste something high-level they mixed :P (or found)

arrowdown.png

Edited by Aislar

Can't we do something where if the last message in the console was the same "you mixed" message that it would replace it and add " x5" for example? This would allow for screenshots and not be as annoying as hell.