Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Change price of polished Diamonds paid by NPC Zantos

I do not know if Zantos has been playing with his skeleton key too much but price of 25 gc for polished diamonds makes no logical sense - same PC charges 10 gc each for gem paper and it takes 3 gem paper to make a polished diamond. I am not sure if polished diamonds always required 3 gem papers or it was just oddly setup when Zantos created.

Polished Ruby = Ruby + 2 WE + 1 Gem Paper = 20 gc - Crafter gets 10 gc for 2 WE & Ruby

Polished Emerald = Emerald + 2 WE + 1 Gem Paper = 22 gc - Crafter gets 12 gc for 2 WE & Emerald

Polished Sapphire = Sapphire + 2 WE + 1 Gem Paper = 22.5 gc - Crafter gets 12.5 gc for 2 WE & Sapphire

Polished Diamond = Diamond + 2 WE + 3 Gem Paper = 25 gc - Crafter PAYS 5 gc plus needs to mine diamonds and make WE

Zantos Price should be 45 to make polished diamonds fairly paid for by NPC. Yes I know NPC has monopoly since he is only NPC which pays for them.

That's easy. Don't make polished diamonds for profit. Do polished sapphires. Everyone levels up on those till they start getting excellent rates on glac or evtr rings.

I was just pointing out the inconsistency. I am not trying to level using polished diamonds and rarely make them unless rings for myself since the VotD and Naralik rings are unprofitable. I already can make the Glacmor and EVTR rings.

@Roman

We sure don't level up on vials anymore, thats for sure with the break rate for molds :whistle:

On topic, I've been wondering myself about that reward as well, would be nice if it was corrected, just plain game mechanics dear Watson, that's all there is to it....

@Roman

We sure don't level up on vials anymore, thats for sure with the break rate for molds :whistle:

On topic, I've been wondering myself about that reward as well, would be nice if it was corrected, just plain game mechanics dear Watson, that's all there is to it....

That is a very important point to me. It looks like bad game mechanics or sloppy work by developers who do not care when you see something that makes no sense like the diamonds being different. Some persons see things like this as easy to fix bugs or programming errors and think the developers don't care about consistency or common sense within the game world. It is something with a simple fix that really drags down opinions of the game. This diamond thing is a perfect 'sound bite' for bashing the game in a review IMO.