Eternal Lands Official Forums
MichelAngelo

Vial molds breaking like glass

Hi all,

I was just wondering if empty-vials-buying has been made into a gold sync lately, I can't seem to make more then 1k of empty vials with a vial mold, no matter what my astro is, they just seem to break like....glass (to stay in context) ;-)

Anyway, I wouldn't really mind having to buy empty vials from npc's but it would have been nice to have had some kind of warning/message about this, I'm crafting level 73 and considered making vials a good way to boost xp but with today's loss of two vial molds and just making 800 vials it's becomming way to expensive for me.....

The past 3 weeks I made about 20k of vials and this has cost me at least 8 (!!!!) vial molds (roughly 80k of gc, buying the molds would have cost me 100k of gc but then I also had to harvest the ings costing me time and harvester meds....)

EDIT: just looked at my stats, I made 25k of vials and they did cost me 13 molds, making it to 125k gc to buy and now it costed me 130k of gc on molds, I am being punished for making my own vials...... :-(

Again, I don't want to complain solely buy it would be nice if the cost of creating vial molds could be lowered, for example by getting 2 (or more... ;-D ) for 1 EFE, it all might be bad luck on my side but I haven't been really lucky with harvester medallions lately (they also break like twiggs) and now the vial molds too......it's hard to keep up leveling in crafting this way, EL is slowly starting to loose my intrest because it seems to become harder and harder to keep above a break-even (joke) point harvesting/crafting.

(and for those among you that know me, I really dislike A/D leveling)

Just my thoughts, was wondering if this would sound familiar to anyone out here......

Greetz, MichelAngelo

Edited by MichelAngelo

You can buy vials from NPC closca in Melinis. it's much cheaper than making them on your own.

In my opinion, this is the wrong way to level up crafting. Try polished saphires and moon medallions instead. You can sell polished saphires to the magic shop in Idaloran and moon medallions to the magic shop in glacmor.

Also become a follower of zarin if you aren't already :)

Edited by hussam

Hi Hussam,

Thanks for your reply but, looking from a point of game-fun, isn't it 'wrong' if it is cheaper to buy vials from npc's then making them yourself? I mean, if this would be applied to more items that are manufacurable (or craftable/potionable etcetc) then in the end this would only be a game in where one has to fight monsters/creatures only to be able to buy (!) better items from npc's with the loot from fighting?

I started with EL because it was different then other MORPG's, especially on this point, if this is the way EL is developing itself then it wouldn't be my fav. waste of time anymore.

Regards, M-A.

PS. thanks for the tips but I did indeed do some lvl that way, I am now focussing on leveling potioning => needing much vials ;-D

Hi Hussam,

Thanks for your reply but, looking from a point of game-fun, isn't it 'wrong' if it is cheaper to buy vials from npc's then making them yourself? I mean, if this would be applied to more items that are manufacurable (or craftable/potionable etcetc) then in the end this would only be a game in where one has to fight monsters/creatures only to be able to buy (!) better items from npc's with the loot from fighting?

I started with EL because it was different then other MORPG's, especially on this point, if this is the way EL is developing itself then it wouldn't be my fav. waste of time anymore.

Regards, M-A.

PS. thanks for the tips but I did indeed do some lvl that way, I am now focussing on leveling potioning => needing much vials ;-D

For the longest time you couldn't even make vials at all! So even if the mold is breaking often for you, it's still a big step up from how it used to be!

For the longest time you couldn't even make vials at all! So even if the mold is breaking often for you, it's still a big step up from how it used to be!

At that time did we still have the vials left after we had used the potion, the only vials leaving the game were crit fails. Remember ?

¨Try to read this tread :

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37826&st=0

I think I have made more than 100k vials, but they are not worth to make now, I have a feeling of that the astro don't work as it should or the difference between god and bad is less now.

Used to be able to make around 5k vials before the mold broke. I have 7484 vials and 7 broken molds on the counter now. With the higher ing prices, more rare EFes and mini events are they too expensive to make.

So I stopped crafting, don't play much and usually only on special days.

Lately i made 11067 vials and broke only 3 of the molds.

But my numbers might be affected by "child of stars" perk...

PS: i never check my mixing astro (and never did).

If you buy vials, you don't get the exp for making them. Also, you've been unlucky, because the 'nominal' break rate is 1/2500.

If you buy vials, you don't get the exp for making them. Also, you've been unlucky, because the 'nominal' break rate is 1/2500.

Thanks for the reply Entropy, I'll just place this under 'bad luck' then and go on as usual ;-)

Regards, M-A.

At that time did we still have the vials left after we had used the potion, the only vials leaving the game were crit fails. Remember ?

There was a time where the vials poofed (exept the minor healing and mana pot ofc) after you used the potion and we couldn't buy the vials from Closca either though :P

Thought I was pretty much the only person to make vials. I always use an indicator beforehand, and only make them on good astro days. Could be my imagination, but it certainly seems to reduce the breakage rate.

Hi Munt,

Yes, we crafters are an endangered species ;-)

Well, after the above happened I've bought a new vial mold (pity the breakage rate from vial molds doesn't equal making EFE's) and started making vials again after checking astro, thinking 'well, bad luck should end someday', unfortunately the next mold only made 826 vials before breaking (again).....

I'll give it one more try and if it breaks again before making a least 1000 vials I'll quit making them, yet another totally useless book/skill/thing to do.

Since harvesting quartz and sulpur/red snap/red rose and food source also costs time (and harvester meds), at this point I think one might (!) be able to break even on the cost of ingredients but the experience rewarded is in no ratio to the time-investment.

Hard to keep up having fun in crafting these days.....

Regards, M-A.

By checking my astro before using them my stats were something of about 3-5k vials with one mold (sometimes I got even more with one if I finished making vials before the mold broke and continued using it the next time)

.... but then again haven't been online for a few months :rolleyes:

Interesting observations since I believe that breakage astro applies to armor/weapons while fighting, not tool usage.

Interesting observations since I believe that breakage astro applies to armor/weapons while fighting, not tool usage.

I think breakage astro applies to all breakage possibilities and that Day of More Grief applies to all breakage possibilities too.

Greetings all,

Just wanted to let you know, have been crafting 66k vials and that costed me 30 molds (and yes, only been crafting on 'Good'-astro days), so breakage looks like to be 2k vials per mold, give it a bit more for astro.(my rate currently is 2200 per mold.)

Regards, MichelAngelo

ROFL :-D must be the case, well.....no luck in games, must mean I'll have lots of luck in romance then.

I guess sometimes real life luck plays a role too :)

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Is it a proposition or a suggestion? :P