Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlueAle

help please

hi,

I have a problem with the game when I try to play, it opens and the bar loads then I hear a noise and it says connecting to server and it stays like that forever.

I have left it like 20 min and it never connects, I'm on mac OS 10.5.8

what could be the problem? :(

thanks

Edited by BlueAle

That looks like either a firewall-problem or (more likely) your provider blocking port 2000/tcp, so you can't connect to the el-server...

You can try the following: open a Terminal-window and type 'telnet game.eternal-lands.com 2000'

If you don't get a response from the game-server you should ask your provider, if he blocks that port.

That looks like either a firewall-problem or (more likely) your provider blocking port 2000/tcp, so you can't connect to the el-server...

You can try the following: open a Terminal-window and type 'telnet game.eternal-lands.com 2000'

If you don't get a response from the game-server you should ask your provider, if he blocks that port.

Thank you for your answer, I did as you said and it gave me a response with a welcome message.

So I guess it isn't the provider. What else could I do?

Then please check, if you have any kind of firewall blocking the EL-Client.

The firewall wasn't blocking anything still I put EL in allow all connections, then I tried to play and it said it disconnected me because this version needed an update.

So I wen't and downloaded the game again, installed and tried to play, a dialog box to choose the language appeared and then it froze, now it just crashes every time the bar loads. :(

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this