Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Alternative to Berlios

Okay I guess I'm confused.

Sir_Odie, chr0nik, and Hussam straightened me out. Thanks! :wub:

Am I supposed to be pulling from github or berlios?

Apparently github is the most current and berlios is the backup, at least until radu declares github the new "official" one. So pull from github.

I started from scratch, pulling from this:

git clone git://github.com/raduprv/Eternal-Lands.git

(this seems to be the only thing I did right)

In trying to compile, I got error messages that said:

[sb@precision330 Eternal-Lands]$ cmake ./
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/sb/Eternal-Lands" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

cmake is only for the gl2 testing, which is not the same as the official client. Don't do cmake if you are not testing gl2.

I also noticed there was no Makefile so I copied then renamed Makefile.linux to Makefile.

Same thing. gl2 required a Makefile, leave the Makefile.linux alone for compiling a regular official client that isn't gl2 testing.

Then ran make, which did compile a client.

I ran $make -f Makefile.linux and it compiled fine.

I am able to log on but the most recent committment bluap said he did isn't showing up and my sound alerts don't work now.

There is this message:

AL lib: pulseaudio.c:612: Context did not connect: Access denied

but I don't use pulseaudio, I use Alsa, which normally works great.

*shrugs* Sound alerts work

Now my plea: Could somebody who knows this stuff make a checklist of instructions for compiling? One for each: regular official client and one separate one for gl2 testing. And clarification that they are two totally different things? (And I mean ones that those of us with barely half a clue can figure out. The only instructions I found were from the gl2 testing threads so I followed those, not realizing some of the steps weren't applicable to all compilations.)

Anyway, thanks, leaving this mess so anybody else who is confused might be helped.