Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Pithyus

Why was Pithyus and family banned?

Guest Pithyus

since this is 5 different people, let's do this on a person by person case. after all that is the only fair way to do it. wouldn't you agree?

in anticipation of you agreeing...

My character is Pithyus. What rules has Pithyus broken?

Since you are an honest and fair person you will have to agree that Pithyus did not break any rules. The only character you can honestly claim that I traded anything of value with would be Ladyg33k. You can clearly see that Ladyg33k and Pithyus are 2 different people. Therefore the right thing to do would be to reinstate my account.

If you can produce any evidence contrary to that, please do. I would love to see it.

You make it sound as if we are continuing to send emails. We have not sent any since posting on the forum, hours ago. If you would have responded instead of turning off the accounts and running, you would not have gotten so many (3) emails.

since this is 5 different people, let's do this on a person by person case. after all that is the only fair way to do it. wouldn't you agree?

in anticipation of you agreeing...

My character is Pithyus. What rules has Pithyus broken?

Since you are an honest and fair person you will have to agree that Pithyus did not break any rules. The only character you can honestly claim that I traded anything of value with would be Ladyg33k. You can clearly see that Ladyg33k and Pithyus are 2 different people. Therefore the right thing to do would be to reinstate my account.

If you can produce any evidence contrary to that, please do. I would love to see it.

You make it sound as if we are continuing to send emails. We have not sent any since posting on the forum, hours ago. If you would have responded instead of turning off the accounts and running, you would not have gotten so many (3) emails.

Since Aisy is enjoying her sleep, let me respond:

You DID break rule 5 by trading. Just because you are different people, does not mean you can trade. Since we cannot look into your house, multiple characters from the same IP are assumed to be alts until proven otherwise. Till this proof has been submitted AND ACCEPTED by moderators, multiple characters from the same IP cannot trade. If you had requested permission to trade, you would have been given a full explanation and this mess might have been prevented.

Considering the level of the characters involved, I suggest you start over with ONE character each and do not trade AT ALL among family members. This is how most families (including my own) play, with only very limited trading after permission has been obtained.

Consider it a sad lesson learned.

5. Unless you can PROVE you are legitimate family/significant other, you will be punished if you break this rule. Proof will be determined on a case by case basis as needed. If you abuse our trust by taking advantage of the family relationship and using those characters illegally, all characters involved will be locked and/or banned.

And to add on to Maxine's comment, it wasn't just 5 characters trading, it was 10! The "extra 5" could have been anybody's alts. And you still have sent no proof to prove it was "only" 5 "extra" characters.

And there were 4 emails, apparently assuming I do nothing but sit in front of 4 screens simultaneously, waiting for you. They did accelerate pretty quickly in tone and language.

So at the moment the only thing I see and agree with are these:

1. A bad attitude (you might want to relook at who's got the anger issue - a quick review of this thread and your emails should suffice).

2. 10 trading characters.

3. A claim of 5 people but no proof of any sort provided.

4. Repeated attempts at "hair splitting" which isn't even accurate in the first place, to try to distract from the real issues.

Guest Pithyus

there were 4 emails, apparently assuming I do nothing but sit in front of 4 screens simultaneously, waiting for you. They did accelerate pretty quickly in tone and language.

I (Pithyus) sent 3 emails. not four. try recounting, you may find that the other email may have come from my wife at a different email address. just so we can all see that you can't count, here they are.

*I was playing EL with my wife, just a few minutes ago, when we both received a message that we had been kicked out by you. It appears that you suspected *that we were breaking the rules by illegal multiplying. I assure you that we are not breaking any rules. There are 5 people in my family and we all play *on EL.

*Please reinstate our accounts.

*Thank you.

* Pithyus

*You may think "it's only been a half hour" but to me IT"S BEEN A HALF HOUR!!! my family would like to play EL. You may not have heard of families spending *time together like this, but this is what we do. We all sign on to EL and have a LAN party every day. We don't understand why you banned us, especially *with out talking to us first. I expected more from a moderator, especially one from the open source community. Please at least respond to my appeal.

* Pithyus

*I'm not sure what message you are trying to send. I really don't understand why you would block my family from playing EL, then ignore our emails. Would *you please respond? At least give me a valid reason for blocking us. Or, perhaps admit your mistake and reinstate our accounts.

*Thank you.

* Pithyus

And to add on to Maxine's comment, it wasn't just 5 characters trading, it was 10! The "extra 5" could have been anybody's alts. And you still have sent no proof to prove it was "only" 5 "extra" characters.

Again, there were 9 characters not 10. IF ladygEEk was ever created it was never used, not walking around and trading, and we explained all of this.

You DID break rule 5 by trading. Just because you are different people, does not mean you can trade. Since we cannot look into your house, multiple characters from the same IP are assumed to be alts until proven otherwise. Till this proof has been submitted AND ACCEPTED by moderators, multiple characters from the same IP cannot trade. If you had requested permission to trade, you would have been given a full explanation and this mess might have been prevented.

Perhaps you don't live in the great USA, but here, people are assumed innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt - not the other way around.

I believe they are anti-American; Guilty till proven innocent.

5. Unless you can PROVE you are legitimate family/significant other, you will be punished if you break this rule. Proof willl be determined on a case by case basis as needed. If you abuse our trust by taking advantage of the family relationship and using those characters illegally, all characters involved will be locked and/or banned.

No Aslinn/Maxine. We did not break any rules. You are assuming that we did. Have YOU read the rules? Where does rule five say we can't trade? Where does it say that we have to prove that we are not one person BEFORE we trade? Where does it state that we need permission?

According to rule five section 5, if I prove that we are 5 separate people, you will turn Pithyus and Ladyg33k back on, since all will know with out a doubt we did nothing wrong.

I'm calling your bluff. I posted the proof for all to see. Here is the location of the piture. http://pithyus.com/el/proof.jpg

You have been very childish about this whole thing. You didn't contact us. You didn't ask questions first. You didn't reply to the private emails, instead you had us do this publicly. You wanted to make a public example out of us, and now it has back-fired. Now you realize that we are five people not one, but you are too proud to back down and admit that you were wrong. *No Aislinn can't be wrong.* Well guess what, you are wrong. Not everybody is out to find a way to cheat on EL and get away with it. We were simply a family playing a game that appeared to be family friendly. It's a shame that the entire friendly community of Eternal Lands is being managed & watched by the Eye of Providence; the all-seeing eye of Aislinn the omnipotent & omniscient, who seems to be menstrating at the moment.

Guest Ladyg33k

For the record, here's my ONE and ONLY email that I sent.

from ladyg33k@gmail.com

to aisy_el@yahoo.com

date Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 6:22 PM

subject Kick/banned?

mailed-by gmail.com

hide details Sep 23 (1 day ago)

Aislinn,

My husband and I were kicked and banned from playing EL online this evening by you, supposedly for illegal multiplaying. We are a married couple with 3 children that also play this game. We have one Comcast broadband cable connection that has an external IP that we all share because we are on an internal network.

Is this illegal? Do you all not allow families to play your game?

-Ladyg33k

Maybe you should read the bans forum and see that you were treated with MORE lenience than most, given an opportunity to prove you are a family. Instead of complying with this reasonable request, you decided to insult and harass. No more sympathy or help from me. Good luck finding a game that complies with YOUR rules.

Edited by Maxine

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.