Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mauler

Why is OSOMN so powerful?

Went to have some pk fun today and got *RAPED* by this osomn. It took all my mana, in one hit.

So why not make it take less mana, maybe something like 5 mana/hit. Seriously, it's shit like this people dont wanna pk.........

Get more mana. It works well on those with low mana to start with.

Went to have some pk fun today and got *RAPED* by this osomn. It took all my mana, in one hit.

So why not make it take less mana, maybe something like 5 mana/hit. Seriously, it's shit like this people dont wanna pk.........

Because EL is intentionally designed to showcase a seriously capitalist system akin to one you'd see in RL.

It's intentional that extreme riches equates to extreme power. The OSoMN is powerful, but expensive.

Riches is one of the biggest pieces of the pie chart that makes up combat strength in EL. A key component to increasing ones competitiveness is by becoming richer and hence being able to buy more powerful equipment and repeatedly utilise expensive one-use artillery.

If you don't like the impact a system such as this has on PvP gameplay, i'd suggest you try one of the thousand other MMORPG's out there that doesn't apply this model to their game design (or at least, not to this extent).

Edited by Korrode

This is ridiculous Jolt, really. Next time for example someone shoots you in back and you will ask to lower damage of Eleven bow? Or maybe remove summoning stones or cool down ability for white tigers? Mines are also to powerful and can be used during peace day … I think we should remove them too.

Seriously, no offence, but idea to remove or change stats for item because it killed me … :omg:

rofl at saxum and devnul. If there was an item in game, that only 1 person owned, and intsa killed everyone then nobody should complain if it kills them?

Ofc osomn isn't this close but it isn't far off.

And @ saxum, afaik you do not pk a great deal, if it all, and haven't witnessed this in action. It remove 150 mana in one hit, within two rounds of combat 300 mana could be gone, you could have max mana and it would still be overpowered.

But oh well, not like it will be changed i guess.

rofl at saxum and devnul. If there was an item in game, that only 1 person owned, and intsa killed everyone then nobody should complain if it kills them?

And @ saxum, afaik you do not pk a great deal, if it all, and haven't witnessed this in action. It remove 150 mana in one hit, within two rounds of combat 300 mana could be gone, you could have max mana and it would still be overpowered.

A good oppurtunity to adjust the warlock cape so that is useful?

A good oppurtunity to adjust the warlock cape so that is useful?

Definately is a way to reduce it's OPness w/o removing it from game. In the current system, even with max mag resistance osomn can still hit and will still remove 150 mana. So it's still very luck and riches based. I personally would like to see the magic resistance reduce the chance (more than currently) AND the amount of mana removed (in the example of osomn). This, of course, doubled with an increase in mag resistance offered by warlock cape.

It's not really THAT overpowered with these RDholams and mage pants anyways. They both give a total 100 mana to your base which makes you +150 mana easily. Besides that, you can always carry 1-2 EMP to cover from deplete hit. I have 308 max mana and I even carry those to get away from depletes.

Use your brain to find a way to escape that, not just come here and cry us a river.

My 2 liras;

-Kaddy

PS. With these Ice armor and magic protection spell, it has a really low chance to hit anyways. Fights take forever without those swords so deal with it.

Use your brain to find a way to escape that, not just come here and cry us a river.

PS. With these Ice armor and magic protection spell, it has a really low chance to hit anyways. Fights take forever without those swords so deal with it.

In short ... +1 Kaddy :icon13:

Because EL is intentionally designed to showcase a seriously capitalist system akin to one you'd see in RL.

It's intentional that extreme riches equates to extreme power. The OSoMN is powerful, but expensive.

Riches is one of the biggest pieces of the pie chart that makes up combat strength in EL. A key component to increasing ones competitiveness is by becoming richer and hence being able to buy more powerful equipment and repeatedly utilise expensive one-use artillery.

If you don't like the impact a system such as this has on PvP gameplay, i'd suggest you try one of the thousand other MMORPG's out there that doesn't apply this model to their game design (or at least, not to this extent).

^This.

OSoMN is only used in PK, it won't be changed. Play a game that caters to skill for your PvP enjoyment.

When the Rad Rapier was first introduced into game, i'm sure similar things were said about that weapon, over powered blah blah blah but casting radiation protection soon renders that weapon more or less useless.

The OSoMN is a powerful weapon, EMPs, MD, Magic protection are some ways to help counteract it's effects & i have no doubt there are other ways, they just need to be tried & tested.

Just because a player is using one, doesn't mean they will get that deadly mana depleating hit & there isn't that many in game anyway.

I have been hit by one before & managed to survive it, the same as anyone could...besides, if you do get killed by someone using it, it's most likely on a no drops map (so you won't lose anything) & it's not like your gonna wake up the next day with a black eye or a busted lip.

It's part of the PK fun...OSoMN..wants one :evilgrin:

agree

did you thought about using Sunbreaker of Destruction?

BTW I just checked it doesn't deplead 150mana every time you're hit it has only 2% possibility