Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Bayan Rafeh

Client Crashes on Start Ubuntu 11.10

Guest Bayan Rafeh

Hi I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 and I tried installing EL on it, the installer gave me syntax errors, so I tried the Ubuntu specific installation, and when it starts I get this stack trace: http://pastebin.com/8x2ddUXw

Can anyone help me with this?

When you ran the launcher, did it prompt and offer to fix your data path? If it did, you should let it do so. The output you posted shows that your data path is not set correctly.

Guest steve

Hi I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 and I tried installing EL on it, the installer gave me syntax errors, so I tried the Ubuntu specific installation, and when it starts I get this stack trace: http://pastebin.com/8x2ddUXw

Can anyone help me with this?

When you ran the launcher, did it prompt and offer to fix your data path? If it did, you should let it do so. The output you posted shows that your data path is not set correctly.

The reason I asked that is because in the output you gave, it looks like your data path is not set and that is checked and fixed by the launcher that you are clearly running.

Edited by bluap

OK, then make sure it's been asked to prompt you using "rm $HOME/.elc/no.el.ini.check".

If the launcher still doesn't prompt to fix the path then you'll have to do it manually. Edit the file "$HOME/.elc/main/el.ini" (replacing main with the name of config line if you are not using main). Look for the line that starts "#data_dir = " and make sure the value is "/usr/share/games/EternalLands".

Guest guest

There should be a file on my filesystem called el.ini right? What if there isn't? I already removed and reinstalled EL twice now I'm starting to think that it does not work on ubuntu 11.10.

It does work. The el.ini file is stored in your home directory under the .elc. Note this is a hidden directory, you will need to enable display of hidden files from your file manager or use "ls -a" on the command line to see it. Un-installing does not remove the .elc tree, its where your personal files are stored.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.