Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gwynden

Faster regeneration when sitting

Guest Gwynden

It would be nice if regeneration could be doubled when sitting down.

That would mean 2 points per minute without regeneration perk, and 6 with. I don't think that would terribly unbalancing and hope you do agree with me.

Regards.

Guest Gwynden

That is indeed a valid point. How about just making it heal one point extra when sitting ,so it would be 2 without perk and 4 with?

Alternativly I suppose it can be ignored with perk, but people without heal one extra while sitting. It would sure help the newbies out a bit. The regeneration rate as it is now is a tad too long imho.

An argument against is that it perhaps removes some of the need for characthers to explore alternative ways of playing the game, since they'd might just sit and wait instead of finding something more productive to do.

Please feel free to give more in depth suggestions and viewpoints so the development team get a feel for other players opinions on this.

There should be some temporary (non-perk) way to increase your healing process, but there should also be some cost for it. For example, alot of games let a player "sleep", which regenerates their hit points and mana points, but takes them out of the game for the duration of that sleep.

Obviously we couldn't really do a "sleep" type function in a real-time game like this. But what about a short "rest" period where the player is inactive for 3 minutes and heals 3x faster - but they can't defend if attacked. Something like that. That makes the function nearly useless to people fighting at a spawn (if they don't have mm), but gives new players a way to up their hit points while there're starting out on rabbits.

Faster regen while sitting could be a 1 point bonus after the doubling of a perk. If you add anything before the doubling that would be too fast.

yea i like the idea of +1 while sitting but how about we get churchs and while your in there you also get +1, and in the churh will be no mosters or anything to kill, just other people will come to heal and it will be a great place to meet people ;) oh and for the sitting one you could make if go to +2 and +3 if they spend long enouth sitting doing nothing(so say if you open up you iventory or manu someinth ect it goes back to +1). and if your in the church and sitting you could get up to +4 per min without a cape and+7 with a cape(but you would have to do nothing for about 5-10 mins for this)

Church idea is nice, but not that practical, since beam is much more convenient a place for healing. People just come out from the underworld there, so that's when they need healing the most. That's also where the newbies are.

Furthermore, all the churches and temples so far are not located in the right places for healing to be useful.

we could put wraith in a building and make that building a church with rooms, moonshadow was testing the room idea

Church idea is nice, but not that practical, since beam is much more convenient a place for healing. People just come out from the underworld there, so that's when they need healing the most. That's also where the newbies are.  

Furthermore, all the churches and temples so far are not located in the right places for healing to be useful.

Thats why you should have to go to a church instead if letting it get cluttered at beam.

yea and i think the #beam me up option is being planed to be taken out(if not iv read the ip ring building book for nothing :lol:) so when they come out of hell they have to walk a short disence :)

Why not build a little building at beam like a fountain of healing , but with restrictions offcourse, it would be cool taht if u go qsit in it u heal a lil more

well why dont you just throw in a new npc that will only heal players under lvl 6 and only oonce or twice per in game hour per person (like only 5 hp a heal) while your at it

lol sorry had to say something

i like the church idea is good. or some other type of building with beds in it, and we could click the beds and go to sleep, but not get hurt. sounds complicated, but it has been done in another game. i know we want eternal lands to be different from other games but it might wrk :) . maybe the sitting idea would be good. and only heal you a LITTLE bit faster, not heaps. or... (unless this already happens) the higher your food level, the faster you heal, and as your food level drops, you heal a bit slower. just an idea :lol:

bubsyneo