Eternal Lands Official Forums
Strahovsky

Blind Summons

Hello again, i come up with a new idea: A new Magic Spell named Blind Summons which avoid a creature or a player to summon any creature for a short period of time, it could be 1 minute. You cant recast it while the enemy is 'blinded'.

Magic Lvl 60

Reagents 10 Energy Essences, 10 Spirit Essences, 10 Matter Essences, 10 Death Essences

Magic exp given 400

Mana subracted 35

Sigils Remove Magic Knowledge

Take care,

Strahovsky.

Edited by Strahovsky

This would be way overpowered, not like magic lvl 60 is hard to get to if you want to and being safe from all summons is just not good.

This would be way overpowered, not like magic lvl 60 is hard to get to if you want to and being safe from all summons is just not good.

hello, please dont think a guy summoning beavers to try to kill another guy, and he cast blind to avoid it. I think the best example would be to cast this spell on a castellan, who summon several giants, and those giants summons several bears. There are overpowered creatures on EL and a this kind of spell could be helpful.

Take care.

hello, please dont think a guy summoning beavers to try to kill another guy, and he cast blind to avoid it. I think the best example would be to cast this spell on a castellan, who summon several giants, and those giants summons several bears. There are overpowered creatures on EL and a this kind of spell could be helpful.

Take care.

heh And You really think I was thinking about that, I thought you would be smarter then that and didn't leave an example but oh well My bad..

Castys can summon giants for a reason and this spell of yours would make that ability pretty much pointless and the castys would be too easy to kill, they were created the way they are for a reason.

If a skill is harder to level than another, it should also be harder to defeat. Way too many people have 78+ magic and to allow them more ability to undo the work of high level summoners would make summoning pretty useless.

This spell is too powerful, gives too many xp's, is too low level & uses to few mana points in my opinion. Even if it was tweaked it would unbalance the game, also why does it only target summoners & not blind warriors & wizards?

This spell is too powerful, gives too many xp's, is too low level & uses to few mana points in my opinion. Even if it was tweaked it would unbalance the game, also why does it only target summoners & not blind warriors & wizards?

what do you mean with to blind warriors and wizards? to blind em to cast spells?

Personally I don't like this suggestion I know first hand the amount of time and work spent to level summoning . I am currently level 93. For someone to be able to cast a spell and stop me from summoning is just wrong.

Well, while we are at it, why don't we take away the hard work of even more people? Why not a spell Called Ranging Immunity? You cast it and are immune to all ranging for 90 sec.. I am kidding of course. Why make things easier for those that are just too lazy to level a skill? Very bad idea, sorry.

There already is 'Smite summon' spell which is enough already, preventing summoners to not being able to summon is ridiculous

Personally I don't like this suggestion I know first hand the amount of time and work spent to level summoning . I am currently level 93. For someone to be able to cast a spell and stop me from summoning is just wrong.

we have magic immunity so mages cant cast spells for a while...

Well, while we are at it, why don't we take away the hard work of even more people? Why not a spell Called Ranging Immunity? You cast it and are immune to all ranging for 90 sec.. I am kidding of course. Why make things easier for those that are just too lazy to level a skill? Very bad idea, sorry.

you can save your ironic suggestions, ty

I get the feeling that strahovsky has an issue with summons. This is not his first suggestion against them. As BOO said there is already a spell against summons.

Edited by CherUT

I get the feeling that strahovsky has an issue with summons. This is not his first suggestion against them. As BOO said there is already a spell against summons.

I guess he is just too lazy to train summoning, and wants to ruin it for all those that spend their time training it. idk, and he calls me ironic LOL.

come on, its just an idea, and this is just a game, dont take it too personal... if the idea doesnt work ingame its ok, i can live with it.

are you guys afraid of changes?

Edit: Zenphon i didnt knew that this game is your life, so i apologize for trying to ruin it with my stupid idea.

Edited by Strahovsky

Changes can be very good. I'm just curious what you really have against summoning?

i have nothing against summoning skill, and this is not an issue for psychoanalysis, i repeat its just an idea, if wont work ingame its ok. Im just thinking if in 5 years we are gonna have the same magic skills ingame, and we all know what is going to happen, whats the point of it. We all have magic immunity and ive not read mages crying about it.

ok I am done but as i said I don't like this idea. As pointed out in this post there is already a magic skill against summons :)

When I read the title of the suggestion I already imagined summed creatures wandering aimlessly, not being able to fight, due to lack of vision by the spell. Also next thing in mind was a counter summon (stone) idea ‘guide dog” but alas this is not what was intended and indeed already as said before smite summons works for that.

Changes can be very good. I'm just curious what you really have against summoning?

i have nothing against summoning skill, and this is not an issue for psychoanalysis, i repeat its just an idea, if wont work ingame its ok. Im just thinking if in 5 years we are gonna have the same magic skills ingame, and we all know what is going to happen, whats the point of it. We all have magic immunity and ive not read mages crying about it.

Lol, MI was cried about A LOT, in particular the months after we suddenly got icons over our heads showing which spells we had cast. Just because you weren't here for it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Wards were introduced partly to give 'mages' a way to force vulnerability.

Either way, you have a few ways to get away from summons, a spell like this is totally not needed, and as others have said already, I think (the way you suggest it) is far too powerfull.

Lol, MI was cried about A LOT, in particular the months after we suddenly got icons over our heads showing which spells we had cast. Just because you weren't here for it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Wards were introduced partly to give 'mages' a way to force vulnerability.

Either way, you have a few ways to get away from summons, a spell like this is totally not needed, and as others have said already, I think (the way you suggest it) is far too powerfull.

maybe you are right and thank you for your post :)

I think, that might be an interesting idea.

Stop summonings hunting and attacking players.

But when they are close to them (one step away), they can smell/feel them and attack.

Which still might be funny for summoners in a crowded battle, someone will always be close to a summoned creature and get attacked, but summonings arent that deadly anymore, well, for 90 seconds, as suggested....

It might be interesting to discuss the range of that spell too. On an entire map, in a radius of 10 steps?

Piper

The idea in the form of a (location based) ward, rather than inflicting the actual player, might be more palatable.

edit: though on 2nd thought, it would still be annoying, and does increase the weight of riches, which for EL is generally a bad thing because riches are already weighted very heavily.

Edited by Korrode