Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vass_7

New Button

Why dont we make a new button in the action bar ? It can be a Duel button . The player click on it and the player that want to duel . Then a message apears on the other player's screen to Accept or Decline the duel . When the players duel and one of the players hp gets 20 or lower the duel automatic stops and the winner is crowded in the PK channel . This thing can also be handy for weaker players that are afraid to go to PK zones cuz they can be killed by mobs or other stronger players. What do you think ? :) OOOH ALMOST FORGOT !! The duels will be non-drop !

Edited by vass_7

Excellent idea.

Need to have an option for people to turn off duel requests though, because people could use it to spam someone and because some people will simply not be interested in dueling and won't want it popping up.

Excellent idea.

Need to have an option for people to turn off duel requests though, because people could use it to spam someone and because some people will simply not be interested in dueling and won't want it popping up.

indeed :) im very happy u liked it . I think ignoring people duels will be better for avoiding spams :) like : #ignore_duel [player] // I hope mods to see the topic :)

Edited by vass_7

My input:

1. when I accept your challenge, we both get transported to a special map where we duel and once someone wins we are automatically transported back to our previous locations. When I was very new, two people were fighting in Portland and I didn't know 'total war' existed so it really confused me when I saw people fighting there despite the encyclopedia saying it's not a PK map.

2. To make things interesting, you can only duel with the same person so many times every game day. Duel with other people too or wait till the next game day arrives.

3. Instead of #ignore_duels <player>, make it a #disable_duels/#enable_duels.

My input:

1. when I accept your challenge, we both get transported to a special map where we duel and once someone wins we are automatically transported back to our previous locations. When I was very new, two people were fighting in Portland and I didn't know 'total war' existed so it really confused me when I saw people fighting there despite the encyclopedia saying it's not a PK map.

2. To make things interesting, you can only duel with the same person so many times every game day. Duel with other people too or wait till the next game day arrives.

3. Instead of #ignore_duels <player>, make it a #disable_duels/#enable_duels.

Great but i think it will be good enough without the special map :) cuz this will make more work for this ... and u can duel as much times as you want :) not only once or twice :/ The duels will be non-drop . When the 2 players duel no other player around can heal/harm/poison/ etc etc etc to mess arround in their duel. We can make a Bet system . Like this: 2 players are ahead to duel other people can type #bet_<ammount gc> <player name> . So if the player they bet on win the ppl who Bet get twice the gold they bet :)

Great but i think it will be good enough without the special map :) cuz this will make more work for this ... and u can duel as much times as you want :) not only once or twice :/

But no exp in duels then, don't want riskless pvp training ofc.

Very good idea imo, especially seeing as the only non drop, not capped pk area is often inhabited by lots of "Pros" sitting and holding hands waiting to gank someone weaker than them.

Additionally, I personally would like you to be able to set restrictions on duels. For instance, no "orange spam" weapons/armors, or no engineering etc.

And yeah, no a/d exp and no mag exp for offensive spells (no easy pvping/MDing)

Very good idea imo, especially seeing as the only non drop, not capped pk area is often inhabited by lots of "Pros" sitting and holding hands waiting to gank someone weaker than them.

Additionally, I personally would like you to be able to set restrictions on duels. For instance, no "orange spam" weapons/armors, or no engineering etc.

And yeah, no a/d exp and no mag exp for offensive spells (no easy pvping/MDing)

Yes there wont be a a/d XP or mag XP on duels :) As Maxine said ok no crowding in ch 6 :) ill like mods to take care about this new function :) ill be very happy if we can use it after month or when its done :)))

Great but i think it will be good enough without the special map :) cuz this will make more work for this ... and u can duel as much times as you want :) not only once or twice :/ The duels will be non-drop . When the 2 players duel no other player around can heal/harm/poison/ etc etc etc to mess arround in their duel. We can make a Bet system . Like this: 2 players are ahead to duel other people can type #bet_<ammount gc> <player name> . So if the player they bet on win the ppl who Bet get twice the gold they bet :)

I think this part can be abused. Imagine that 2 ppl arrange fight 1 pr0 and 1 noob. It's easy and fast way to make incredibly amount of gold. i think it shoul be more like EL lottery. All bets are going to 1 bag and after one side win funds are gave out. 5-10% of bank could go to the winner.

I think this part can be abused. Imagine that 2 ppl arrange fight 1 pr0 and 1 noob. It's easy and fast way to make incredibly amount of gold. i think it shoul be more like EL lottery. All bets are going to 1 bag and after one side win funds are gave out. 5-10% of bank could go to the winner.

Oh right sorry ... I forgot about that . No bets .

Just have to make the bet mutual and only from the players. like each person bets 5kgc and the winner gets the whole 10kgc back.

then no new gc enters the game.

I think other plyers could bet too.

Formula for this:

a1,a2,a3,etc- player's bets for duel participant A

b1,b2,b3,etc- player's bets for duel participant B

S=( Σa+Σb )*0.9- bank lessened of prize for winner

Let duel participant A win the duel, then players a1,a2,a3,etc get:

c1=(a1/Σa)*S

c2=(a2/Σa)*S

c3=(a3/Σa)*S

etc.

Edited by learg

Formula for this:

c1=(a1/Σa)*S

c2=(a2/Σa)*S

c3=(a3/Σa)*S

etc.

Fancy Math, but too easy to rig these duels and the bets. And as a side note, you can always duel @ dpa and its no drop too.

I gave example when for both participants was betting 3 players. But the number of players betting can be various and don't have to be the same in 2 "sides". How many you can earn depends on how much you bet (your % share rises) and and sum of cash bet from second participant proponents (your effective profit rises).

Formula for this:

c1=(a1/Σa)*S

c2=(a2/Σa)*S

c3=(a3/Σa)*S

etc.

Fancy Math, but too easy to rig these duels and the bets. And as a side note, you can always duel @ dpa and its no drop too.

except dpa is capped both for a/d and attris, there is a chance to drop which people are afraid of, wards don't work etc. etc.

Excellent idea.

That's the way it's implemented in every single game I've played so far (including your "no xp" remark).

I agree there should be no risk of losing stuff (dropping or breaking).

Results of duels should be announced in local, no channel 6 spam.

The idea seems interesting, I'd like to see it in game.