Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
circe

DPA Tag War

Greetings EL :)

Cronus & I had an idea for a PK event & we would like to hear your thoughts & suggestions, we have never done anything like this before, so your input would be appreciated...

DPA Tag Team PK.. This will be a guild vs guild event, 3 members per team, only 1 from each team will be fighting at any one given time.

You can diss & tag another team member as often as you want/need, to continue fighting that opponent but if you do diss, a different member of your team has to fight.

You can trade within your own team but no trading with someone outside the arena, It will be a fight to the death or till your resorces run out.

If you walk out of the arena then that player is out of the contest.

Trading with someone outside the arena will result in your team being disqualified.

EVERY team member must fight, using a 3rd team member as only extra emu for resorces, will result in your team being disqualified.

Once you have been killed, that player is out of the contest (along with all the resorces they may have on them) hehehe

All armours/weapons would be allowed except items such as OSoMN, Ti shield of LD etc

No Brod, range, summons, mines or wards.

Guilds will be randonly selected to fight another, so you could end up facing friends/allies.

Once all teams have competed, the winning teams will then be randomly selected to fight another, so on & so forth, till we have only 2 teams remaining & then a winner.

Prizes will go to winning team, runners up & a third prize will go to a randomly selected team. (prizes determined if it goes ahead)

As i said before, this is a suggestion atm & subject to change on peoples views, ideas, as for being a guild vs guild event (if it does go ahead) we are hoping ppl will join in with the spirit of the things & use your actual guild members & not join a guild just for the event to create a stronger team.

Thanks for your time ;)

Great idea, sounds like fun! However ...

You can diss & tag another team member as often as you want/need, to continue fighting that opponent but if you do diss, a different member of your team has to fight.

You can trade within your own team but no trading with someone outside the arena, It will be a fight to the death or till your resorces run out.

This will take ages ....

All armours/weapons would be allowed except items such as OSoMN, Ti shield of LD etc

Why not? All tactics/strategies should be allowed IMHO.

Why not? All tactics/strategies should be allowed IMHO.

No.

Trust me.

It dunna work for arena PK comp if you allow those things.

In the old days i'd have wrote an essay detailing issues of balance, accessibility, luck-weight, riches-weight etc.

but i cba so u just believe ok

Sounds a really good idea, and fun event would gladly participate.

But i don't understand well ( probably because of bad english)

You say "only 1 from each team will be fighting at any one given time." so that means they are totally 2 players inside the arena?

and then you say "You can diss & tag another team member as often as you want/need". If i understand correctly you ll have to go out of arena after the diss?

But then you say that if you walk outside you are disqualified.

Devnul, I agree, the time added for allowing such options could make the event too long...perhaps only allow 1 diss per player per round?

& trades can only be done while 1 team member is fighting? (open to suggestion) ;)

Aravinth, the 2 guilds that are called to compete will be inside the arena & reamin there, 1 from each team fighting & the other 2 from each team, sat waiting to be tagged.

Sounds a bit complicated. People used to lose 1v1 contests by default because they didn't understand dissing rules.

Ok after reading it twice it makes sense. And sounds pretty fun. Good chance of it going balls up when someone re-enters the arena because "they didn't understand the rules" though.