Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
groomsh

Enhanced Harvester Medallion

As the title says, i suggest an "Enhanced Harvester Medallion".

I'll leave the ingredients up to you, but it could work like this:

1.) If you encounter an event that would break the medallion, it tries to subtract your MAX actions points.

If you don't have enough, it will break.

2.) Every harvesting event you get, decreases your action points. If you get to 0, next harvesting event destroys your medallion.

Edit: it's meant as one or the other, not both of course ;)

Edited by groomsh

As the title says, i suggest an "Enhanced Harvester Medallion".

I'll leave the ingredients up to you, but it could work like this:

1.) If you encounter an event that would break the medallion, it tries to subtract your MAX actions points.

2.) Every harvesting event you get, decreases your action points. If you get to 0, next harvesting event destroys your medallion.

That is totaly cool idea Groomsh. :icon13: :icon13:

I like it a lot

Edited by AitorTillas

Suggestion on ingredients:

10 Harvester Medallions

2 Fire Essence

10 Amber (keeping with the Action Point theme)

I know the other enhanced medallions are simply the same ings as their standard version + 1 Seridium Bar, but Harvester Medallions already have 1 Seridium Bar in their ings already. I suppose an alternate list of ings could be the same as Harvester Medallion + 1 Seridium Bar. Just a few thoughts.

A truly excellent suggestion Groomsh :icon13: nice.

I would like to add one more requirement for this enhanced harvmed to work.

You should have saved at least a certain numbers of action points in order to let it work.

I suggest a base of 200 acp or so, otherwise its very easy to wait a few minutes to get a few acp back from 0 and use it conveniently again.

Sort of like a rost for harvest meds. The problem with #2 is that you'll use APs up pretty fast and then the benefit is gone. #1 is better, but once you use up all your APs it's again useless for a couple/few days until you refill. But of the two ideas, #1 is better because it's more like a rose (one use) and then you stop using it until you "earn another rost" (full AP).

The suggested formula (10 meds) is WAY to much for such limited value.

I'd be fine with a much smaller cost (say 1 harvest med, amber, FEs) or a much longer benefit (the "rost effect" subtracts like 25 APs so you can keep using it longer).

Total thumbs up to this idea.

Raistlin's idea of action points being used as, in essence, an Insurance Policy though is spot on.

I have one issue though. Action Points regenerate at what 5-6 per hour with positive food? If each harvesting event took even one Action Point, I don't see how it would balance. It has been quite some time since I have had only 6 events in a full hour of harvesting anything.

<edited for balance>

Edited by ferngale

hmmmm, sorry i must hmmmm ;)

that would be a tool worth over 70k gc :o

what about it has excavator perk in it and you have to wear NMT cape or have the perk

for to have it not to break ?

just thinking of the afk harvesters or chatting and loosing track of the AP...

that would be a real pain loosing 70k gc that way :o

just my thoughts :pickaxe:

ust thinking of the afk harvesters or chatting and loosing track of the AP...

that would be a real pain loosing 70k gc that way :o

just my thoughts :pickaxe:

Well, there must be a downside to make it balanced... ;)

The down-side is that you don't have action points available for anything else because either you have to keep them maxed (#1) or because you're always using them up (#2). And that "price" will get even higher when (if) action points are used for more things in the future. A harvester using these enhanced meds are basically locked-out of anything else that uses action points.

Seems like a reasonable balance to me.

The down-side is that you don't have action points available for anything else because either you have to keep them maxed (#1) or because you're always using them up (#2). And that "price" will get even higher when (if) action points are used for more things in the future. A harvester using these enhanced meds are basically locked-out of anything else that uses action points.

Seems like a reasonable balance to me.

First of all, it's your choice to use and when to use it.

You don't have to take a rosto into PK areas, you can use cheaper equipment.

Also, what you describe here, is the situation if you're harvesting a lot, what means you're not doing anything else, so no need to worry about being without APs.

Your argument is the same like saying this to a fighter: don't wear the enhanced medallions into an instance, you will be locked-out of anything else that uses action points just to kill the boss monsters easier.

I can see that it might not fit the playing style of all, however that does not mean it's useless.

Believe me, i harvest a LOT and would gladly use all my action points with this medallion...

I like this idea too and I would be in favour of a fixed deduction of AP, as deducting max AP would penalise those with high rationality & reward those who have low rationality (& may lead harvers to remove rationality points). I think Raistlin's suggestion of 200 AP sounds like a good amount considering the benefit.

I would suggest ingredients should be 2x harvester medallion + 1x seridium bar costing 22.5k (which I think is a fair price for this item). Given that you may get several hours use for your AP or less than a minute depending on the mood of Mother Nature. I didn't include amber in recipe for this because AP points will be used by this item (not to harvest amber) & coupled with amber being used in its manufacture, it may lead to a shortage of amber for invances.

Edited by Cyrano

Hmm an almost indestructible harv med that transforms your AP to gold, yea that's very likely to happen.

Good luck :P

ohh if you worry for AP to be transformed to gold look again how much gold would you get in 1 month I don't think that for at least 1% if you have to have 10 harv meds for ings and more

besides if player is lazy and he's often AFK he may get 0 AP and after that destroyed E harv med

and if you don't believe me there are alot of people and human mistake is often I think there's going to be some E harv meds destroyed in first weeks of use

theoretical it's impossible that would be destroyed by all safety precautions but practically human mistake makes it possible

Hmm an almost indestructible harv med that transforms your AP to gold, yea that's very likely to happen.

Good luck :P

ohh if you worry for AP to be transformed to gold look again how much gold would you get in 1 month I don't think that for at least 1% if you have to have 10 harv meds for ings and more

Heh Most of the times I am getting a profit out of wearing a harv med (compared to what the harv med cost me), I can get more then 10kgc on just 1 harv med and most I got out of 1 harv med was round ~25k total..

If you encounter an event that would break the medallion, it tries to subtract your MAX actions points.

This could work, and I like the basic idea of equal opportunities for low and high end harvesters. But this solution goes too far in favoring low rationality. It is much faster to regain 80 action points (the minimum) than 300 or more. Not necessarily a bad thing, but isn't it better to subtract something in-between, like 200 or MAX if it is less than 200?

Every harvesting event you get, decreases your action points. If you get to 0, next harvesting event destroys your medallion.

Both options introduce a tool that never breaks with careful use, And 'careful' has another meaning. The harvester med loses much of its attraction, when instead of just wearing it and going AFK you need to pay constant attention to this monotonous activity or your valuable item breaks. So I have another suggestion:

3) instead of breaking, the med turnes into a 'defecated by Mother Nature harvester medallion' that you can attempt to cleanse (with ~80% of success) by sacrificing 50 amber to Lucaa on her altar.

3) instead of breaking, the med turnes into a 'defecated by Mother Nature harvester medallion' that you can attempt to cleanse (with ~80% of success) by sacrificing 50 amber to Lucaa on her altar.

That favors those who have full Inorganic Nexus but you probably knew that and did not care.

Oops, I did forget about inorganic nexus. Amber requirement can easily be relpaced by / combined with praying to MN with full action points. Using amber instead of points seemed more logical, as it embodies both the action points and indirectly the added cost of having a better medallion.

That favors those who have full Inorganic Nexus but you probably knew that and did not care.

You say that like it's impossible for players to buy amber anywhere.

Raistlin added good one, I agree with minimum AP recommended for use - 200 seems fair.

And reading it all again, I think I see the point why Alberich smiled - his point about indestructible medallion is wise. Radu can see it similar way and we won't get nothing :devlish:

So how about this: let the enhanced medallion work similar way like the iron stuff, price of upgrade is not so horrible (can imagine use of another precious bar than seridium like dvarium or tin) and enhanced medallion will degrade into normal one when it suppose to be broken. Keep the AP recommended amount for medallion use and also add some points draining on events.

And if you don't like AP drain only for harvest, feel free to grab common harvesting medallion.

So how about this: let the enhanced medallion work similar way like the iron stuff, price of upgrade is not so horrible (can imagine use of another precious bar than seridium like dvarium or tin) and enhanced medallion will degrade into normal one when it suppose to be broken. Keep the AP recommended amount for medallion use and also add some points draining on events.

This is a very good idea, i like it! :icon13:

The biggest problem with this idea is macro harvesting. From time to time macroing is still a problem. They do get caught, btw. ;) Rat tokens make regaining ap really easy. It's simply a 24/7 harv fest for someone macroing.