Eternal Lands Official Forums
groomsh

Harvester Medallion break rate

I would like to ask, if the chance to break a harvester medallion was changed (to break more) ?

Recently the medallions are breaking really a lot. And it's not just my own observation :/

I think they have I have broken several this week including one harvest trip where i broke 3. Yes they can check it I broke 3 harvest medallions in less then 5 mins. I always carry 2 with me and i went to storage to get 2 more when those 2 broke and pow within 20 seconds the third broke. And to think i was there harvesting coal to make more then i said screw this and logged off. it takes awhile to harvest items for this product and to lose 3 takes alot of harvesting to replace them.

Yeah, in the past it was like sometimes 3 per day and sometimes one last a week - about one med per 2-3 days when I was harvesting a lot. Does not sound too bad.

But... lately, I break one or two almost every day, no matter what my astro is, even when I harvest only a little and was afk through the whole day... everytime I loose a medallion, getting pretty annoying lol

And if I remember correct, their break rate was lowered some time ago, no?

I think it's a curse! Count me in club of doomed harvesters :evilgrin::pickaxe:

Same here.

I use an Indicator every day, use to harvest with good harvest astro and mix with bad.

But lately it seem that astro don't work, events and breaking seem random and many meds are breaking.

Have been thinking of that maybe astro and indicators are out of sync.

Almost stopped playing, sitting afk in storage or mixing what I still have to mix.

It seems like the break rate changed late spring. During the previous 18 months, I always harvested with a harv med.

When I break one, I always check my harv/degrade astro; they have generally broken my when harvesting events astro is very green. I hate mini-events, and have gladly paid the cost of buying and/or making harvest medallions to avoid them, until recently.

Now, they break so quickly and unpredictably, I can no longer afford to wear one most of the time that I'm harvesting. I get very frustrated, and often, like Zamirah, just sit around sto afk. Harvesting isn't particularly fun with or without a harv med, but it's a necessary part of the game to succeed as an all-rounder.

I did not change the rate of the breaks. The chance for it to break is triggered at each harvesting event, so if your astro gives more harvesting events, you have a higher chance to break it.

sure feels like something changed. I started playing few months ago and until today I had 965k items harved and 43 harv meds broken (over 22k items per medallion), today I harvested 13.6k items and broke 8 of them (1.7k items per medallion). I've been harvesting with both red and green astro and never broke more than 3 in a day, today was half-way green and I didn't even harv that much, just some flowers and some coal.. I'm afraid to wear one now..

I had 965k items harved and 43 harv meds broken (over 22k items per medallion)

Interesting stats, let's assume they are correct and today's are just bad luck.

Let's also assume we provide the EE/ME for our own harvester meds, which means harvesting another ~3k items per med - subtract these from 22k and you get 19k, because 3k items have been spent on the new harvester med.

So you get only 19 out of 22 items for use.

To compensate for this, the harvesting would need to be at least 16% more effective, while wearing harvester med. (16% = 22/19-100%)

One sixth extra value for your work, does the med give this to us? I can't tell...

However, as of late, i've been using them sparsely, because just from my feel they seem to cost more than they return

Edited by aredhel

LOL

You conveniently leave out the extra exp and the extra gold you get, plus the time you save.

I actually intended to give no rating on this, the last line of my previous post was a bit out of context

Those extra XP and gc would require an extra study from our side - I believe Burn and groomsh did one long ago

At malameo's break rate, I actually think they are sure worth using - 16% loss is not much!...

ok and now i'll shut up on this- and go for a larger bunch of sunflowers while WEARING meds.

Edited by aredhel