Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
purplehaze

Need advice please

Please forgive me if wrong thread; I use forums mainly from mobile and do not know of a specific thread for this type of issue. The "Help" topic seemed more about connecting issues.

My daughter (_Savannah_) and I (PurpleHaze) both enjoy playing EL. Savannah is 9 yrs old, has finally chosen her EL career & needs guidance (heck, so do I). As I can only help her with advice, being on same IP, we make every conscious effort to not break the game rules. I DO NOT trade with her & it had occurred to me that both of us trade back & forth between the same people. If some of the items being traded are the same item or of comparable value, is there any way to avoid being suspected of cheating? I can imagine how this can look from an Admin's point of view, but imo, 'cheating' would be deliberate (with knowledge & intent) rule breaking. We're tring to avoid this. We are not troublemakers & I do not fully trust the intentions of everyone I associate with in game. With my <100% confidence I fully understand rule 5 anyway, I'd feel terrible if I ruin the game for Savannah & vice-versa. Any advice would be helpful & humbly appreciated.

I guess there is distinct difference between family traded items and multichar traded items. Either in volume or sort of items and mods are (or at least should be) able to tell the difference. I have been playing on the same IP as my guildmaster for years and never had any problems with rulebreaking. And we've traded sometimes very unevenly, I've borrowed him e.g. 5k coal which could look suspicious. But there is more than trading to differ between cheater and family. Chars behave some way and two people will be acting differently that one person controlling two chars...

I appreciate the reply :) I can understand but can't justify taking the risk since that IS against the rules, right? I guess what I mean is the Mods don't HAVE to believe that we're 2 different people.

I had a scenario yesterday where three of us went to train in summoning arena. I had just made 3k life ess but Savannah and the other player had none. I gave the other player some of mine & suggested to Savannah to go buy some. I was afraid the other player was going to give her what I just gave them. That would look very suspicious. If I hadn't known and Savannah just thought they were a gift, that could have meant a death sentence for the two of us.

I just don't know how to NOT raise red flags...

I am no mod or any EL authority, but two separate people on two separate chars on the same IP can trade between each other as much as they please. But it has to be apparent, that none char serves as a mule, storage or whatever. If by their actions is apparent, they are two different people, it should not matter whether they have same IP or not. But as I said before, I'm mere regular player, so if you want this 100% confirmed, you should ask some moderators, specifically Aislinn for this matter I guess.

I think your best action is use #help_me in game with a question about your trading on the same IP. That will get you in contact with a moderator, who will either know the answers you need or can tell you who to contact.

Edited by revi

If you are worried, pm radu or aislinn a photo of u and ur daughter, and specify who is who, and then it SHOULD be ok. but I am no mod so :D

Definitely the best answer is to ask a mod using #help_me. That way a mod can talk to you in person and we will know exactly what your specific situation is and can guide you accordingly.

Every case is different so a blanket statement of "yes families and significant others and friends can play on the same IP" can't be given. Some people are on special restrictions after breaking the rules, some people don't tell the truth, some people have abused the "permission" so to speak, in various ways. Most are exactly as they say they are and have no troubles whatsoever, however it's the minority few that get in trouble that get the most airtime so of course that is what looks to be a common problem.

Yeah, I remember asking this myself. At the time it was SO long ago that my mother and I were told that we couldn't trade, soon after that though, Radu/Entrophy just had us send a RL photo with pieces of paper that had our RL names on them.

Even after the Green Light, Calla and I still avoided trading. Of course, later on, Calla moved out and got her own IP. Just the same, anyone who couldn't tell us apart had no brains, lol. :P

It's ALWAYS best to ask admin (or even moderators, but even at that, you will get different answers, Aislinn and Radu and the best choice for this mainly because THEY will be the ones to handle you if you become a problem).

Welcome to the game, btw, if you see me in game, don't hesitate to say hi :)

Thank you ALL for the info. It is situations like this that remind me there are still ppl willing to go out of their way to help others in EL. I love this game and frankly, I wasn't confident I get an honest or non-sarcastic answer in game. I will be heeding to the suggestions posted here.

If you are worried, pm radu or aislinn a photo of u and ur daughter, and specify who is who, and then it SHOULD be ok. but I am no mod so :D

That is a good way.

Of course, Aislinn there usually deals with the multi-player accused, I believe.

I used to play with my wife when we were still together. We did #help_me and got mods to help us with proof of individuality. We got warned to not trade unevenly. We got warned not to control each other's character under any circumstance. If we did control the same character, it would be a "shared character" which would make each character we own being alts of eachother which would make trading between them be multi-play.

I always advise people to do "#help_me I need proof of individuality", explain the circumstances and try not to do uneven trades or control each other's characters.

I have heard of many players being caught for multi-play and even some family members and friends getting in trouble at least for a little bit because of rule 5. It was a very good idea for you to post and ask questions. I hope all turns out well for you and your daughter.

By the way, you said you understand rule 5. That does not mean your daughter does. Good luck trying the rules (especially that one) to her.