Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CherUT

120+ invance 8-12-2011

I would like to try to plan an invance for tomorrow at 8 Pm EST If you are interested please let us know :)

I would love to...that is, if one is not already ran yet.

One question Cher...Why is your time zone the only one that has to post on the forums to get an invance?

I would like to try to plan an invance for tomorrow at 8 Pm EST If you are interested please let us know :)

Would like an invace at that time. count me in :icon13:

I would love to...that is, if one is not already ran yet.

One question Cher...Why is your time zone the only one that has to post on the forums to get an invance?

Consider it that much harder.

I quit running them.

Somebody else can listen to this nonstop bullshit.

NP I was told to ask and I did, got told no. I try to plan and doesnt work.............. Damned if you do and damned if you dont. its no suprise though tbh

oh yeah, agree with Thyralax - I saw this disaster to happen, especially in the other topic (invances, invasions, special days) :icon4:

I believe mods don't like everyone complaining at them, it makes them LESS likely to give you invasions/toys/sweeties. You'll just annoy them to a point where they get no enjoyment from sacrificing THEIR time to benefit the community. Mods have stopped doing invasions for these reasons before, and I'm sure it'll happen again. People don't learn it seems.

OMG look i can predict the future.

Good job guys!

I'm not sure where the bitching and complaining was in this thread. It's simple I tried to plan an invance, someone asked why I am the only 120+ invance timezone that has to plan or post in forums. instantly people get offended. tbh it was a very valid question afaik there has not been any other 120+ that had to post a plan its one of them things dont ask and you wont get, ask and yoiu wont get. As far as begging more of that comes from the time zone that gets the invances than the ones that dont. So BB and anyone else who.thinks they know everything, please visit my other thread and give some positive suggestions on how to make this fair.

There's the complaining Cher.

And planning an invance on the forums is a good thing, done politely as it is in this case. I'd applaud you for this

And my suggestion (not to you specifically Cher) is stop complaining, be polite, be grateful when you do get invances and not expect them regularly, if the way they're implemented in the game stays the same.

Personally i'd like them to become randomized, GIWS style.

First off, I apologize to Zenphon for singling him out.

As has been stated, a simple request is not the problem. Please don't play dumb and innocent with "where's the complaining?".

The problems are these:

1. When a "no, it can't be run because ______" response is given, it immediately triggers insults, complaints about how they are run, complaints about when they are run, complaints about which level is run, accusations about running them for only chosen select favorite "pets", snide remarks and intentional provoking actions and comments designed to what - guilt me into giving them their way?, whining about how their timezone is always left out, etc etc etc.

2. I am tired of people trying to pit radu off against myself, by running to one if the other says no and trying to sneak it in. Honestly, it's exactly like children playing their parents off against each other. Grow up.

3. The greed and selfishness I see is incredible, not just in the asking but in the behavior when it's not their turn. Please notice they are called "special" invasions. Not daily invances or ordinary multiple times a day invances. Even the haidir dailies don't offer that much experience daily, only a lucky occasional assignment gives such rewards, and even then only comparable to an invance on a sun tzu day.

4. As usual, it is a loud handful of people who manage to ruin things for everyone else. There's a few in several time zones and levels that really have made this unpleasant. Funny how there are some people who truly have a legitimate "complaint" and yet those people have been the most civil and courteous. I have no problem going out of my way to attempt to accomodate them.

5. The definition of "fair". No matter how many times and places I try to explain precisely how this is supposed to work, people choose to ignore it, or feel they are special enough to not have it apply to them. The instructions I received from radu are:

Run 1 or 2 invances each day.

Vary the times you run them.

Vary the levels you run each day.

So obviously if I am to do that, that means that 120+ is not going to be run every day, let alone twice in one day. It also means it won't always be run for one specific group, which I know I at least, have been working very hard to accomplish. I have told people who ask early in the day "no, because I am running one later." I have said "no, because you all just ran your level and now want to undercap in this one you are asking for immediately after you just finished." I've also run them later and had the very people I was running them for say "Oh darn, I have to leave and can't do it" and then watched them run around and complain they aren't getting them run for them. I have tried to get the other levels going and have even run them without enough people, which ended in losses of course. And guess what: all I heard was "Why them? Why not level ___???" It's supposed to be for everyone.

I don't want to hear "damned if you do and damned if you don't" from any of you. That is just pure BS. I'm pretty sure everyone involved knows exactly how it sounds and gets interpreted and meant exactly what they said. This thread was just a mild continuation of what went on (and always goes on) in @6.

I for one have no interest in hearing it anymore, and have found the way to stop hearing it. I'm not looking for thanks, or "grateful". I'm looking to not hear this anymore.

Let me be clear for our selective readers. This is not about everyone, not even about most people. The ones it applies to know who they are.

(Also the discussion about whether or not they are automated is immaterial. They aren't and we are discussing what we have, not what should be, could be, or might not be.)

No aislinn I was never playing dumb first off, a continuation to channel 6? I was told no, one was already ran today, fine the only way to fix that was make a plan for one which I attempted to do. Perhaps instead of getting pissed off and saying fine I won't run them anymore a little imput on just how the hell you and radu want us to handle these situations would have helped. Instead I'm told wtf. I have never asked or expected them daily or even frequent did not realise asking for one once in awhile was a problem . Let's see how many have been ran in the usa evening vs them ran in the euro evening. I never posted this for only my own benefit, I posted on behalf of them in my timezone. At this point you flat said you're done running them, so I won't ask again. You made your point, imo everyone sees the patern of.when they are ran. Most sit back quietly for fear off pissing someone off and getting banned for voicing their opinion . Sorry I don't. If I get banned from forums or game its the price I pay for saying how I feel. Anyway sorry to have wasted your time, was never my intention. My intention was simply to help myself and others in my timezone having a little fun and variety in a game we all play to have fun.

Oh please, stop exaggerating. Who the heck is banning you anywhere? Who even mentioned it?

The only "situation" that needs handling is the one where nobody is ever happy no matter how many of anything they get.

I didn't say anyone said it Aislinn, as I said it would be nice to know how both you and radu would have liked us to request. But I'm done trying . Enjoy :)

I can't complain, because I was in almost all invances so far, but i can understand the frustration of other people.

Likewise, i can understand the outrage of the mods... its similar of someone spitting in your face then asking "come help me, do this command plz". I saw Aislinn building teams herself for 40-60 and 80-100 invances even, this is a clear sign of good will at least.

Invances are an extremely popular feature of this game atm, and i guess most players would want some kind of automation instead of the constant flame wars.

Errr..

I was the first to complain about invances... I didnt mean to cause all this trouble to you Aislinn. Im sorry for that.

If its causing to many problems on modarating, i suggest to stop running them till its automated.

Aislinn tnx for trying to make it work for most ppl. The few ive been able to get in i thank to you.

3. The greed and selfishness I see is incredible, not just in the asking but in the behavior when it's not their turn. Please notice they are called "special" invasions. Not daily invances or ordinary multiple times a day invances. Even the haidir dailies don't offer that much experience daily, only a lucky occasional assignment gives such rewards, and even then only comparable to an invance on a sun tzu day.

Just reduce the exp they get from an invance a little bit and players will take it easier.