Eternal Lands Official Forums
arxan

potion of fortune

Hello

i have an idea for a new high level potion. I thought about a potion of fortune, effect is that it changes your astro. The ings should be valuable because such a potion could save a Day of recycling or your expensive armor when you plan to go to an instance.

Recipe could be:

1 grape

1 EME *

2 wine

100 black roses

1 empty vial

thus we have a nice use for the grapes and also a very high lvl potion item :).

What do you think about this?

*ared :w00t:

Edited by arxan

I love this idea! Nice recipe as well... well, I don't know whether it's too valuable a mix of ingredients (EME), but maybe it's really worth the effort for a recycling day or a dangerous but lucrative hunting trip.

Really nice one, arxan!

thx for this nice feedback. i made it so expensive because of the sceptic perk if you make it cheap the perk makes no more sense because you can "buy" good astro.

questions questions :) what kind of duration you had in mind? same as the other boost potions? and the effect, the "change" would that be also the same (+5)? and only positive or also a chance of negative?

hey nardo :)

i thought about a permanent change of the astro not for a specific duration so a change not a boost. No i dont think that there should be a chance to get more neg astro.

i thought about a permanent change of the astro not for a specific duration so a change not a boost. No i dont think that there should be a chance to get more neg astro.

Like the Armor Piercing potion ?

Hello

i have an idea for a new high level potion. I thought about a potion of fortune, effect is that it changes your astro. The ings should be valuable because such a potion could save a Day of recycling or your expensive armor when you plan to go to an instance.

Recipe could be:

1 grape

2 wine

100 black roses

1 empty vial

thus we have a nice use for the grapes and also a very high lvl potion item :).

What do you think about this?

Yeah! a use for almost useless grapes.

I'd suggest adding small dragon scales too.

Like the Armor Piercing potion ?

no i meant only for the day but not only a specific time. it should make it better and from there it gets to negative like normal. perhaps a chance could decide if it gets better or worse.

how about flip? that is astro = astro*-1

if you had bad astro you'll have good, if you had good astro - it will be bad and if your astro was neutral there would be no effect

the more negative your astro was the more profit from drinking the potion, don't know if astro prediction could be flipped too... but the "effect ware off" would be that astro keeps changing as it does usually

that's what I'd like :)

if you had bad astro you'll have good, if you had good astro - it will be bad and if your astro was neutral there would be no effect

So far the funkiest idea for it's effect- i'm starting to like the idea, now, ... and it will be another blow for all those skeptics out there ...hehe :D

interesting, and great use for grapes! simply reversing the astro is bad though. let's say increased rare or recycling starts, and you have ~0 astro and it's going down. you could reverse it and still get 0 and if it would still go down it would be a disaster :P it should bring you to the point when your astro is 1/3 green and goes up or something like it.

it should also be different for every astro (recipes using skill pots / accu pots / hammers for degrade astro :P) since each astro is separate I think.

… and they are all effected, if for instance you have finished the instance in the outfit which you would not wear before and decide afterwards its time to make some more ( for example ) magic essences or weapons/armour, and notice then that your previously nice and green astro for this has turn red, you would need another potion.

I also think it’s a funky suggestion but also still think this suggestion is very vague and needs more pondering regarding effects and duration, ingredients, quantity produced by ingredients and availablility ( level required and perhaps AP used )

… and they are all effected, if for instance you have finished the instance in the outfit which you would not wear before and decide afterwards its time to make some more ( for example ) magic essences or weapons/armour, and notice then that your previously nice and green astro for this has turn red, you would need another potion.

I also think it’s a funky suggestion but also still think this suggestion is very vague and needs more pondering regarding effects and duration, ingredients, quantity produced by ingredients and availablility ( level required and perhaps AP used )

you wanna say you play game more than 25 hours a day?

than you don't need this potion at all

I think the point is that you don't get always bad astro espacelly if your work termin is

12/24

The answer is no, 2-4 hours average, don’t understand your question/conclusion, but lets not derail and keep this suggestion post on-topic.