Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Let creatures wander to neighboring maps

There are no borders between most maps but many NPCs talk about being border guards to defend against wandering creatures. It is time to let creatures wander!

I am not sure how the game is programmed but if a creature is in area of sign (or other mechanism such as a cave entrance or boat) and moves to where sign is then it may 'use' the sign and be transported to next map and we have a wandering creature on a map it was not spawned on. An example: a Mountain Chimerian Wolf is at north part of map of Ruins of Tirnym; as part of move algorithm its move would be by sign so it is moved to White Stone and we have a loose Mountain Chimerian Wolf on White Stone (maybe an alert goes out like one for rat out of dung heap). Its next move my move it elsewhere on White Stone or if it selects area of sign could return to Ruins of Tirnym.

The programmers would need to determine which maps had 'defense gaps' through which monsters could possibly wander through. Maps might include submaps such as skeletons exiting Portland mine, etc. Obviously boat to IP would not be vulnerable.

No. That would ruin every map for every newer player. And every midrange player for that matter.

Creatures of certain strengths remain on certain maps for a reason. Not everyone plays for a/d.

I am kinda oldie here in EL, and i remember when the C2 got introduced, and instead of flags to other maps there was portals... It was a mess, if you want a spawn in trassian you had to hunt the damn monster all over c2...

I like much more the way it is now, the monsters only "travel" in NPC stories...

Ok Saxum can you please explain why if you want mobs to be able to roam you would post this in my topic about invances, invasions and special days?

I like invances even though I do not attend since they generally replace invasions which are a lot more disruptive to those not participating. Invasions are especially annoying when an ice dragon or other special creatures are left behind because 'not worth effort' but *NO* amount of effort will allow me to clear map and do what I was planning on whether it was training, harvesting or a quest.

I am talking about a single creature or two which happened to be near border not mobs or what happens in invasions where the meanest, toughest monsters are left on map for hours.

As most know I am not a big fighter and train rarely except for Haidir quests and hunting. As I said designers could choose which borders have holes in from which monsters could slip through. This would be a lot less dangerous that invasions which lots of people do not have trouble with in this game.

In this example a chimmy would cross over to WS a big map that is safe for newbies during daytime, this would make the map unsafe at all times and there are alot of things a new player would need in WS - this idea would perhaps get them killed and lose their hard earned items and fun in playing and log out..

We have Lenny on C2 so it is possible to have a creature changing maps but having agressive creatures doing it on C1 is a very bad idea, NC and WS would have fluffs/cycs/ogres/trolls/armed orcs comming in to them from SKF and WS would also have the chimmys from RoT/GP. And since they would be able to change maps they would be able to get further off from those maps to other maps causing alot of problems.

C1 should be as "safe" as it is now so new player will have a chanse to learn the game and explore other maps without risking to get killed by a random monster what ever map they are on, some maps are safe some aint.

C1 should be as "safe" as it is now so new player will have a chanse to learn the game and explore other maps without risking to get killed by a random monster what ever map they are on, some maps are safe some aint.

:icon13:

I can imagine IDA lion or IRIN tiger going for a walk and whole bunch of "daily heroes" cursing all the way. :omg:

:icon13:

There are no borders between most maps but many NPCs talk about being border guards to defend against wandering creatures. It is time to let creatures wander!

I am not sure how the game is programmed but if a creature is in area of sign (or other mechanism such as a cave entrance or boat) and moves to where sign is then it may 'use' the sign and be transported to next map and we have a wandering creature on a map it was not spawned on. An example: a Mountain Chimerian Wolf is at north part of map of Ruins of Tirnym; as part of move algorithm its move would be by sign so it is moved to White Stone and we have a loose Mountain Chimerian Wolf on White Stone (maybe an alert goes out like one for rat out of dung heap). Its next move my move it elsewhere on White Stone or if it selects area of sign could return to Ruins of Tirnym.

The programmers would need to determine which maps had 'defense gaps' through which monsters could possibly wander through. Maps might include submaps such as skeletons exiting Portland mine, etc. Obviously boat to IP would not be vulnerable.

It seems most people reading this have overlooked what I changed to bold text.

The idea does seem logical. As others have pointed out, it might ruin some maps if the critters run onto a map with a usually weaker set of critters. Of course, Haidir quests and other "kill this" quests might be a little more difficult if your critter ran onto another map. Most likely, if a critter from a map with weaker critters wanders onto a map with stronger critters, the guards would not pay any attention to it...unless they decide to kill and eat it.

A bunch of the boats are connected by boat. Only some are connected by land.

PV and Ida could probably be lax on their shared border and things could even get out of the cave in NW PL. They have the same level of monsters anyways.

PV and Irsis could probably swap critters too.

There is a gate on the eastern side of Irsis, so critters probably could not travel between there and EVTR.

*is trying to remember why the outhouse creature was changed into innocent rodent*

*is trying to remember why the outhouse creature was changed into innocent rodent*

Becuase if the Mare Bulangiu went on a single combat map, no body would go kill, even sometimes on a multi map, so they changed it

while reading this I got an idea

C1 is very protective and alot of things is pre designed how MOBs should act WS for example so newbies get a feeling at danger and safety

C2 during night fall same as C1 WS but whole C2

I think we should get start thinking of C3 for 1. post but I think we need alot more players first for C3

C3 gave me idea during night fall packs of MOBs would change maps so players would be very confused (some maps sometimes safe (only grags in it) some maps very dangerous dragons in it)

well my idea is a pacs of MOBs would move: example

map 1 grags

map 2 orcs

map 3 dragons

night fall

map 1 dragons

map 2 grags, grags

map 3

and if you kill all dragons you would still get them in pack so map 1

I know I'm explaining somehow messy

and maybe some new MOB for C3 just a few like at C2 lenny

a mob that would see you even if you are invisible

I can imagine IDA lion or IRIN tiger going for a walk and whole bunch of “daily heroes” cursing all the way. :omg:

yea just like that.. :D that idea might be fun for a week or so, but it's for players who know EL more and when they wear expensive armor most of the times they have diss/rosto, but imagine a mcw getting into ws coal cave and killing there 10+ harvers of which most of them wear col and I bet they do not all have rostogol...

I have mixed feelings about the idea, but it could be interesting and limited by assigning lvls to maps (IP 0, WS 10, naralik 20, tirnym 100 and so on), and creatures would have limited time in other maps: obviously nothing should go to IP ever, a spider from nara could wander to MM for 10 minutes and then go back to spawn, lion from ida could wander to to Irsis for 10 minutes (and then go back to his spawn making someone happy, but this wouldn't happen very often)

and mcw could wander to WS for _only_ as long as 2-3 minutes, enough to attack someone standing near the flag, not enough to go to other maps or to sto.

I don't know about boats etc, since that would make theoretically possible for MCW from gp to appear in PL city, but with some more restrictions this could happen. would be fun to watch someone get attacked by cyclops/fluffs in NC ;)