Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Merlux

Merlux

I guess after nine months or trading with everyone, it does add up.

Since I've had no conversation with anyone, I guess I'm banned for eternity?

The standard penalty is: 1 month ban, you get to keep one character (you can chose which) and depending on the circumstances a partial or total items wipe.

The standard penalty is: 1 month ban, you get to keep one character (you can chose which) and depending on the circumstances a partial or total items wipe.

K ty

Quick question, being married, is it only one char or can we get both back?

Edited by Merlux

I merged your topics so I don't have to say everything twice.

Please provide a picture with each of you in front of your own computer (in the same picture) with EL up and your error messages when you try to log in.

If the picture is satisfactory, I will unlock both characters.

That said, if I unlock both characters, there can be no more alts, no sharing either direction with each other or anybody else even if they are not in your household, and no more trading with each other no matter where you are playing from. The no trading includes regular trades, middlemen, bag drops, hyperspace bags, and any other way people find to get around that.

This applies to both of you.

Please provide a picture with each of you in front of your own computer (in the same picture) with EL up and your error messages when you try to log in.

That said, if I unlock both characters, there can be no more alts, no sharing either direction with each other or anybody else even if they are not in your household, and no more trading with each other no matter where you are playing from. The no trading includes regular trades, middlemen, bag drops, hyperspace bags, and any other way people find to get around that.

First

"no sharing either direction with each other or anybody else"

So no harvest parties with anyone at all? No helping noobs?

Second -> where do you want the picture sent to?

First

"no sharing either direction with each other or anybody else"

So no harvest parties with anyone at all? No helping noobs?

Second -> where do you want the picture sent to?

Ok I can read and hear, no need to scream it that loud.

You can work on guild projects as long as both of you are not working on the same projects. I want to see NO interaction of any sort between Merlux and mona_lisa if both get unlocked and that includes middleman activity such as guildies or same-bag participation would be. My comment was to highlight that, as an example but not limited to only this, if say you were to play from work and mona_lisa from home, you still can't trade in any form (see above) even though you are not in the same location at that given moment.

Under no circumstances can you share characters with anybody else no matter what the situation.

You can send a link if you upload it to a hosting site via forum pm, or you can send an actual picture to my email address that you can find on the main site.

Perhaps to clarify:

As I understand it, "Sharing a character" means that more than one person uses a character, either at the same time as his own character or at any other time. This implies that the shared character is an alt of all users of the character.

Hope this helps.

Perhaps to clarify:

As I understand it, "Sharing a character" means that more than one person uses a character, either at the same time as his own character or at any other time. This implies that the shared character is an alt of all users of the character.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Revi, that is how I thought of it, but apparently not.

Aislinn the reason I am here was to help others including Mona_Lisa and myself, if I cannot help Mona_lisa with trading of an item or something she needs, (like I would for any guidie) then unlock Mona_Lisa only, as I will be joining your opposition and playing there.

Also we do not get any error messages, we get the login screen and that is it.

Thanks.

Reasonable helping is one thing but there were multiple characters all massively "helping" which is not allowed.

And once you break the rules, there are restrictions, which you brought on yourself, or at least one of you did.

I agree with that, but the third party (that created this mess) has been disabled from using EL (by me). I just don't want to disable Mona_Lisa because I helped her out. What is reasonable amount of trading?

If we harvest party with others we cannot divide the takings? (you stated earlier, we cannot work on the same project). If you say yes to this, unlock Mona_lisa only!

I agree with that, but the third party (that created this mess) has been disabled from using EL (by me). I just don't want to disable Mona_Lisa because I helped her out. What is reasonable amount of trading?

If we harvest party with others we cannot divide the takings? (you stated earlier, we cannot work on the same project). If you say yes to this, unlock Mona_lisa only!

Well here's the problem. You claim all the other characters were your son's yet I see mona_lisa and merlux massively trading with them too. I was told by mona_lisa she had no knowledge of any of them yet I see many trades by both of you with all but one of those characters. And those characters traded amongst themselves too.

So somebody isn't telling me the truth. 8 characters and all but one with massive trades with each other.

So I will say it again. Whoever did it, one of you, two of you, three of you, doesn't matter. You are on no alts, no sharing, no trading since I really can't believe it was all your son's fault. He either used your characters or you both knew perfectly well what was going on, if not actively participating too and using those characters.

This is what happens when the situation gets abused. The restrictions are based on your actions, not my unreasonableness or unwillingness to allow reasonable trading between spouses, which I might add, you DID have until I saw this.

Ok my turn to say a few things.

"If the picture is satisfactory, I will unlock both characters."

When asked a month ago you where not interested in a picture or any other proof from us.

"I want to see NO interaction of any sort between Merlux and mona_lisa if both get unlocked and that includes middleman activity such as guildies or same-bag participation would be."

So in essences we both cannot maintain our bot that we share with 1 other player. We cannot do projects together which is what our guild is about, being helpful to all.

And lastly Thank You Honey (for those who still don't know Merlux is my husband of 14 years) for your support, but it doesn't look good for either of us.

No, I said you would still be locked for the month which is standard policy. I pointed you to the thread which explains that, as well.

No, I said you would still be locked for the month which is standard policy. I pointed you to the thread which explains that, as well.

OK i have been back over our conversation, and i don't see that stated anywhere. I see where you directed me to the thread I see my reply asking what proof was need as per thread. I see you saying in reply, "It's not that simple, nor will you be unlocked." But i don't see you saying that I would have to wait the month to find out what proof was needed.

We have waited the just over a month, and I would like to get back to my game and friends.

You wanted an immediate unlock, to which I replied you were not going to be unlocked then, even with "proof" and explained why, which again has been covered in this thread, which still has not been satisfactorily answered. (You know, all those characters you knew nothing about per your own words that you traded with many times).

It's late here (after midnight), I'm going to bed, and you think about how you want to explain that and I'll think about whether I want to have a storage wipe done first.

I see a bunch of lies and I'm not anxious to unlock without the truth and with a lot of illgotten gains still on that character.

So far Merlux ignored that whole issue other than blaming it all on your son, (he traded too with them so he knew about them at the very least of the possible problem), he didn't even appear to know mona_lisa and I talked about it, at least his original posts indicated that. Curious. And then mona_lisa's claim you had no knowledge that these other characters exist while happily trading with them many times. And you ignore that little technicality too. Then you pull the self-righteous card on me?

Never did!!

If your refering to the post earlier...

You don't talk to your wife?

This entire issue was discussed in depth with mona_lisa.

I figured you were being sarcastic and didn't deserve a reply, what i meant was I have done no pms with anyone.

Of course I talk to my wife, everyday.

As for her gains, I believe most have come from other players, and if they were allowed to post would state that too.

There are many couples in game, both happily playing and often in the same guild. The big difference is that they do not have any involvement with a 3rd, 4th ... char that they traded with on the same IP. Once that happens you lose the right to having reasonable trades amongst characters from that same IP and you can no longer work on the same guild project or trade with the same bot. You brought this penalty upon yourself. It does not matter who played the character(s) that had massive trades, blaming a 3rd party does not change the penalty. The no trades, no alts, no sharing is a standard penalty in cases of breaking rule 5. You are lucky that you got offered a deal where, with proof, you can keep two characters. In case of massive trading, like your case, a storage wipe is also common and might be applied.

Bottom line:

You broke the rules, you get punished. Nobody else to blame.

As for her gains, I believe most have come from other players, and if they were allowed to post would state that too.

A piece of unsolicited advice:

Stop skirting around the issue of the trading between more characters than just your's and your wife's primary characters. Just truthfully list all the characters used from you IP, who's they really are, if they were shared, and admit to any illegal multiplay... and apologise.