Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Kraken

Unable to log into kraken

Guest Kraken

Hey guys, i'm at my place now and this computer is old, so this very well be the problems but i'd like to run it by you aswell. The problem is that i am unable to log into my character, on the log in bar, when i type a letter it will continue typing a letter, also at the loading page everything is white, i will try to re down-load but if you have had this in the past and had an easy fix, i'd greatly appreciate it. sounds like to me it's missing a file for the graphics or maybe the graphics cards are too old. Thanks.

Someone else had this the other day and it was something blocking port 2000

try telnet game.eternal-lands.com 2000 from command line

Edited by Raz

Hey guys, i'm at my place now and this computer is old, so this very well be the problems but i'd like to run it by you aswell. The problem is that i am unable to log into my character, on the log in bar, when i type a letter it will continue typing a letter, also at the loading page everything is white, i will try to re down-load but if you have had this in the past and had an easy fix, i'd greatly appreciate it. sounds like to me it's missing a file for the graphics or maybe the graphics cards are too old. Thanks.

Do you mean that, if you press the "A" key, it will type "aaaaaaaa..." in the name bar? In that case, it seems like your PC is not handling interrupts right, which makes it very improbable that the game will run at all...

I can confirm that all is fine with the Kraken character, so it seems the problem really is with that machine.

You might want to post some more specifications about your computer, like the Operating System you are using and such.

I remember, that that happened to me too once ago (typing 'a' results into 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa') and if i am not totally mistaken, it was a problem with the installed SDL libraries.

Updating them might help, just a guess.

Piper

it was a problem with the installed SDL libraries.

Updating them might help, just a guess.

cept Windows doesn't have 'installed SDL libraries' :P , the SDL .dll's come with the EL client.

Edited by Korrode

Ok, I will see if i can find out more. it was given to me by another family member and i really am not sucessful with computers, Yes when typing it results into "Aaaaaa" .. Im sure that is the issue, i have an Apple macbook ill try to get it going, appreciate all the help. I havnt a clue what SDL Libraries are, so ill have to do some research :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.