Eternal Lands Official Forums
Orick

40-60 invance

Hey, im not sure where this post should go but i was wondering if anyone was even interested or of lvl for the 40-60 invance... let me know if you are please and thanks(post only here please)

Gosh, if only they had invances when I was those levels. I have to say that when my a/d were below 60, I absolutely loved doing the capped invasions (the ones I could actually participate in). Only thing is, I too understand the difficulty with being new and broke. Weapons and gear are important variables in fighting. I suppose if more players had confidence of the others' intentions and could trust they would get their items back when they died, they'd be more inclined to enter? Being a "from scratch" (no prior characters) Eternal Lands player, It's very hard when you have to learn by trial and error from the ground up, unlike starting over (already experienced). I am no pro or anything, but I would love to help if I can. If I don't have the answers, I will try to get them. I wish you guys luck and hope for some fast-leveling level 40's to improve your success rate!

(sorry for necropost)

I keep meaning to get involved when a 40-60 invance/invasion is announced but so far I have been inconvenienced by time. Hope to take part soon and before my levels prevent me.

I would love to see the suggested gears for 40-60 invance since auggies and iron sword are a no-no. I am considering participating, but have no clue what is required as far as gears go.

I believe this invance should be no drop for players. New players would be less timid trying the invance then, and might be able to finish without alts helping them.

Amaara, with an a/d in the mid 50es and even normal fighter build, you can be pretty much helpful for the 40-60 invance in augs and tit short or S2E - all equipment you can afford to lose. With higher magic and HOLAM you can even hold the bosses for a while or fight them in team. But I agree, for newbies playing their first char and leveling mostly a/d (so they have low OA) it's pretty hard because they don't know their tools too well.

So, i think, for 40-60 invance, yes, fighting in augs is ok, i think, for higher invances you should have steel/titanium.

As for no-drops, Rabbitman, i would miss out on the drops from monsters ;) .. they do pay off the for losses for some part. New players could be guided by the experienced ones. The feeling of being timid as a newbie can be considered part of the game, making it interesting :)

So, i think, for 40-60 invance, yes, fighting in augs is ok, i think, for higher invances you should have steel/titanium.

You shouldnt offer advice on this subject if you include the phrase "i think".. People who go in with improper gear risk a ban and a clear answer is what is needed here.

WiFi, I wrote "I think", because i'm not authorized by anyone to make the rules. I am merely going by what makes sense to me.

The rules Radu posted are not definite on this matter

b. You must bring good gear with you, don't come naked or with iron swords or with training arrows/bolts or with low level bows.

c. If you decide to be an archer, you must bring good gear (see the above point), have a reasonably high AP* (over 20), and you must use at least 300 arrows**.

*The AP requirement doesn't apply for 40-60 or 60-80 invances.

What's you call "good gear" is of course dependent on level. Although you can justify to ask for a titanium short sword to make reasonable damage, you can't demand from relatively unleveled chars to take a 40kgc sword and full titanium set, or have them risk a rosto, because they have less means to earn this kind of equipment.

Many 40-60ers ARE going in augs and it works alright. There are other tools than armor/weapon which don't cost a fortune when you lose them. There's potions, shield/heal/poison spells, summon stones, all very helpful to improve fighting abilities.

This said, i'm not sure if making 40-60 invance a no-drops is a good idea, even if it's KF style. It sure would make things easier, and prevent the BJing threat, but it would also take the "big challenge" out of this. Any more imput ?

Edited by aredhel

Yes I am looking for a clarifying answer on what is "good gear" for 40-60. That statement is too ambiguous for me to even try to make an educated guess :(

If it were a KF-like no drop invance, I probably would have tried it already. I'm still trying to gear up and save for a few rostos. I'm also working on upping attributes because, as an allrounder, I've got a lot of nexus. While I'm working on those, I'd like to know what else I need to purchase and probably save up to obtain.

Yes I am looking for a clarifying answer on what is "good gear" for 40-60. That statement is too ambiguous for me to even try to make an educated guess :(

I'm probably also a similar build like you, all-rounder with a load of nexus. I'm currently about to leave the 40-60 invance range with p/c 24/26 roughly all the time I went to the 40-60 instances. I've been going through the invances initially with augs, but most time with iron gear and a rdholm and a s2e, frying pan and meanwhile ti serpent. That is my best gear and it allows me to have some fun there while I still have to be quite cautious. I could skip the rdholm and replace it for an iron helm, but the extra life really is essential for me to be effective and not die immediately when I encouter a boss monster.

Other friends got into it in leather augs and with a frying pan - they might have slightly better p/c than me.

Yet others go in titanium armour with scythe and similar or recurve bows and tiger stones.

Definitely bring disengagement rings and BR, and SR and HE as well. You may consider summoning stones if you're a summoner. Also a set of replacement armour (maybe augs and a replacement weapon, should something break) can come in handy.

I died a few times, but I always was lucky enough that friends saved my DB and returned the stuff to me. Thus stay with a small group (two or so) of trusted and jointly walk around so that you can cover up for eachother and also jointly bash a boss (Feros or Fluffy or WhiteTiger are the worst imho, I still can't beat them alone).

Edited by Elke

ok, since you asked...

If you have never been to invances, you should start with :

- Augmented leather pants + augmented leather torso

- leather boots

- steel shield

- titanium short sword

- moon medallion

- iron helm

( all these require human nexus 3 at maximum !)

of course, bring 2 amber, as well!

also bring

- 5 rings of disengagement

- 1 ring of morcraven marsh, 1 ring of naralik (for restocking or returning from IP)

- 2-5 tiger stones

- 30-80 health essence

- 10-20 potions of spirit restoration

- 15 matter essence (for shield spell)

- 5 potions of coordination

- 5 potions of physique

when you have learnt to use all this equipment, also bring

- 15 magic essence (for remote healing summons)

- 5 spirit + 10 energy essence for teleport to range and portal spells

when you are more daring, and can cast restore with reasonable success rate, you can start wearing a red dragon helm of life and mana (human nexus 4), for a lot more health points.

when you are rich, get titanium armor and crown of life (human nexus 5), but better carry a rosto then ;)

Thanks so much for your detailed list and explanation.

There is one thing I don't understand - why the tiger stones? Am I carrying these to give to another player? I certainly don't have a high enough skill level to use them. Is having a summon level of 45 to use these stones a requirement for invance?

Edited by Amaara

You can use summoning stones at summoning lvl 0, but then you cannot control the summons. People with summon level 30 and above can control the summoned tiger and tell them when/if to attack.

Tigers are pretty tough and can help take down most critters in the 40-60 invance.

If you also carry remote heal stuff, you can heal the tigers and keep them alive a bit longer.

If you find yourself caught by a creature you cannot hold on your own, summon a tiger and you will no longer be alone and get the benefit of the def-penalty on the mob.

I hope this answers your question a little.

I'd suggest when sticking at Human 3 buy a Steel Two Edged Sword of Thermal. I have seen it sold for as low as 10K and does good damage. I'd also bring some rings of damage or power and a potion or two of evasion for when you get in trouble.

When you can control summons tell your summoned creatures to attack whatever you are attacking; might be worth while to use a bear summoning stone first just to soften up whatever boss you encounter at set your summons.

I just actualy did a 4060 invance last night. My second ever :)

The term 'good gear' is a little confusing tbh, as although with full Iron plate a scythe and a wide array of potions I can kill everything in the 4060, I have seen players wear augs an ti chain and chop up most of the smaller stuff leaving the boss' alone.

Also 4060 capped invasions sound amazing... In the 3ish months I been playing only stuff to invade is dragons and artik chims.

Back to the 4060 though, it is hard to get other players in range to join up, it is a shame when dishonesr players BJ fellow invancers as it just damages our chances of winning the Exp

Well my first invance was enjoyable, so I tried a second one. Unfortunately that one was absolutely horrible, so I won't be doing any more.

Anyway thanks for all the tips, maybe someone else will find this info helpful.

If you're towards the top of the level requirement, they can be a lot of fun. Just stay close to the group and away from clusters of monsters. And stay way from any of the a)&$@%! that might join you in the invances.

I cannot speak for the 40-60 invance cause I never did them, I agree with Ghrae from what I have experienced in 60-80 / 80-100 / 100-120. They are a lot of fun when you are in the top level of the cap. But they are a lot of fun when you just enter a certain cap. The way you go about it is different though. Because the lowest combination of defense and armor will be the one the critter switches to in fight, there are some best practises.

1. Team up with someone you trust. If you are together and know how monster attack work, you can benefit from that by taking armor on/off, shield spell and def potion to let the critter attack the one that has the most mana.

2. If you are low on mana, and you are not sure if the critter will switch to you, don't attack! Unless current fighter takes off plate.

3. If fighter takes off plate, attack as soon as possible so he/she can put it back on.

4. Watch out for people attacking when you are. Every time someone attacks, the critter will attack the lowest def/armor combo again.

Hope it helps.