Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Why do ants kill snakes?

I understand what ants are - artificial (un)intellegences with certain goals and a lot of abilities (nexus I assume, knowledge,etc). I actually have traded with ants in past buy stopped when I could not tell when they would give something back or would just treat it as a gift.

What I have NEVER seen ants do is summon snakes - they kill them regularly like they do all creatures they think they can kill but the ONLY use in game for snakes is summoning which I have never seen ants do so _WHY_ do they kill snakes? Most are high enough level that they do not get any experience that matters and only other reason I can think of to do with them is sell them either to summoners or to those who are doing quests requiring snakes,

Why do ants kill snakes? Just lack of coding to tell them creatures which are useful for parts and which are not?

Why do ants kill snakes? Just lack of coding to tell them creatures which are useful for parts and which are not?

I think the point of creating artificial intelligence is not to hard-code in them what is useful and what is not, but let them learn it by themselves by trying everything and seeing what happens.

They kill pretty much everything they see (at least until they have died to it a dozen times and realize it's bad for them).

Killing snakes also gives them a/d exp, so it's not a bad idea for them to do that.

I think the ant's are just trying to help. :D In case you haven't noticed, they do tend to leave stuff lying about for lazy n00bs like me, and not just snake skins; - bones, wine etc. etc.

I for one welcome the presence of the differently sentient in this game, and do not presume to project human-centric ideals onto their behavior. As long as the ants are happy playing the game, they're a welcome part of the community as far as i'm concerned.

If they are going to kill them then they should learn to summon.

:confused:

Hmmm yes why not but... Why Lenny kill snakes/racoons/skunks/players and can't summon them :whistle:

Ok ants are not Lenny but hey, there are other things to think about :devlish:

Hmmm yes why not but... Why Lenny kill snakes/racoons/skunks/players and can't summon them :whistle:

Snake skin can be used in extreme situations as goatskin water bag. I saw Bear Grylls on Discovery showing how to do this.

Maybe Ants saw that TV show also. :confused:

Unlike players AND ANTs lenny has no nexus. They can make armor, weapons, potions and essences so I thought why could not one ant from each hill be summoner?

sooooo, you're saying, if i don't summon, i shouldn't kill snakes?

Yes, that is correct Aislar. Unless you want to use them as goatskin water bag. :hehe:

You can give them a headstart by giving the ants All the summoning books and what ever else they need to read and you might get what you want :P