Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luciferx

C2 Ranging arena that is large enough for high level rangers

My suggestion is to make a LONGER and WIDER Square shaped 4 target arena in c2 that would allow for people up to 150 ranging to shoot regardless of time of day. It will ease the overcrowding of the c1 arena and allow for higher levels to still enjoy the arena solving this issue for years to come.

Right now if Me, Mufossa, and Dre all showed up for a William Tell day we would likely cover 25-30% of that arena because of how far back we have to stand and the fact that we take tiles away from both targets standing so far back and with such a long path to target for our arrows to fly.

We are paying 3500gc per entry and the crowding issue is back again on 2x ranging exp days. Adding the second target was a great idea and solved the crowding issue temporarily but the issue is back and going to get worse as more players level up and need to stand on one side of the arena and shoot across the arena to the other target. In any other skill exp goes up as you level but in ranging your exp stays the same... The current arena size actually makes you get less exp as you level up once u hit 80s ranging and you are paying to use it!

The current ranging arena is too small to use once you are in your 80's ranging at certain light levels... And even worse I already am 2 tiles away from the edge of the arena for 3 hours of each game day and soon I will be paying 3500gc per enter into the arena and not even getting the exp I should while standing at the farthest tile possible in that small arena.

Last night I had to wait until half of EL was logged off to use a William tell day stone so that I could use the arena with minimal problems and by the end of the day when more people had woken up i had only 1 tile i could possibly use for my max exp per hour. That takes away from the enjoyment of the game I would have liked to hit that stone Saturday afternoon when 400+ players were logged in to enjoy it instead of waiting until 1am when everyone went to sleep to try to get the arena with as few people as possible.

and for all the haters that say I am just an asshole that levels to much and this is a stupid topic - There are many players now that are 60s and 70s ranging and in a few months to a year when they level up I will not be the asshole any more....

we are going to have major overcrowding issues in that ranging arena as more people will have to stand towards the back of the arena to get decent exp and my idea Solves this issue permanently so it wont have to be dealt with next year when more players are affected.

Although me and Mufossa and Dre are probably the only ones with this problem now, 6 months to a year from now you might have 5 to 10 players who need to stand in the back to shoot across the arena for decent exp and that will cause a lot of arguing in the arena and problems on william tell ranging days which we love so much. Also, anyone who does ranging as their main skill and wants to get 1 level a week at 80+ ranging will spend probably 300k a week on tickets alone in that arena and I don't think its that much to ask (after spending that kind of money) for a longer arena in c2 that will make it worth your money.... charge more if you have too, id pay 4k to get in if I could get the same exp at level 90 as I got at level 50.

Also, I notice when its crowded and I am shooting between 2 people standing very close it affects your accuracy and even with the ranging perk that adds accuracy My miss rate skyrockets. Now it is my problem... if another arena isn't built next year it will be yours too.

people that train on feros (and damn near every other high lvl monster) have a hard time finding a spawn, and more aren't implemented, what makes ranging any different?

Why not add a few range arenas, I can not go to will tell day, because there are so many people in arena my PC over-heats. and lag issues abound (even since the fixes)

people that train on feros (and damn near every other high lvl monster) have a hard time finding a spawn, and more aren't implemented, what makes ranging any different?

Is there a ranging daily? :<

hmmm...half of my xp (level 61 now) i made in bethel and pl cave

want to say, arena is nice to have, even now with autoclick...

but there are other ways to level up, then in arena and you getting some gc back...special for under , lets say level 40 or so...

for 2nd arena : why not make a special arena with a fence to shoot over, so only ppl over some level could use it ?

well, i like to train with the good ones in GP arena, but makes no sence for ppl over 80 or so to make others understand why they need sooo much space.

so i would say a 2nd special arena, forcing ppl to stay more far away from target would make good sence

only my thoughts :bow_arrow:

Think of how lucky you are even to have a ranging arena!

I am very grateful for it, which is why I am asking if we can get another for the people who are getting too high to get proper use and enjoyment from it, and so on high volume days (william tell) everyone can enjoy it without the crowding. It is also a great GC sink which is good for the el economy.

Edited by LuciferX

hmmm...half of my xp (level 61 now) i made in bethel and pl cave

want to say, arena is nice to have, even now with autoclick...

but there are other ways to level up, then in arena and you getting some gc back...special for under , lets say level 40 or so...

for 2nd arena : why not make a special arena with a fence to shoot over, so only ppl over some level could use it ?

well, i like to train with the good ones in GP arena, but makes no sence for ppl over 80 or so to make others understand why they need sooo much space.

so i would say a 2nd special arena, forcing ppl to stay more far away from target would make good sence

only my thoughts :bow_arrow:

Just make more space in PV ring landing zone (archery range of some sort), add a fence and rest of the arena assets (no magic zone, NPC), move the landing zone a bit and you're good to go, no need to create whole new area ;)

I support the idea.

Try to make it a similar distance from a storage as the GP one is so neither is particularly preferable (to non-uber-high-level rangers).

Just make more space in PV ring landing zone

way too close to the storage... and there's a LOT of unused or rarely used space in C2 where the second ranging area could be built.

better something like the caves in Hurquin or somewhere in Sedicolis

EDIT:

Try to make it a similar distance from a storage as the GP one is so neither is particularly preferable (to non-uber-high-level rangers).

heck we could make the second one even further away so that just beginner rangers would not prefer it

(as a noob ranger it doesn't bother me if I block your path but you as a high level ranger can't shoot... am I wrong?)

Edited by zalic

While i didnt play the game for quite some timenow , I can tell from my past exp that indeed when is Ranging day i never been able to get inside due to overcrowding arena. And whatever i tried to do,getting my lag down - coming later etc , still didnt worked out. I asked some friends where else i could do it and couldnt find a proper place to really train so i just joined friends in hunting few mobs there and few over-there but still didnt do the exp i could have done it in arena, that i am sure.

I think 1 more arena in c2 will be wonderful and like this we could really get the job done on such special day. Considering that many try right now to get their ranging lvl up we do need a 2nd arena for sure.

For a new ranging arena to be added, a mapmaker would need to make it first, then we'd need a client update to get it ingame. Since we just had a client update, it might be a while.

A more temporary solution would be to just turn the other target in the GP arena into a "small target" with smaller size and greatly increased Reaction (assuming they're still considered creatures and use the normal attribute system) so it would be much harder to hit, still providing a challence for the high level rangers.

Edited by Choris

For a new ranging arena to be added, a mapmaker would need to make it first, then we'd need a client update to get it ingame. Since we just had a client update, it might be a while.

A more temporary solution would be to just turn the other target in the GP arena into a "small target" with smaller size and greatly increased Reaction (assuming they're still considered creatures and use the normal attribute system) so it would be much harder to hit, still providing a challence for the high level rangers.

or make a moving target :)

moving targets giving up to 2.5 times the xp...well, my experience while ranging from cliff in bethel... so ppl could stand closer ...with some discipline it could work

I could not even use the arena last ranging day it was so crowded... It sucks to level on crap exp because i go ttoo high while i watch others get 2x exp so I did something productive.. I logged out and reinstalled warcraft.

The haters can smile, im done wasting my time in the arena i will not hit 100 as i was going to, I wont be shooting many more arrows in there.

good luck fellow rangers o/

Edited by LuciferX

Why not simply go to Bethel invasion or Iscalrith Invance and range in there ?

There's not always an invasion going on, and it's hard to get in once the invasion has started? (not to mention that the targets move around...)

bcse bethel invasion/invance is not when you decide to use robin tell stone?

and they're not all the time either for those who spends all the time in arena

:omg:

Ardhel with all do respect, WTF?!?! you are talking about? I think you missed Luci's point.