Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
groomsh

Invance FAQ

Invance FAQ:

0. What does it mean "invance" ?

Invance is a combination of words "invasion" and "instance" :)

1. What is the objective of this invasion instance ?

The main objective is to clear ALL monsters in a given time frame.

If a monster enters the fort, you lose! (This check is made on every minute change, so if a monster enters the fort at x:30, you have 30 seconds to kill it, otherwise you'll lose the invance.

If a monster enters the fort at x:59, you're doomed :D )

2. How do I know an invance is about to start ?

Invance is started by Radu and is usually (not necessarily) announced with a message similar to this:

#Message from radu: I will start a 80-100 invance in about 5 minutes, so if you want to participate, you have 25 minutes to prepare.

Then there are 2 more messages:

If you see this one, you can go to battle hall, talk to Ilie and use the option: "5] Send me to the invasion!" and Ilie will teleport you to invance map (you'll find yourself in isclarith fort - it's a special instance of that map)

Special invasion, Save Iscalrith. People between 80-100 a/d that want to participate please report to Ilie in the MM Battle Hall no later than 20 minutes from now.

This is just a reminder for people who are still gearing.

Special invasion, Save Iscalrith. People between 80-100 a/d that want to participate please report to Ilie in the MM Battle Hall no later than 10 minutes from now. Monsters will be spawning in 11 minutes!

IMPORTANT: When this time runs out and monsters start spawning, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE INVANCE!

Watch your time, because there is no more messages...

3. How do I enter an invance ?

Go to Morcraven Marsh battle hall and talk to Ilie.

Check that you have 2 pieces of amber in inventory.

Chose the option: "5] Send me to the invasion!"

(If you get response: "Your A/D levels are too high for this invasion." then you're either not in the range or there is no invance going on.)

NOTE: to the invance all players enter individually as opposed to normal instance where you enter as a team.

4. Is it possible to enter other level ranges then mine (if yes what are the limitations) ?

Yes, you can enter an invance if you're BELOW the minimum range.

However, make sure you DO HELP in the invance, or you get BANNED!

5. What is the cost of entering ?

Cost is 2 amber (you must have it in inventory when speaking to Ilie).

It will disappear from your inventory when you get teleported to invance map.

6. Can I use a storage ?

Yes, you can use a storage - just use #beam me/tele ring/tele spell (tptpr will send you to C2 portals).

You can even use the storage exit on the invance map, it will take you to isclarith storage.

To come back, you have to go to MM battle hall and talk to Ilie again and use the same option (no amber is needed).

NOTE: If you use any of the exits on this map (like houses/caves/buildings/flags/secrets...) you'll leave the invance and have to go back by talking with Ilie in MM battle hall!

7. What happens if I die ?

If you die, you lose rosto (if you had one), or may drop a DB if you did not have one.

You'll find yourself in C2 underworld. To come back to invance, you have to go to MM battle hall and talk to Ilie again and use the same option (no amber is needed).

8. What happens when invance ends ?

You are teleported to Isla Prima and get the experience reward (if you won), or nothing (if you lost) :)

There are 3 possibilities when an invance can end:

1. A monster enters fort and is not killed till next minute change - Invance lost.

2. Monsters are not cleared in given time frame - Invance lost.

3. All monsters are dead and no monster entered the fort - Invance won.

This check is made on every new minute. So if you kill all monsters, you have to wait till start of new minute.

9. What is the reward ?

Reward is attack and defense experience (it is the same systemm as when you finish haidir daily).

IMPORTANT: You HAVE TO BE on the invance map to get the reward!

Each range has it's own amount of experience:

40-60:  ???
60-80:  ???
80-100: 1600x attack level exp and 1600x defense level exp 
100-120: 1800x attack level exp and 1800x defense level exp
120-200: 2000x attack level exp and 2000x defense level exp

10. Is there a minimum/maximum players limit in one instance

There is no maximum players limit (at least i'm not aware of it).

Also i think there is no minimum players limit, however if you're too few, you'll not make it :D (and Radu will most probably not run it)

11. Where do i get this amber ?

Amber can be harvested (using a saw, inorganic nexus 6 needed), but for harvesting it you need 30 Action Points per one harvest (if you have excavator cape/perk, you'll get 2 pieces of amber).

Action Points are recovered slowly during time, when your food level is positive.

You can check your Action Points in statistics screen (press Ctrl+a).

11. What monsters can i expect and how much time do we have ?

40-60: ???
60-80: ???
80-100 (100 minutes): hawk, phantom warrior, white tiger, cyclops, fluffy rabbit, feros, desert chimeran wolf, forest chimeran wolf | BOSS monsters: mountain chimeran wolf, yeti
100-120 (760 monsters, 100 minutes): hawk, phantom warrior, white tiger, fluffy rabbit, mountain chimeran wolf, forest chimeran wolf, yeti, slessar, cockatrice | BOSS monsters: giant, nasparliu
120-200: hawk, phantom warrior, white tiger, mountain chimeran wolf, forest chimeran wolf, yeti, cockatrice, legionnaire orc, nasparliu, giant | BOSS monsters: ice dragon, mare bulangiu

There is also a nice FAQ on >> EL-Wiki <<

PS: post here or pm me if you have more questions and/or corrections to this info (i'm in no way an invance expert :D)

Edited by groomsh

Perfect guide groomsh, thanks! :icon13:

For restock: usually people also just click on one of two storage doors on the map (it's copy of common Iscalrith map so all exits are valid), do the restock and to go back they tele/beam to c1 and head to battle hall to talk with Ilie.

It would be nice also tell the monsters for each invance, I saw people asking what's there and will help also for imagination what is needed to take with. Well, if it's not secret :devlish:

I can tell for 100+ one: fluff, phantom, white tiger, hawk, forest chim, mountain chim, yeti, slessar, trice and giants and naspa as bosses.

ohhh and also time to beat each instance and number of monsters would be nice, if someone will catch it at the invance beginning - post here to add to guide ;)

Considering the way the invance exp on the level of invance is set up I am gonna assume that 60-80 is 1400 and 40-60 is 1200

my 2 cents

120-200 Hawk/WT/PW/FC/MC/Yeti/LOrc/Cocka/Naspa/Giant/Icy/MB + possible Grizzlys,summoned by Giant. Please correct if i forgot something.

Edited by Littlebig

120-200 Hawk/WT/PW/FC/MC/Yeti/LOrc/Cocka/Naspa/Giant/Icy/MB + possible Grizzlys,summoned by Giant. Please correct if i forgot something.

Thx LB, faq updated ;)

I made a page on the El-wiki yesterday and had some help from players in ch 6 to get the info in there:

http://el-wiki.net/Invance

Information is mostly the same but it also has some pictures ;)

Nice guide groomsh \o/

If anyone needs editor permission on the wiki, feel free to send me a pm (forum or in-game). I am afk most of the day but will take care of it when I get back.