Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kilis

Unable to connect to Main/Offical server

Guest Kilis

Hello, I decided that I'm bored with the current game I play and decided to give this one a try. Everything loads up fine but I'm unable to connect to the main server. I can however connect to the test server. I have tried 'telnet game.eternal-lands.com 2000' and did receive a welcome message though it was quickly followed by a message saying "Connection closed by foreign host." I'm on Ubuntu 11.04, if that helps.

Guest Kilis

Does your ISP block outgoing connections on TCP port 2000?

Call them and ask if you're unsure.

[/quote}

I don't think they are blocking it because I can telnet using that port and get the eternal lands welcome message. Just in case it is actually blocked somehow though, do I have any options to still connect to the main server?

You said the welcome message was quickly followed by a connection close, so it could still be at the ISP (i've seen exactly that before with ISP level blocking).

Learner runs a (paid, but not expensive) proxy service that listens on a different port, but your ISP may simply unblock it at your request, there could even be a control panel on their website you can use to turn off a firewall service they provide, without even having to call.

Guest Kilis

You said the welcome message was quickly followed by a connection close, so it could still be at the ISP (i've seen exactly that before with ISP level blocking).

Learner runs a (paid, but not expensive) proxy service that listens on a different port, but your ISP may simply unblock it at your request, there could even be a control panel on their website you can use to turn off a firewall service they provide, without even having to call.

k

Sorry for the late response, work keeps me from the internet sometimes. I'm using at&t mobile (tethered through phone). I will probably call them tomorrow to see about blocked ports. Thanks for the help in figuring this out.

Guest Kilis

Sorry for the late response, work keeps me from the internet sometimes. I'm using at&t mobile (tethered through phone). I will probably call them tomorrow to see about blocked ports. Thanks for the help in figuring this out.

Okay, I figured out the port issue. It was not my isp. It was ubuntu blocking the port. I unblocked the port in my firewall and now I have no problems connecting. Unfortunately I only get about 20fps with my laptop, so still not really playable. :(

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this